OOC Chatter

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Shiba Raizo

Re: OOC Chatter

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:43 pm

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:49 pm
\And while modeling tension is a good thing, I feel like the dice on each roll do that anyway.
Part of my broader view on 5E, to be honest... there's a lot of stuff they bolt to the mechanics that roleplay can (and should be expected to) replicate.

But you'll have to wait for my essay on the subject, because this particular game is fun, and I want as many people to finish it as possible!
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:08 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:43 pm
this particular game is fun, and I want as many people to finish it as possible!
Amen.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:11 pm

4 more IRL days, folks! :oops:
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:22 pm

Yeah 100% - finish the game people. Debate on the system can come later
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:31 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:17 am
And how about duels where no critical is ever actually struck?
You gain 1 point for each fatigue you inflicted on your opponent. You lose 3 points if you unmasked.

(Both are true when a crit is scored as well but those are the ones that also apply without it)
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:01 am

Cross posted from "Who hasn't found their beau?" Thread

Re: match lists
I'm going to mention here that communication is a two way street, so you can reach out to other players to ask what they're planning, what they want you to be planning - please *over*communicate to make sure folks know what you're doing. This game is drafting off whatever list you give for Railun to work from, not a "live draft" like some may recall/have heard about from Banner 3, so there's less room to correct when (not if) the unexpected happens. Remember also that player vote awards will influence the final order, so consider that you may not "pick" as close to first as you're expecting.

If you are wondering about ships/likely pairings - especially to try to avoid being an iceberg - reach out to me as I have a list of several folks' plans. I am not helping people ninja others picks. I am happy to help avoid unnecessary drama at the and of this game.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:43 am

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:22 pm
Yeah 100% - finish the game people. Debate on the system can come later
Hi. :P
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:45 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:01 am

I'm going to mention here that communication is a two way street, so you can reach out to other players to ask what they're planning, what they want you to be planning - please *over*communicate to make sure folks know what you're doing. This game is drafting off whatever list you give for Railun to work from, not a "live draft" like some may recall/have heard about from Banner 3, so there's less room to correct when (not if) the unexpected happens. Remember also that player vote awards will influence the final order, so consider that you may not "pick" as close to first as you're expecting.

If you are wondering about ships/likely pairings - especially to try to avoid being an iceberg - reach out to me as I have a list of several folks' plans. I am not helping people ninja others picks. I am happy to help avoid unnecessary drama at the and of this game.
Personally i have no worries. What i like OOC and what I'll get IC might differ but I'm prepared to lose. Never thought I'd score anything at all really.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:49 am

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:45 am
Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:01 am

Personally i have no worries. What i like OOC and what I'll get IC might differ but I'm prepared to lose. Never thought I'd score anything at all really.
Same. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. That said if anyone is thinking of picking me please let me know just for the ego boost. :)
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:17 pm

Status: Semi-official (from the main fan continuation of the game, but not FFG approved in any way)
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck