OOC Chatter

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: OOC Chatter

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:35 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:18 am
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:13 am
I have aesthetics 0 design 0 and am giving my opinion on art.

I'm gonna take some time to make my mess up spectacular.
I look forward to it!
It is done.

I can only hope it meets expectations.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:59 pm

I liked it!
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kasumi

Post by Kasumi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:06 pm

Oh-kay...should roll in kemari.

Sometime.

Ugh. Tiiired.
Mantis * Tenkinja * Wealthy * Has a parrot * Gaudy getup

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:10 pm

Kasumi wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:06 pm

Sometime.

Ugh. Tiiired.
So are many who rolled for kemari and kept all the strife dice to be awesome at kemari.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:05 pm

Kasumi wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:06 pm

Sometime.

Ugh. Tiiired.
Everybody loves kemari. Especially parrots.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:08 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:29 pm
That's what we were experimenting with. But since the games xp expenditure is tied to level advancement, we were doing something like "You get a subskill for every rank you have in the skill" ....and I don't remember what we were doing for the benefit of it being your subskill. Probably a reroll or an extra die.

Something to consider...but maybe after people get fully used to the system :)
Sub-skill should obviously give 5 automatic successes.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:18 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:29 pm
Aimi wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:26 pm

5e does offer a series of potential "sub-skills" for every given skill, if you want to break them up into different things (go Games could be replaced by Go and Fortunes and Winds as separate skills etc) but I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone do that.
That's what we were experimenting with. But since the games xp expenditure is tied to level advancement, we were doing something like "You get a subskill for every rank you have in the skill" ....and I don't remember what we were doing for the benefit of it being your subskill. Probably a reroll or an extra die.

Something to consider...but maybe after people get fully used to the system :)
We actually made it fairly strong...but mostly fluffy by barring subskill use from conflict. So you can be extra good at writing haiku vs. writing novels. But it doesn't help you in an Intrigue unless you've done some setup with your spiffy haiku skills to set up a bonus from someone during an expected conflict.

We have not yet settled on a decent subskill mode for 'I'd really like to mechanically be better with my chosen weapons vs. random weapons I pick up that still fall under Martial Arts (melee). Other than FFG liking that to fall on the side of "here's spiffy gear enhancements!" Which I feel is way more in flavor for Star Wars than L5R. XD
--You may take one appropriate subskill per rank in a skill
--When performing a check for which you have the appropriate subskill, you gain +1 success
--Subskills may not be used during combat. (duel, skirmish, intrigue, etc.)
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:12 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:18 pm
--You may take one appropriate subskill per rank in a skill
--When performing a check for which you have the appropriate subskill, you gain +1 success
--Subskills may not be used during combat. (duel, skirmish, intrigue, etc.)
I'm far from knowledgeable about this system, but i like this as a balance. Guaranteeing a success feels really strong, and maybe doesn't work at higher skill levels where you have subskills for the majority of what a skill covers? But that seems like it'd be cool added to the characters we're running here.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:46 pm

Yeah, we've been pretty low level so far and all the pretty things to spend xp on means I think the highest skill at the table is 4? And nobody has loaded everything with subskills since there's been some discussion that if it gets out of hand we'll have to rework it. LIke, I think someone may have tacked 2 subskills onto a skill so far?

This all breaks down when thrown at the larger piles of people in PbP with events and competitions and all. I'm tossing here as an 'at the table' thing that works with groups that trend fluffier.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:57 pm

That reminds me, I need to look at how XP works in this edition :lol:

AND I need a better "anxiety" for mah boy, 'cause Raizo's cynicism doesn't really work the way the one in the book does...

EDIT: Dawwwwww. So kawaii.
Last edited by Shiba Raizo on Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe