Upcoming Games!

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Shiba Raizo

Re: Upcoming Games!

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:26 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:19 pm
Gauging interest for a small 5ed game focused on trying out a different way to handle events, (dis)advantages and recovery.\
I'm into it. Especially since, again, 5E character creation is a relative breeze (even if I'm still a long way from figuring out solid builds- Raizo's Strife-sink ability was largely by pure happenstance)
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:03 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:26 pm
I'm into it. Especially since, again, 5E character creation is a relative breeze (even if I'm still a long way from figuring out solid builds- Raizo's Strife-sink ability was largely by pure happenstance)
One of the things I hope to provide is a more well-defined framework for how can be used the many 5ed options to support other people (both PC and NPC) in the same scene (assist and strife removal from opportunities, techniques like Way of the Phoenix that are usually better on other people than yourself, etc.).

Prepare yourself for long, but hopefully clear and well-formatted enough that you can just skip the parts irrelevant for your character, event posts.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:16 pm

Asahina Bo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:24 pm
If Kiku wraps early December I might throw up a Tales game if it would wrap before the holidays get in full swing. But that'll all be up to dates so no promises yet.
Hype! :)

Also I think I've said that before but I wanted to ask you something re: tales games. I'll hit you on discord later! ;)
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:56 pm

It's not really an official game, but after some joking on discord, I've decided to try and 'run' a small freeform game just so people who are interested could do some light and fluffy RP without getting burntout or worry about needing to pass rolls. This is really just in between larger games for those who just want to keep RPing.

The domain is furihumuisland.fallenash.com and should be up in about a week when Canary can make it for me. It's going to be an island game, so you can do all your beach party scenes, too. I'll try to have a few light-hearted events that won't need to be rolled for here and there so people can have something to do, and I think what I'm going to do is have it be 4e-based with 4e lore, but with the houserule that same-sex marriage is a thing, because I really like it and it's a fantasy game, so we don't have to stick to actual Japanese history.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:05 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:02 pm
Shika Nesshin wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:22 pm
There is a 4E Naishou game in the works, focusing on artistry and the like: Sapphire Champions.

Sai and I are GMing, so if you like that kind of thing...keep an eye out?
And I'll be there (playing a Scorpion chef, most likely) so, you know...
I am intrigued
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:58 am

Too many of these sound good and I can't play in them all. :x
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:39 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:19 pm
Cool Sensei Wu stuff
I will totally be up for this if it's January or later. October already looks crowded with Battletech for me.

Thanks for exploring more 5e stuff, Mitsuki! I'm definitely excited to try more and see what this community can make it do in pbp.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:19 am

I am a game whore so interested in all this
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:04 am

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:19 am
You too? Wanna open a game brothel together so that all the games come to us?
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:38 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:04 am
Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:19 am
You too? Wanna open a game brothel together so that all the games come to us?
You have my sword.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe