Upcoming Games!

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Saibankan

Upcoming Games!

Post by Saibankan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:04 am

This thread is specifically for announcing new games. Planning on running a 5e game, a 4 e game, or even something that's not even magical samurai? Announce it here, and get some of your favorite players in brand new roles!
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kitsuki Hajime

Re: Upcoming Games!

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:26 am

Not so much upcoming as upon us:

I am running a historical game set at Richard the Lionheart's coronation in 1189 using the Pendragon rules. We've begun already, but we're not too deep and are very interested in gathering more players. If you enjoy intrigue, history (and messing with it), knotty questions about how leadership works, and gathering glory unto yourself, this might just be the game for you!

Characters will compete to gain glory that they will use to help the Houses of England control the Great Offices of State, with the House that invested the greatest total glory getting to choose who will run the kingdom while Richard is away on Crusade. In addition, we have players struggling for an independent Wales, repping Poland, trying to help the Duchess of Brittany out of a jam without losing any of her children, and making conversation with William Marshal, the greatest knight that ever lived. Agendas will be entertained, skill and ingenuity will be rewarded.

Check out the boards here.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:19 pm

Gauging interest for a small 5ed game focused on trying out a different way to handle events, (dis)advantages and recovery. It would be using the framework pioneered by SvenTS (Asahina Bo's player) for Tales of the Jewel, only lasting 5 in-character days (15 real life days), with no events on days 1 and 5 (so fundamentally a three-days game + introduction + conclusion).

Name: The Way of Sensei Wu
Setting: Default FFG setting ("pre-Scorpion coup")
Structure: "Tournament" (focus on events with a bit of political intrigue on the side)
Synopsis:
A small house of wisdom lost in Seikitsu mountains, the monastery of Circle's End was never a place of much importance. The only thing it is, moderately, known for in secular Rokugan is the respected sensei of bojutsu who lives there: Wu.

Wu is one of these sensei who can be very good teacher when they dedicate their mind to it, but have little interest in teaching, forcing prospective students to move heaven and earth for a chance to become his pupil.

Until now. Wu just announced he was ready to accept any student, even people who haven't shaved their head, if they manage to impress him during the Festival of the Circle, a local celebration that should happen barely one month from now.

The suddenness and weirdness of that offer caught the interest of the clans more than its content, who are now wondering what is happening in that maybe isolated but still strategically positioned place, near the borders of no less than three clans. And if, maybe, sending someone there, if only to learn more about the situation, wouldn't be a good idea.

Characters: PCs will be rank 1 characters with no extra XP. Only character creation options from the Core book and Emerald Empire will be allowed.
Date: Not sure yet, will depend on people. The windows I envision at the moment are either the second half of October (so before Ender's game) or the second half of January 2022 (before the big rush of 2022 games).
Caveats: While I'm reasonably confident on my ability to design events at least from a purely mechanical point of view, I absolutely won't guarantee long and meaningful discussions with NPCs or being able to invent on the fly interesting situations tailored for your character (for example, one exploiting a particular disadvantage).
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:54 am

Tagging to keep an eye on.

Interested in Mitsuki's game, but I doubt I have time in that timeframe. If it turns out otherwise...I'll hop in.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:30 am

Tagging for points of interest...
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:22 pm

There is a 4E Naishou game in the works, focusing on artistry and the like: Sapphire Champions.

Sai and I are GMing, so if you like that kind of thing...keep an eye out?
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:02 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:22 pm
There is a 4E Naishou game in the works, focusing on artistry and the like: Sapphire Champions.

Sai and I are GMing, so if you like that kind of thing...keep an eye out?
And I'll be there (playing a Scorpion chef, most likely) so, you know...
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:11 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:19 pm
Gauging interest for a small 5ed game focused on trying out a different way to handle events, (dis)advantages and recovery.
Interested.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:17 pm

Interested in Mitsuki's game too, although I'm not sure I'll be available in January. Let's see when it gets closer!
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:24 pm

If Kiku wraps early December I might throw up a Tales game if it would wrap before the holidays get in full swing. But that'll all be up to dates so no promises yet.
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari