Ask the GM

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Saibankan

Re: Ask the GM

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:07 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:08 am
Can we use performance (which is about performing) for the perform part of the event? It's a little odd that something called perform is not actually using the performance skill which is what it's all about
It is weird, but it's how the rules handle that particular skill. In the great skill condensation, Composition got Poetry and Calligraphy, while Performance got the singing, storytelling, musical instruments, and acting.

For wordage, I could have called Step 3 Recite, instead of Perform, but that's just my own brain at work.

I'm going to stick to step 3 being Composition, because I prefer to keep poetry under one skill rather than needing two skills to do poetry.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:08 pm

Asahina Bo wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:34 am
As the event and anxiety are both written the 'Let’s go with the classics' path would not technically trigger Obtuse however it definitely feels like it should trigger Obtuse at least for the tone and/or performance aspect if nothing else.

Let me know how much Strife Bo should be eating on this event.
Sure you can trigger that. You'll take 3 strife, because while Adversities trigger every roll, Anxieties only trigger once per time slot.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:10 pm

Aimi wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:40 pm
Hmm. I am actually going to ask here - Aimi has the Storytelling Passion, which includes among its benefits a note that she basically has perfect memory for stories etc, including all the tiny details other people might forget.

If I take option B for the poetry, can I apply some kind of benefit for this Passion on the first roll, which is explicitly remembering an appropriate poem from generations of classics? Given her background I can see several times and places Aimi might have been in a place to hear and remember a particularly stirring or beautiful poem that someone else composed. Not sure what that would look like though.

(Going to make some rolls on the assumption that the answer is no, just in case)
Mechanically no benefit, it just adds fluff.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:17 pm

Okay, so, just to make sure I've actually just wasted my Just as Predicted for the day, if I keep a skill die and try to use it on a roll in which I have no skill, then I can't use my JaP for that roll because I have no dice of the same type to exchange it with? Or am I reading this wrong and can actually exchange it with any die I keep on the second roll

Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:24 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:17 pm
Okay, so, just to make sure I've actually just wasted my Just as Predicted for the day, if I keep a skill die and try to use it on a roll in which I have no skill, then I can't use my JaP for that roll because I have no dice of the same type to exchange it with? Or am I reading this wrong and can actually exchange it with any die I keep on the second roll

You can exchange it with any kept die, even if you don't have the skill....just as predicted.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:28 pm

Quick questions on the letters game:
[*]do you need to devote a timeslot to it?
[*]If so, do you need to make a thread to it?
[*]If not, should we PM you our rolls or put them in our PF?

Thanks again in advance
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:31 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:24 pm
You can exchange it with any kept die, even if you don't have the skill....just as predicted.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:34 pm

can i get your attention here please when you have a minute.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:37 pm

Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:42 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:17 pm

Ah damn, just waking up and missed the last couple words about same type.

Assuming that you already did it, go ahead and use it for this event (the bear messed up bonus) and going forward remember it has to be same type.