Ask the GM

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Shika Nesshin

Re: Ask the GM

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:44 am

At your convenience, good gummybear: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=71&start=11
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:23 pm

For planning information, are daily events/play sticking to their historical time slots?
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:32 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:23 pm
For planning information, are daily events/play sticking to their historical time slots?
Yes, with the exception of Day 13
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:01 pm

I'm sorry if this has been placed somewhere before, but what are the rules for the game of letters? Are we able to find out who wrote what with rolls?
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:38 pm

How much would it be to rent a room at the geisha house for a slot?
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:43 pm

Actually on the subject of the Geisha House, I feel like there should probably be some kind of mechanical interaction with strife if you visit there? The whole purpose of Geisha in-universe is to provide good company and entertainment that lets a samurai unwind and be human for a bit without any kind of social judgement or whatnot, which sounds like some kind of... unmasking but you don't get penalised for it, almost?
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:11 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:01 pm
I'm sorry if this has been placed somewhere before, but what are the rules for the game of letters? Are we able to find out who wrote what with rolls?
Games TN 2 to participate in the game. Well, even if you fail the roll the letter goes out. It just might have unintentional consequences :D Put it into your pf.

Hm, I would say Water/Games TN 3 to correctly deduce a participant. If you fail, I'm gonna give you wrong info, and rely on your sportsmanship not to meta the fact that you failed the die roll.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:15 pm

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:38 pm
How much would it be to rent a room at the geisha house for a slot?
They don't rent rooms, however, they do accept gifts, and if the geisha an help you best relax by leaving you in solitude that's your business.

I'd say any gift worth less than a bu would be a dreadful insult.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:26 pm

Aimi wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:43 pm
Actually on the subject of the Geisha House, I feel like there should probably be some kind of mechanical interaction with strife if you visit there? The whole purpose of Geisha in-universe is to provide good company and entertainment that lets a samurai unwind and be human for a bit without any kind of social judgement or whatnot, which sounds like some kind of... unmasking but you don't get penalised for it, almost?
As stated earlier, I considered letting people use the geisha house to reset strife / unmask for free, but I felt that a daily flood of people running into screaming for 5 minutes and then running back out would not fit the game well flavor or balance wise. So I've had to content myself with people using the geisha house as a place to pursue their passion to reduce strife.

However, since it's been brought up again, I'll stick on "A trip to the geisha house reduces strife by 2, which can be combined with pursing your passion, assuming your passion can be pursued at the geisha house.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:10 pm

How are handled purchases of things that are not rare but likely too expensive to be handwaved? Like, a rectangle of ten per one feet of silk (it's for a scarf).
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck