OOC Chatter

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Shiba Raizo

Re: OOC Chatter

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:03 pm

Took 11 Strife.

Tanked 10 for other people.

S H I B A
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:10 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:03 pm
Took 11 Strife.

Tanked 10 for other people.

S H I B A
Raizo sits at the goban.

"Um, what were the rules again?"

*Looks over to Aimi. You got this champ!"

*Looks back to board*

So...when do I get more pieces again?

*Looks back to audience*

"Hang in there Emiko!

*Looks back to board*

Could we maybe just arm wrestle?
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:27 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:10 pm
Could we maybe just arm wrestle?
Not gonna lie, Bishamon's Blessing has thus far been of zero utility, so... could we? :lol:
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:56 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:15 pm
FYI folks, Raizo is playing to Earth Opportunity Shiba like a motherfucker.

While my post is not yet up, he is already tanking 4 strife for Aimi, and 2 for Usogawa Narumi, and will likely be favoring others down the line...
I know you just want to be nice... But this is going to raise so many timing questions about when these strife heals happen.

I actually even remember a ruling about cross-player opportunities being disabled during events especially to avoid these nightmarish headaches. I suppose it has been overruled since?
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:21 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:56 pm

I know you just want to be nice... But this is going to raise so many timing questions about when these strife heals happen.

I actually even remember a ruling about cross-player opportunities being disabled during events especially to avoid these nightmarish headaches. I suppose it has been overruled since?
*Shrug*

Without an overruling, it's rather pointless to attempt-and was allowed to stand in yesterday's event.

Generally speaking, strife is proving to be a mechanic that lives up to its name.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:26 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:21 pm
*Shrug*

Without an overruling, it's rather pointless to attempt-and was allowed to stand in yesterday's event.

Generally speaking, strife is proving to be a mechanic that lives up to its name.
If you find the time to speak to me during the day (EA could work quite well for me since I'll be using LM to destress), I'll take some strife from you.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:29 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:26 pm
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:21 pm
*Shrug*

If you find the time to speak to me during the day (EA could work quite well for me since I'll be using LM to destress), I'll take some strife from you.
Between catching his breath, a Void Meditation op, and some pursuit of his passion, Raizo's back down to 2 by the end of Late Morning. But I'm always up for a thread.
Remember to Breathe

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:30 pm

I feel like we will have to cut the post-game feedback in two categories:

Strife

Everything else

If we want to avoid all comments about good stuff or minor issues being completely drowned under strife-related problems.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:32 pm

As the most vocal person about strife, I think we should wait for postgame to have a long discussion on it
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:33 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:30 pm
I feel like we will have to cut the post-game feedback in two categories:

Strife

Everything else

If we want to avoid all comments about good stuff or minor issues being completely drowned under strife-related problems.
People(myself included) were talking about the issues of strife since the first beta.

Though for Saiban's sake, it might be worth making just a dedicated anti-strife thread that we can vent in after the game with the understanding that the good bear isn't required to read it.

Actually to add an extension to this - Do people want to try and cobble together an alternative strife system after the game?
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired