Ask the GM

Chat, character planning, and whatever else you the player need to say publicly.
Shika Nesshin

Re: Ask the GM

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:45 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:39 pm
Shika Nesshin wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:16 pm
If we're still waiting for event threads to resolve after day-flip, how do we proceed?
I already gave you your courtship point, just have to fluff finish the exchange.
Also need to know re: glory and honor.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:53 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:45 pm
Saibankan wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:39 pm
Shika Nesshin wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:16 pm
If we're still waiting for event threads to resolve after day-flip, how do we proceed?
I already gave you your courtship point, just have to fluff finish the exchange.
Also need to know re: glory and honor.
Yep take it.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:56 pm

From Discord:

"Can I skip the event? Wil I be horribly punished if I do so?"

You can absolutely skip the event!

The punishment is this: the event rewards are tiered. If you show up, even if you roll 0 successes, and just flap your arms about for the length of the interview...you are still guaranteed to earn 1 Courtship point. Heck, maybe even more than 1 if the entire group does horribly. If you skip the event, you automatically get 0 courtship points for the event.

Well, also if you skip, that makes the overall pool smaller, which means fewer people will get top tier awards, so I don't know how much you wanna try to game things (Hmm, by my calculations, if I jump in, then A-ko will get 1 more courtship point, this must/must not happen!)

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:49 pm

Questions here and here.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Nekoma Jae

Post by Nekoma Jae » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:20 pm

Because of the line in the event "We've done exhaustive research about your ancestry", does that mean adversities that have to do with a person knowing your background/history probably apply?
Cat Clan • Female • Courtier • Probably Harmless
Honor: 30 • Glory: 35 • Status: 25 • Courtship Points: 0
Wears: Common Clothes, furred white hat, wakizashi, shakuhachi

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:24 pm

Nekoma Jae wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:20 pm
Because of the line in the event "We've done exhaustive research about your ancestry", does that mean adversities that have to do with a person knowing your background/history probably apply?
Sure

Nekoma Jae

Post by Nekoma Jae » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:30 pm

Oh boy, this might get wild, thanks!
Cat Clan • Female • Courtier • Probably Harmless
Honor: 30 • Glory: 35 • Status: 25 • Courtship Points: 0
Wears: Common Clothes, furred white hat, wakizashi, shakuhachi

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:27 am

Hmm. Since Anxieties give strife (and void), timing for them in events can make a difference.

Just ping the anxiety at the beginning of the event? Or chose where in the roll sequence it goes?
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:51 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:27 am
Hmm. Since Anxieties give strife (and void), timing for them in events can make a difference.

Just ping the anxiety at the beginning of the event? Or chose where in the roll sequence it goes?
I'd say start to keep things clean.

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:22 am

Finally getting around to D2 and its events after a long day and I noticed I've got some questions before I can tackle it.

I may have some more, still learning the system and how things interact, but here goes:

1) (more setting/story-related!) Does the choice of approach and skills for the event affect how Pei pei (or others!) see us, and more specifically, could it have horrific consequences? Like... say, if the silly sparrow chooses Labour, for example, to talk about how a bunch of ancestors were really good at helping make sure food and fish never lacked at their villages despite droughts and bad harvests. Would that be an auto glory or honour ding or something like that?

And... would we know that? XD Because if we wouldn't, I can imagine going ahead and doing it regardless.

2) Also more specifically - would you say 'Talented Herbalist' might apply to talking about one's ancestors for, say, Survival, Medicine, Labor (re: crops maybe) and/or Aesthetics (re: gardening, say)?

I'll probably have more questions in the morning XD Thanks!
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.