(D10, MM) Random Encounters (Event "observation")

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Shiba Raizo

Re: (D10, MM) Random Encounters (Event "observation")

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:32 am

Ah, but I know how to hunt... whereas I think you're about as big on debate as I am...
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:42 am

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:18 am
He looked to the Moth with a wide and warm smile "did I hear you also got a boar? Congratualtions! Do you hunt often Kaikoga-san?" He spoke with a friendly voice.
Koi beamed at the Otter next her actually really impressive boar, not quite as large but solid and plenty of meat on it. "Hai, I did indeed!" She beamed. "Though it is proving to be quite a beast to carry but I got it. I'll get it back."

She nodded. "Yes, our family gets locked in the mountains during the winter so we need to hunt to survive so my Father taught me how to hunt from a young age. I thoroughly love it, to be honest though it is the first time I have successfully killed something as big."

"Thanks for noticing!" She beamed happily.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:48 am

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:42 am
Tanabe laughed a rich and pleasant sound "I would not have guessed Kaikoga-san!" He gave her a smile "You have interest in sumai and hunting, should I have known I would have offered to go hunting with you sometime before. Though perhaps not so good an idea with the constant rain." He said smiling

"The River life often consists of hunting especially if we get trapped in one place for too long by frozen waters and are Unlucky enough to be far away from a holding to request shelter." He explained his own experience.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:40 am

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:48 am
Tanabe laughed a rich and pleasant sound "I would not have guessed Kaikoga-san!" He gave her a smile "You have interest in sumai and hunting, should I have known I would have offered to go hunting with you sometime before. Though perhaps not so good an idea with the constant rain." He said smiling

"The River life often consists of hunting especially if we get trapped in one place for too long by frozen waters and are Unlucky enough to be far away from a holding to request shelter." He explained his own experience.
Koi laughed warmly, and laughed. "I am a mystery with many layers. I would happily accept the offer in any weather condition, the rain helps hide our scents after all."

The Moth nodded. "Yes, as long as its solely for survival I think Hunting is a perfectly acceptable activity."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:01 pm

Still nursing the edges of a hangover, Narumi had wrapped her berries in a large leaf for transport; she now found a tree to help prop up by leaning against it to catch her breath before returning to the judges with her prize.

(quote on approach pls)
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:09 pm

Bai found a tree to sit down and rest after finding some mint.

//quote or pm if approached
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:26 pm

"Hunting's good even absent survival," Nesshin notes. "Gets a body outside, helps keep an eye on surroundings, improves the aim, all good."

He looks around. "There'll be feasting in town for the next few days, really. And that'll be good."
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:17 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:40 am
Koi laughed warmly, and laughed. "I am a mystery with many layers. I would happily accept the offer in any weather condition, the rain helps hide our scents after all."

The Moth nodded. "Yes, as long as its solely for survival I think Hunting is a perfectly acceptable activity."
Tanabe chuckled "Well I'd say today's hunting isn't really about survival. Though as Shika-sama said it will probably be put to good use."
Shika Nesshin wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:26 pm
"Hunting's good even absent survival," Nesshin notes. "Gets a body outside, helps keep an eye on surroundings, improves the aim, all good."

He looks around. "There'll be feasting in town for the next few days, really. And that'll be good."
He then turned more toward the Deer and bowed "But Shika-sama I don't believe we have ever officially met." Though after over a week in the same town competing in the same events it was unlikely they wouldn't know each other by name at least "This one is Susaki Tanabe."
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:21 pm

The Sparrow's face was even more serene - and indeed happy - after he returned bringing a twig with leaves and flowers. They were beautiful, fragrant flowers, but it probably didn't look like much, especially to those returning with game.... but for some reason, it was enough to make him very pleased with his finding.

After giving his find to Zang, he stayed around for quite a while, looking at other plants around, collecting herbs here and there, and open to any who might be interested in a conversation.

OOC:
Please PM or quote if approached :)
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:39 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:43 pm
"Agasha-san!" Nesshin says, happily, bowing. "Botany for you today, too, I see!"
“Huh? Oh, no, Mycology! Mushrooms forever!” But who was she kidding, she didn’t know mushrooms anymore than she knew botany. She just liked how these ones tasted. And they hadn’t killed her yet!
Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:42 am
-snip-

Hearing her friend’s laugh, Ino looks over and makes a mildly lewd gesture with the mushroom before giggling and darting closer to the Moth.

“At least I didn’t get any Mountain Tuna” she giggles, eyeing the boar, which was quite a catch and also not a goat!

As she grabs a handful of a particular berry she catches a glimpse of Narumi out of the corner of her eye.
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:01 pm
(quote on approach pls)
She alters course again, offering a handful of berries to the Otter. “Not as good as more shochu, but it’s close!”

The forest sure was a busy place with all the samurai in it.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai