[D9ME] The written history of the Moto (Expecting)

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Moto Mitsuki

Re: [D9ME] The written history of the Moto (Expecting)

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:03 pm

"And sometimes, what is found is not what was expected. Or not alone. Or was underestimated. I get the idea. No plan resists contact with the enemy.

I guess with such a background, you've been courted by all the Crab at the miai. A trained spirit hunter sounds like something they would kill for. At the condition you could marry in their clan of course. I have quite the hard time getting my head around the rules of who's marrying in and who's marrying out in events like this one."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:25 pm

"That is an unfortunate no. Early on yes, and there was a strong connection... but not strong enough to survive contact with the enemy," he says with a smile. "Not that I actually consider him an enemy. Quite the opposite."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:32 pm

"Well, I guess the miai also serves its purpose in showcasing relationships that wouldn't have worked if taken further. Better now than before the altar."

Mitsuki's lip twitched as this reminded her of a certain Unicorn clan champion whose wedding was canceled at the very last minute.
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:13 pm

"The troubling thing about it is that it would have worked and both of us knew it. But she did not wish to hurt him, so I took on as much of that burden as I could carry. Despite wanting so much more. But I have moved forward, lessening the pain each day, finding something new and beautiful in a different way."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:57 pm

Mitsuki refrained from commenting that a tragic love story would also be a good thing to add to her book, and instead went for a neutral statement:

"Some things are just not meant to be."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:15 pm

He nods his agreement. "But whoever the Deer match me with, I will try to make happy."