[D8, EE] Session 3 (Expecting)

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D8, EE] Session 3 (Expecting)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:25 pm

"If we do well enough", he said, suddenly a little more relaxed. "I might have you up front on the way back, maybe you can try to give him some commands." He looked over his shoulder at her with a confidence she likely wouldn't see in him normally. "Ready?"
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:14 pm

Emiko opened her eyes, looking up at him before giving a firm nod.

"Hai, I think I'm ready Shosuro-sama. Let's go."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:38 pm

And they were quite off, then.

And quite well:
D8, in the woods. Showing off with Yudaina. | TN: ? | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image

There was no grand flourish, but the ride was as smooth, swift, and safe as it could be given the rain. Hikimasu seemed to be a decent rider, it wasn't just all his impressive horse. As he promised they started off slow, for many reasons. He was worried about mud splash and an accident. When they reached more proper canopy in the woods, he was able to speed up, the ground a little harder and easier for them to deal with.

He remembered the way, and so he went there to that place. Honestly he should have scouted a bit more and found somewhere else, but his day to that point had been fairly busy. Yudaina also seemed to recall and in his more proper gallop took them over a rock in the road with a short leap and off the road, eventually slowing on a path that went straight to their destination.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:41 pm

Emiko had held onto the back of Hikimasus kimono as the started off, her other hand still holding her parasol. She tried to look around her though, marvelling at how things looked from the top of a giant horse apparently not moving too quickly - although it felt quicker to her.

"I expected it to be more bumpy" she commented as she smiled a little more, enjoying the ride.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:44 pm

"Well you can't expect a rough ride from a good boy like Yudaina", he answered. "From up here you can see a lot of the Shika's little tree forts as well, though I've yet to come across any of their samurai in them."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:57 pm

"You can?" Emiko leaned forward slightly to try and see better, leaning into Hikimasu "where? Oh I think I see one! That's high up, how do you get up to them?"

She was clearly really enjoying the sightseeing.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:13 pm

And to say he wasn't enjoying it on several levels would be a lie as well.

So close, thank you for having your act together, Yudaina-san, I would have just crashed.

"Rope ladders maybe?" he wondered. "It's likely not too difficult if you take your time. All of the trees out here are quite nice too, we don't have many gypsum in Scorpion lands."

And they rode past, eventually off even the small trail and into the meadow.

While the summer flowers still showed, the grey sky and rain were a bit of a downer, yet regardless the wildflower color was there. The scent of the wilderness and rain couldn't really do anything to clear his senses of Emiko's scent. He sighed, happily, and he didn't realize it really.

"Here we are", he said and slid off his friend's back. He didn't want an accident still, though. "I apologize for being so forward", he warned, and took her hand, clasping tight enough he could stop her from falling off the wrong side of the horse. His other reached down as well. "Just fall forward, I have you, alright?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:22 pm

"Oh, that's pretty" Emiko commented about the meadow. The rain ruined the view a little, but she still smiled. She blinked and looked surprised at the grab though, and looked down at Hikimasu.

"Ano...fall forward?"

She didn't look sure, but she did as requested, falling forward.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:35 pm

Holding her hand and letting her fall he caught her easily. Not much of a real catch as the distance wasn't so great, but his hands helped lower and find her feet. He let go and looked around. "That tree sticks out a little, the canopy might be well enough for a sit." He reached into the bag on Yudaina's saddle and snatched it off. "I have a blanket, so we can keep the mud off, and something to eat, but if you want to have a look around to smell the flowers while I set up be my guest."

And there were plenty of flowers. orange tulips, purple house flowers, violets...all taking a shower.

Hikimasu popped his umbrella open and picked up his things to head over and set about it.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:52 am

"All this way and the first place you want to take me is over to a tree to trip me over" Emiko said with a small chuckle, opening her parasol. Not that it would do much as her hair was already a little wet.

"I'll take a look at some of the flowers first while you set up. Thank you" she smiled and bowed, then walked around the meadow. It was pretty muddy from all the rain so she was careful in her walking, stopping every now and again to look at some of the flowers. It was clear she was quite pleased at the scene, even if it was a bit muddy and wet.