[D8, EE] Session 3 (Expecting)

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D8, EE] Session 3 (Expecting)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:19 pm

Hikimasu and Yudaina were again at the gates, ready to go into the forest beyond for a proper ride. Summer nights were bright, lady Amaterasu's light lingering for many hours past her winter routine. It hadn't been raining all that much, really. Well, he had his jingasa, he'd wrapped his legs in cloth, and further out, the trees were more than enough. He was just a bit miffed the weather hadn't totally agreed with him.

He wondered if Emiko would try to talk him out of ths.

Yudaina chortled, as if reading Hikimasu's thoughts, and calling him an idiot.

Or at least the Scorpion believed that.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Emiko

Re: [D8, EE] Session 3 (Expecting)

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:45 pm

Eventually a little blue umbrella can be seen approaching in the distance. Getting closer, until the little Otter was in view. She had debated with herself whether she should braid her hair again or not, unsure if long flowing hair would cause issues, but opted against in the end, leaving her hair untied.

She bowed, first to Hikimasu then to the horse.

"Good evening Shosuro-san, Yudaina-sama. I hope you weren't waiting too long?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:03 pm

"Oh no, we just got here", both he and the horse shook their heads. "I hope you didn't have any trouble getting out there...I um...i guess the weather didn't agree completely with this in the end..."

Yudaina raised his head, as if being haughty toward his remark.

He stepped to the side to allow her to get close. "Ahem...this is my friend Yudaina, we tend to go everywhere together."

And indeed the steed appears quite noble. Much larger than a pony, the size of a unicorn horse.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:08 pm

"It's an honour to meet you at last Yudaina-sama" Emiko bowed again to the horse "you're a beautiful horse."

She smiled to Hikimasu.

"He's very big, I think his legs are taller than I am. How do you even get on a horse that big?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:12 pm

"Well quite easily", he said and stepped forward toward her. He made a sure effort to calm his nerves, which he admitted had been addled most of the day to that point, though things were getting easier, he felt. Putting out a hand toward her he bowed slightly. "If you'll allow me."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:51 pm

"Eh? What are you going to do?" Emiko asked, looking at the hand then at Hikimasu.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:54 pm

"Well the plan was to throw you into the air and have Yudaina catch you with a leap, but I suppose I can just lift you onto his back if you're not feeling that adventurous", he said straightfaced (but what else is he, really?). Yudaina whinnied. Hikimasu made a shushing sound at him and returned to regarding Emiko, he put his hand out further. "If you please."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:57 pm

Emiko gave him a look that was somewhere between amused and disbelief.

"I suppose if there's no other way" she took his hand.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:13 pm

He took her delicate hand, the one that commands the flute and violin (not to leave out the yumi!) and as well placed his other at her side. Then with a swift move brought her hand close to her own body and lifted her right off her feet and onto Yudaina's back.

He climbed on swiftly after, in front so as to not give her ample time to fall off.

"Now, you mentioned horse accidents", he said suddenly quite serious. "We'll start slow, but do not at all be hesitant to hold on."

He was clear and instructive about it, though he wished he was a bit more flirty just the same.

"Understand?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:16 pm

There was a small gasp as she was lifted up. Thankfully she wasn't that heavy, and she managed to work out when to swing her leg over the horse. She managed to not grip the horses lovely mane also, which was a good thing. She closed her eyes for a few moments as she adjusted to the height, which meant she was slightly startled as he hopped up.

"A-ano" Emiko said quietly, before nodding "hai. Thank you."