[D7LE] The beginning of the end (Open)

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Moto Mitsuki

Re: [D7LE] The beginning of the end (Open)

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:28 pm

Mitsuki raised an eyebrow at the sudden change in mood of the Sparrow:

"Yes, no more than one week. I don't think our clans would appreciate the Deer keeping us longer than they were allowed to. Though our planning in the following weeks will likely be shaken up quite a bit. There will be a lot of things to take care of between the engagement and the wedding.

For example, I fully expect to remain somewhere on the eastern side of the Seikitsu mountains for at least the next months, so to facilitate contacts with my spouse's family while still serving my clan.

Do you plan to return all the way down to Sparrow lands as soon as the miai is over? Could make things more complicated than they need to if you were to marry, for example, someone from one of the northern clans."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:04 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:28 pm
Mitsuki raised an eyebrow at the sudden change in mood of the Sparrow:

"Yes, no more than one week. I don't think our clans would appreciate the Deer keeping us longer than they were allowed to. Though our planning in the following weeks will likely be shaken up quite a bit. There will be a lot of things to take care of between the engagement and the wedding.

For example, I fully expect to remain somewhere on the eastern side of the Seikitsu mountains for at least the next months, so to facilitate contacts with my spouse's family while still serving my clan.

Do you plan to return all the way down to Sparrow lands as soon as the miai is over? Could make things more complicated than they need to if you were to marry, for example, someone from one of the northern clans."
He seems to ponder for quite a bit on her comments and her question. "Hm. I... I assume that's what I will have to do, Mitsuki-sama. We are not many, and... I worry about how Sanbuku Mura will fare if I stay away for too long. Although... it is one less mouth. I suppose the clan will find their way.", he says a bit uncertainly, smiling coyly. "I mean... much as I would hope to be back to our lands... Moto-sama is right. If the Shika decide for someone from the North..."

This time, he seems a bit uncertain himself about the process and what will come of it, as is clear in his eyes shifting around the place.

"Or, well, if I marry into another clan. I suppose that is not so unlikely..."

He then looks at her again. "Well, changing topics only slightly... have you thought about what it would mean for you, Moto-sama? If you were to marry into another clan? Or... have you been considering any participants in particular?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:48 pm

"I haven't established any list of suitors of my own no. Feeling like it might create conflicts with the job the Shika are supposed to be doing.

Even if I am to marry out, the wedding will likely be delayed until tensions with the Lion are... resolved. In the meantime I'll stay and fight with the Unicorn."

She pondered the question a bit longer, feeling like she was missing something:

"Well, of course, the possibility of a clusterfuck, if I end up having to marry a Lion or a Lion's ally of higher status, does exist. If that case, the wedding will likely be rushed, and me assigned as far from the frontline as possible.

But that's an extremely unlikely scenario, as I don't think the Deer wants to anger both the Lion and the Unicorn with such shenanigans right now."
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:02 am

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:48 pm
"I haven't established any list of suitors of my own no. Feeling like it might create conflicts with the job the Shika are supposed to be doing.

Even if I am to marry out, the wedding will likely be delayed until tensions with the Lion are... resolved. In the meantime I'll stay and fight with the Unicorn."

She pondered the question a bit longer, feeling like she was missing something:

"Well, of course, the possibility of a clusterfuck, if I end up having to marry a Lion or a Lion's ally of higher status, does exist. If that case, the wedding will likely be rushed, and me assigned as far from the frontline as possible.

But that's an extremely unlikely scenario, as I don't think the Deer wants to anger both the Lion and the Unicorn with such shenanigans right now."
He considered her words for a long time. Then, finally, his usual smile a bit changed, for whatever reason, he answers a simple. "Hai... that would make sense. I... do hope it doesn't come to that, ne?"

The words are ambiguous, of course. The obvious interpretation is that he would be talking about her marrying out into the Lion. But then... it could be about the situation itself, as well.

"The war... it seems almost inevitable, it seems, ne?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:58 pm

"I would say it's all in the hands of the new Lion champion, that Akodo Toturi. If he goes through a public apology, and backs up his words with actual concessions and compensations...

Yeah, it's very much inevitable."

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:09 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:58 pm
"I would say it's all in the hands of the new Lion champion, that Akodo Toturi. If he goes through a public apology, and backs up his words with actual concessions and compensations...

Yeah, it's very much inevitable."
The Suzume falls silent and seems to think for a long time this time. A long time indeed.

He then nods. "I see."

More silence. Wars between brothers are clearly not something he's eager to see, as his face shows. But he apparently cannot find a way to put that into words.

(/scene? We might go for another scene on d11 or d12!)