(D7 MA) Swim Lessons

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Susaki Tanabe

Re: (D7 MA) Swim Lessons

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:37 am

Tanabe laughs switching easily to float on his back turning his body into some kind of raft he turns his head slightly a smile on his lips "Oh come now Love you don't give yourself enough credit, you swim at least as well as a fifth year maybe even sixth!" he exclaimed with a light teasing. his eyes bright as he watched her in the water, evaluating as well as enjoying the sight of her
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:30 pm

Yasu rather enjoys the sight, herself. His body stretched out upon the water, full in the sun like this is a beauty she hadn't thought to find herself so struck by. She finds herself forgetting to breathe, shakes out of it as she stretches out a bit to paddle toward him. She's obviously competent enough to avoid drowning in a still pool, but it's all very rudimentary. "Oh good, I can look forward to the laughter of all but your smallest cousins at the giant who can barely swim."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:49 pm

He watched her as she approached him his smile not really changing but his eyes were sharper more critical than they usually are, this was a lesson after all.

As she got near he rolled easily and moved toward her "They wouldn't dare, they know well enough that I'll have no problem tossing them into the river. I will always be by your side to protect you Su-chan, whether it be from horror or the taunting of little Otters." He said with a sincere but playful tone as he kissed her cheek.

"As for the swimming there are many different ways to swim. You are doing the most basic and natural. It is the instinctual way to stay afloat. We call it the wolf paddle as it is similar to the way wolves swim in the river, head above water limbs moving you forward. It is sufficient for survival." He spoke with more clinical breakdown then usual but his tone in her presence was ever sunny.

"There are more efficient and fast ways to swim if you care to learn them." He finished with a smile.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:02 am

"As if I mind the laughter of children," she smiles happily at him. "If I cheer them with my clumsiness, I'll be glad to hear it." She adjusts, treading as close to still as she can to listen, nodding along with his explanation."

"Of course, the whole point is to learn something, no? At least, I didn't think you _only_ brought me down here to sigh upon the grass." She bobs a bit closer bringing her hands to his shoulders briefly to allow the stability to brush a kiss along his lips, slightly surprised at just how stable the Otter was in the water.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:51 am

"You say that now but they can be pretty annoying when they get down to it." he said chuckling but his smile was somehow warmer than it had been before, at every turn her kindness and light hearted soul brings his heart more happiness and its reflected in his eyes as he looks at her.

The warmth was seen in his eyes but it was felt on his lips when she kissed him, brief as it was it was enough to feel that. His powerful legs did in fact make him feel quite solid even with nothing beneath him but water. He smiled to her as the parted "Alright well watch my form here." he said as he moved a little away from her.

He went on his front and did a simple stroke, one arm going up and in front before vanishing beneath the surface as the other arm repeated the motion. He did this a a little away from her before flipping and doing the same back toward her. "That is the motion. See if you can do that then we'll focus on what your head does so you can breath while you swim."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:17 am

"You forget I have a half dozen younger siblings, neh? I don't think the Otter train their kids to be especially annoying, do they?" She drifts apart a bit, treading water and happy to follow his instructions and watch his form. Admittedly, he was halfway back to her before she actually focused on what he was _doing_ such that she might try and repeat it. "hmmm, as tempting as it is to say I didn't catch that, I"m a lousy liar," she says with very obvious appreciation of the view.

"More of a stretch and paddle then?" she says, stretching out to try it, still attempting to keep her head up as she does. There's nothing like his grace to the maneuver, a lot of splashing and that easy reach and swoop feels so much more awkward than it looked. After a short journey, she pauses and turns...again, nothing so graceful as the Otter's easy flip...laughing and pausing to blow water from her nose.

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:33 am

"Perhaps we do" he said grinning "so guest will pay extra for the child free boat." There was a short laugh that indicated he was joking. Probably.

As she went he watched and nodded with a pleased expression "Well for paying attention to the wrong things you did alright." He waved her closer "come here you have the basic movement down now I teach you how to handle your head so you can breath. So every four strokes or so so you want to turn your head to the left while you stroke with your right arm and breath. The timing takes some work but once you get it you can swim far longer. Let me show you."

This time he just bent over at the waist in front of her and started making the arm motion and every fourth stroke his head tilted up to the left and he drew breath before going face down again. He did it a few times before standing again "ok now you practice, I'll hold you so I can give you a cue." He said placing his hands around her waist. When she started everytime she reached it he would tilt her a little to signal her.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:29 am

"Hey...I might not've paid attention to the things you told me to...but they weren't the *wrong* things."

She does try to seriously focus on the training. But... his hands are around her, and she's 'swimming' without going anywhere, and focusing on counting is getting water up her nose as she forgets to pay any attention there, and after the third time mistiming things and spitting out a mouthful of water, she turns to curl around him, giggling helplessly

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:40 am

Hey chuckled lightly with her holding her as she curled into him "That can be enough learning for today then sweet one." He said happily as he held her in the water. The stream moving around them slowly sun shining down and glinting off the water and catching in the droplets in his hair as he looked down in her.

He smiled at her "you know more than you did and that's enough for me. Maybe one day when you visit my family we'll see how much you remember." He grinned before kissing her nose playfully.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:23 pm

"Perhaps there'll be another sunny day to practice," she kisses his chin in response. The day is perfect, warm sun and cool water, curled happily in the arms of the man she loves.

"Never going to match how amazing you are in the water though, love. I could honestly just sit and watch you and forget everything else exists for a bit. Going to be quite something watching that among the rest of your family" Shifting to a more vertical position, she rests against him, feeling a comfort that she hasn't found in quite some time. Here, entirely in his element, there's a sense of peace and being able to rely on another's strength for a moment. "At least I'll manage when someone shoves me into the river for fun, neh?"

Description