[D6, EN, Open?] Thoughts in the Rain

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Seppun Unsei

Re: [D6, EN, Open?] Thoughts in the Rain

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:18 pm

As the yari was brought closer, Unsei watched it carefully before pulling their attention away from it when Moshu offered out his arm. After a moment, they took it and laid their arm on top of his. Truthfully, they didn't quite know what to do with it, since this was bordering mighty closely to potential romantic things, but they tried.

"Ah... Kitsu-san... I know this is a bit odd coming from me, but I don't think I'm quite in the right mood for compliments currently. Was doing a good deal of self-pitying earlier and I'm still on that a bit." They admitted, not really finding any need to lie. "Let's talk about something else. Have you written anything more recently? Any of your books for anyone here? If that's not a bad topic, of course."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:45 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:18 pm
"Ah... Kitsu-san... I know this is a bit odd coming from me, but I don't think I'm quite in the right mood for compliments currently. Was doing a good deal of self-pitying earlier and I'm still on that a bit." They admitted, not really finding any need to lie.
"Ah... alright."

He felt it was the wrong response. He wanted to inquire - desperately he did - but he didn't know how to do it without causing anger yet. So for now, he just complied.
Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:18 pm
"Let's talk about something else. Have you written anything more recently? Any of your books for anyone here? If that's not a bad topic, of course."
"With due respect, Seppun-sama, I write obituaries. No one has died here thus far, thankfully, so my services have not been required. Unless there was a different kind of book you're referring to?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:55 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:45 pm
"With due respect, Seppun-sama, I write obituaries. No one has died here thus far, thankfully, so my services have not been required. Unless there was a different kind of book you're referring to?"
"That's... fair. And it was those that I was speaking on. I don't know why I thought that maybe you were writing one for some relative of Shika Renji-sama's as a gift or something. They do seem like somber, but thoughtful gifts. Sorry. I really don't know where I got that idea." It was a somber topic, so Unsei shifted it yet again. "What's your favorite flower? Ooor your favorite animal?"
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:33 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:55 pm
"That's... fair. And it was those that I was speaking on. I don't know why I thought that maybe you were writing one for some relative of Shika Renji-sama's as a gift or something."

"I did, actually - just a few months before this miai. He was Shika Soboku, a warrior in the Imperial legions who died in the line of duty. Katsuteru-sama and I bonded a lot over that time."

Nevertheless, he let the Seppun continue.
Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:55 pm
They do seem like somber, but thoughtful gifts. Sorry. I really don't know where I got that idea." It was a somber topic, so Unsei shifted it yet again. "What's your favorite flower? Ooor your favorite animal?"
"Flower? Animal?"

The Kitsu was a bit surprised by the line of conversation, but went along with it nontheless.

"...Well, call me old fashioned, but my favourite flower is probably the the classic cherry blossom. As for my favourite animal..."

He was tempted to say the Gremlin, but that might have gotten in him more than a bit of bother.

"I've always been fond of the Raven. Then again, I think it's more the tale of the raven than the raven itself, so to speak."

He looked down at his compatriot with a smile.

"What about you? I know we've not been seeing them while we've been here - a fact I'm infinitely fond of - but do you have a favourite play? Do you have a poet you like the works of?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:05 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:33 pm
"I did, actually - just a few months before this miai. He was Shika Soboku, a warrior in the Imperial legions who died in the line of duty. Katsuteru-sama and I bonded a lot over that time."
Unsei listened and nodded along before finally realizing something. "Damn. That's right. I'm sorry, you had told me that you had been here before on duty. I had forgotten. Just been so caught up in other things, like your smile, that it slipped my mind."
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
"...Well, call me old fashioned, but my favourite flower is probably the the classic cherry blossom. As for my favourite animal..."
"There's a reason it's a classic. It's a gorgeous flower that smells as sweet as sin, but then again you'd be hard pressed to find an ugly flower." As they spoke, they slowly leaned against his arm. Gently laying against him, though they still weren't completely relaxed yet.
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
"What about you? I know we've not been seeing them while we've been here - a fact I'm infinitely fond of - but do you have a favourite play? Do you have a poet you like the works of?"
"Ano... I'm... how to put it? Very much like your stereotypical Crab. I don't have any favorite plays or poets because I just... don't know any. When a trope came to town, I'd usually skip it or find it so uninteresting that I fell asleep. Poetry is..." They trailed off, not wanting to insult the Kitsu. "Beautiful, but I don't tend to read it enough in my spare time to really find a poet that I like... Unless I can get away with saying that you're my favorite poet?" They looked up at him and smiled innocently, though the Kitsu knew they were very far from innocent at this point. "The haiku you wrote is a rather treasured thing for me now."
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
"I've always been fond of the Raven. Then again, I think it's more the tale of the raven than the raven itself, so to speak."
Then they backtracked some. "Do you mind telling me the tale of the raven? I haven't heard it in so long that I think I've forgotten most of it."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:53 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:05 pm
Unsei listened and nodded along before finally realizing something. "Damn. That's right. I'm sorry, you had told me that you had been here before on duty. I had forgotten. Just been so caught up in other things, like your smile, that it slipped my mind."
The Kitsu frowned - not in disappointment, but in concern.

"It sounds like you're going through a lot. I know that you said that you don't want to talk about it, but..."

He gave her hand a reassuring squeeze.

"I want you to know that I'm here for you, okay? Se-"

Did he dare?

Did he dare?

"Unsei...chan? Even if it's just talking like this, about sweet nothings with a sweet something, if it helps you that's fine."
Seppun Unsei wrote:
"There's a reason it's a classic. It's a gorgeous flower that smells as sweet as sin, but then again you'd be hard pressed to find an ugly flower." As they spoke, they slowly leaned against his arm. Gently laying against him, though they still weren't completely relaxed yet.
The Kitsu smiled as the Seppun drew closer. He almost wanted to pick her up, swing her around, cradle her and-
Seppun Unsei wrote:
"Ano... I'm... how to put it? Very much like your stereotypical Crab. I don't have any favorite plays or poets because I just... don't know any. When a trope came to town, I'd usually skip it or find it so uninteresting that I fell asleep. Poetry is..." They trailed off, not wanting to insult the Kitsu. "Beautiful, but I don't tend to read it enough in my spare time to really find a poet that I like... Unless I can get away with saying that you're my favorite poet?"
This got a chuckle from the Kitsu.
"It would have been a better answer than mine, so by all means. I'm glad I impress."
Seppun Unsei wrote:
They looked up at him and smiled innocently, though the Kitsu knew they were very far from innocent at this point. "The haiku you wrote is a rather treasured thing for me now."
That... softened the Kitsu.

"Thank you. I only hope this doesn't mean I can't write you more poetry - I'd hate to be only known for one good read."
Seppun Unsei wrote:
Then they backtracked some. "Do you mind telling me the tale of the raven? I haven't heard it in so long that I think I've forgotten most of it."
The Kitsu thought for a moment, and then shook his head.

"Forgive me - I don't fully recall it right now. The gist is that Shinsei required a scout, and so the Raven offered itself. Once it returned, its feathers were as black as the Crows."

He decided to give Unsei a quick peck on the cheek.
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:43 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:53 pm
"Unsei...chan? Even if it's just talking like this, about sweet nothings with a sweet something, if it helps you that's fine."
That caught them off guard a bit and caused them to blink in surprise, but they didn't pull away. Instead, they moved closer to him and smiled. "You're definitely sweet, but better than just some random something in my opinion."
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:53 pm
"Thank you. I only hope this doesn't mean I can't write you more poetry - I'd hate to be only known for one good read."
"You can make more, but please don't expect any in return from me unless you want it to be garbage." They chuckled slightly, a bit awkwardly. "But, I can shower you in gifts in exchange. I just... can't really create anything. My focus is on more scholarly things and my parents never really let me dabble in the arts because they thought it was a waste."

"Also! You do impress. You impress very much, dear..." They hesitated a bit, unsure of how far to go with all of this, but then went for it anyway. "Moshu-kun."

Though, like always, they melted after the little kiss and then returned with one of their own.

"But, how as your day gone? I know I asked you earlier, but I suppose I'll ask again since some time has passed." Then they seemed to get an idea. "Wait, on the haiku talk... could you... maybe teach me how to write good ones? Is there some sort of method to it?"

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:04 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:43 pm
That caught them off guard a bit and caused them to blink in surprise, but they didn't pull away. Instead, they moved closer to him and smiled. "You're definitely sweet, but better than just some random something in my opinion."
The Kitsu smile only grew wider.
Seppun Unsei wrote:
"You can make more, but please don't expect any in return from me unless you want it to be garbage." They chuckled slightly, a bit awkwardly. "But, I can shower you in gifts in exchange. I just... can't really create anything."
"Well, you can make, I know that much."

A kiss.

"You make me so happy I can't even describe it."

He honestly couldn't - it was a problem.
Seppun Unsei wrote:
"Also! You do impress. You impress very much, dear..." They hesitated a bit, unsure of how far to go with all of this, but then went for it anyway. "Moshu-kun."
The Kitsu turns and cover his mouth, if only to hide how wide his smile has become. Once it was down to a... more manageable level, he couldn't help but keep his grin.
Seppun Unsei wrote:
"But, how as your day gone? I know I asked you earlier, but I suppose I'll ask again since some time has passed." Then they seemed to get an idea. "Wait, on the haiku talk... could you... maybe teach me how to write good ones? Is there some sort of method to it?"
"Of course. There is method to all things, but the main point is expressing what's in your heart. Speaking of, are you okay with, well... this? Us?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:29 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:04 pm
"Well, you can make, I know that much."

A kiss.

"You make me so happy I can't even describe it."

He honestly couldn't - it was a problem.
A blush blossomed to life across their cheeks. It was sweet, but they weren't really sure how to answer in turn. This was something that they didn't quite have a lot of experience in and it showed. They were at a loss for words, but they leaned up and kissed his cheek sweetly. "And you make me happy, too. It's always nice getting to talk with you."

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:04 pm
"Of course. There is method to all things, but the main point is expressing what's in your heart. Speaking of, are you okay with, well... this? Us?"
They seemed to ponder on that question for a moment, but then nodded. "I am, but... I should let you know that I am cursed by Benten-no-kami. Anything romantic that I do... tends to not go well."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:33 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:29 pm
They seemed to ponder on that question for a moment, but then nodded. "I am, but... I should let you know that I am cursed by Benten-no-kami. Anything romantic that I do... tends to not go well."
"I... have my own confession to make, but it might ruin the moment. In the meantime, if Benten has cursed you then maybe... we can... y'know... bypass..."

As he struggled to finish articulating his thought.

"Well, maybe Musubi-no-kami... and maybe Ebisu-no-kami... hmmm...."

More of a struggle, until finally...

"I'm asking you to marry me!" He finally got out, after a long struggle, perhaps a little louder than he had intended.
PM if thread desired