[D6, EN, Open?] Thoughts in the Rain

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Seppun Unsei

[D6, EN, Open?] Thoughts in the Rain

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:38 am

Unsei just needed to get away from it all for a moment or ten. With quick, yet sure steps, Unsei found themselves headed out of the walls and into the forest, not bothered by the rain. The damned rain that the rumors had laughed at them for being concerned about. As Unsei faded away into their thoughts, their feet took them through the forest and eventually to a surprisingly idyllic area. A small, or at least previously small stream before the days of rainfall, which had a few larger-sized rocks around. Not wanting to sit on soggy ground, Unsei climbed on top of the wet rock and sat down.

Even though it was so late out, being inside the walls of the Kyuden felt restrictive. Stifling. By no means was Unsei claustrophobic, but tonight the shugenja felt trapped. Yet, deep down they knew that wasn't the case. They weren't some bushi out of their element, feeling stuck in a world they didn't know. Unsei knew court decently well, having grown up in such things, but this was a different issue and beast all together.

Truly, Unsei felt weak. They felt as if their powers, their gifts, were failing them. Telling the future and fortunes, such things that used to give them such comfort, now left them feeling hollow and useless. Their morning routine to ask the stars about the future of the day, left them with barely anything useful of late. A shugenja who has never been without guidance was now going through life blind, just like everyone else.

And then the Moth.

Anger, as hot as liquid metal, coursed through their veins as they thought back to the display that the Moth had put on.

Why is she seeing me in dreams when yet I cannot see my own future? If I cannot even see that, then am I truly fit to join the Guard?

The words danced through their head, replaying over and over again as they looked up at the sky. The nightless, rainy sky that had been hiding the stars from them for days now.

That is, assuming she is even telling the truth.

From the back of their mind came a small voice, one usually that only spurred on Unsei's bad ideas.

I know how to make sure... I know how to know if she's telling the truth. All I have to do is ask her...

"No." They said out loud, firmly, shaking the troublesome voice out of their head. "Can't believe I would even think of that. I am not my uncle."

But I am his protege...

Unsei shook their head once more, trying to focus on the topic at hand. "It is foolish to believe that everyone is lying, especially when they have given no indication of being a liar. Yet, the stars have given me no indication of my future. At least, not in any good form. Whatever. It's probably just the clouds."

Yeah, keep telling yourself that, Unsei. You know damn well you can get a reading even when the stars are covered... Am I losing my touch?

"Maybe... Maybe I should ask Uncle? Probably not though. What if somebody found out? Besides, the Astrologer school is good enough." They murmured to themselves. "It's probably just the Fortunes telling me I'm fucking stupid for coming to this miai knowing damn well that Benten-no-kami has it out for my ass. Yeah... that's probably it. Stop being a dramatic bitch. Just deal with being shit during the miai and go back to your duty. Besides, the rumor today also called you cute. So you're a cute dramatic bitch, bitch."

Try as Unsei might to talk themself up, it didn't quite work and they knew it. Still, they enjoyed their time out here on the rock and pulled their gemstones out of their pocket. If the clouds were going to hide their precious stars from them, they would recreate them here. So they did. Unsei arranged the gemstones in the closest thing to an accurate representation of the sky as they could, like a child wishing desperately for their best friend to return.

(If anybody wants to join, they can! This was mostly me just tryina work through Unsei's mindset right now though, which is why I did it during EN so I wouldn't take up a slot for someone else wanting to meet up for, ah, stuff during le.)
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: [D6, EN, Open?] Thoughts in the Rain

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:44 am

The sound of the rain meant the Kitsu couldn't hear what was being said, but he would recognize the Seppun from just about anywhere.

Making his way through the rain with his oversized parasoul and... yari, for some reason? He made his presence known to the Imperial and kept a respectful distance, not disturbing or seeing their work.

"I'm back - I think that's the last of the guests safe and sound from their little drinking contest. I thought you'd be back in your room - is everything alright?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:10 am

"Mother fucker!" They yelped at the suddenness of a voice that wasn't theirs piecing through the rain, jumping simultaneously in surprise.

Unsei was... a shugenja. One not explicitly trained in war, only trained in how to view what was likely to happen. As such, when Moshumaru's voice spoke up out of nowhere, Unsei was rightfully spooked, but it soon shifted from surprise to fear as their heart continued to race through their chest.

Does he know? Did he hear me? Oh stars... he knows. He's got to. I got careless and now it's over.

"U-Uh..." Their voice was little more than a croak now. "What a-are-" They tried to clear their throat in an attempt to pass it off as a voice crack. "-you doing out here?"

-----
xD ticking off Unsei's anxiety. +3 strife and +1 void point.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:23 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:10 am
"U-Uh..." Their voice was little more than a croak now. "What a-are-" They tried to clear their throat in an attempt to pass it off as a voice crack. "-you doing out here?"
"...Like I said, I finished helping at the improvised drinking contest so I came back to you, found you weren't in your room and found you here by chance. Is there a reason you're out here? Is it alright if I come closer?"

The Kitsu sounded concerned, but cautious. That yelp from earlier couldn't have come from nothing, after all.
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:32 am

"Oh, of course. I'm just out here trying to clear my head. Well, more trying to think over some things. Sorry. Just... Startled me a bit. Wasn't... expecting someone else to be out here." Then they seemed to realize something. "Wait, you headed over to my room?" They paused a moment, but then tried to clarify. "Not that that's bad or unwelcome! Just... I hadn't expected that."

Though they tried to brush it off, it was clear they were still more than a bit panicked and their eyes often flicked over to the yari he carried.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:40 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:32 am
Though they tried to brush it off, it was clear they were still more than a bit panicked and their eyes often flicked over to the yari he carried.
As he approached, the Kitsu followed her gaze to his yari. Realizing part of the panic might have been his fault, he exposed it to the moonlight.

"Oh, this?"

He deftly spun it back into position at his side as he approached.

"Some spirits have been going around breaking into rooms - stole some of my cousin's clothes. I don't know much about spirits, but I know if there's anything else unscrupulous lurking around I don't want to give it the impression it's got long to live."

Catching his wording, he gave a bow to the Seppun. "It appears I scared you instead, Seppun-sama; please, let me apologize."
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:48 am

They shook their head. "No.. No.. You've nothing to apologize for, Kitsu-san. Sorry. I'm just..." They furrowed their brows, looking down at the ground. After a moment to gain their composure as best they could, they then looked over to Moshumaru and smiled like nothing was the matter.

"Spirits going around breaking into rooms?"

And yet another fucking thing you couldn't see, you pathetic waste of an astr-

"I hope that it's something non-violent. Stealing clothes, while annoying, isn't inherently dangerous and sometimes the spirits do not know better. Could simply be a playful trickster spirit."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:51 am

The Kitsu shrugged, offering room for the Seppun under his large parasol.

"I've heard nothing of it since this morning, so you're probably right. But uh, are you sure you're okay? Anything I can help with at all, even if it's just listening to your problems?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:07 am

"Oh, hai, I'm fine. Just had to think for a bit on a few things is all. Nothing that I would wish to dump on you or anyone else not being paid for it." That's what geisha were for and Unsei would employ them well to listen to them complain. "Um. So. How are you?"

They seemed cozy on their rock, but they did pick up their gemstones and move over a little, offering Moshumaru a place to sit if he wanted.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:43 am

The Mourner gladly took the seat offered to him, planting the parasol behind them, propping it up with the spear and offering his other arm for the smaller Seppun to take.

"Well, I'm much better knowing that you are alright. If you've got a moment, can I thank you again for the reading you did for me when we first sat down together? Everything seems to have been going my way ever since then and I feel a lot of it is down to me choosing to believe in myself. I don't think I - we would have had anything like what we have if I didn't have the confidence to just ... go for it, you know?"
PM if thread desired