[D6LA] Country ride (Expecting)

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Saibankan

Re: [D6LA] Country ride (Expecting)

Post by Saibankan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:02 pm

Ame-kun considered that.

"Hey Moto-sama, do you see that tree that's been split by lightning?" they asked pointing down the road at a tree that wasn't visible to even the keenest eyed Moto.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:08 pm

"Uh, no. But if you say it's there I believe you."

Mitsuki was suddenly wondering if the bright sun of the Burning Sands hadn't prematurely aged her eyes, since she was apparently unable to distinguish any target clearly on that day.

"I guess you want me to ride to it and to wait for you two there?"
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:50 am

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:08 pm

Mitsuki was suddenly wondering if the bright sun of the Burning Sands hadn't prematurely aged her eyes, since she was apparently unable to distinguish any target clearly on that day.

Saibankan wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:02 pm
Ame-kun considered that.

"Hey Moto-sama, do you see that tree that's been split by lightning?" they asked pointing down the road at a tree that wasn't visible to even the keenest eyed Moto.
The Sparrow looked at the Moto, then at the kid. "I guess that could work! Shall we do it like that, then, Ame-kun?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:56 am

Ame-kun nodded.

"Reasy when you are Suzume-sama." Ame-kun agreed.

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:37 am

Saibankan wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:56 am
Ame-kun nodded.

"Reasy when you are Suzume-sama." Ame-kun agreed.
The Suzume nodded as well, smiling. "Moto-sama, we'll be there soon!", he says, then waits for the woman to ride to... wherever the boy suggested, or whatever she makes of that, and gets ready to start running.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:40 am

"3 2 1 Go!" Ame-kun cried taking off! he was a fast little kid, that's for sure.

Meanwhile the Moto found the aforementioned tree, it was a good ways down the road, but after a turn it was visible.

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:40 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:40 am
"3 2 1 Go!" Ame-kun cried taking off! he was a fast little kid, that's for sure.

Meanwhile the Moto found the aforementioned tree, it was a good ways down the road, but after a turn it was visible.
At the 'go!', the Sparrow bolted forward, doing his best - but at the same time trying to keep some control of his energy, especially as he didn't know exactly how far the aforementioned tree was (i.e. Earth approach :D )

Now would that be enough to keep up with the odd kid?

OOC:
Sorry for the looong delay, RL bit me in the behind these last few days :(

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:50 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:40 pm

At the 'go!', the Sparrow bolted forward, doing his best - but at the same time trying to keep some control of his energy, especially as he didn't know exactly how far the aforementioned tree was (i.e. Earth approach :D )

Now would that be enough to keep up with the odd kid?

OOC:
Sorry for the looong delay, RL bit me in the behind these last few days :(
Maybe it was because Sparrow were not known for their speed, maybe he just liked letting a kid win, but he did lose sight of the kid during the race.

However, when he reached the Unicorn and the tree, there was no sign of Ame-kun.

Nor had the Moto seen Ame-kun arrive.

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:57 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:08 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:50 pm
Maybe it was because Sparrow were not known for their speed, maybe he just liked letting a kid win, but he did lose sight of the kid during the race.

However, when he reached the Unicorn and the tree, there was no sign of Ame-kun.

Nor had the Moto seen Ame-kun arrive.
When the Sparrow sees the Moto alone with the horses, he looks around for any signs of the boy - finding none, he turns to Mitsuki. "That kid sure is fast! Moto-sama... did he get here and leave already, then?", he says, still panting.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:10 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:57 pm
When the Sparrow sees the Moto alone with the horses, he looks around for any signs of the boy - finding none, he turns to Mitsuki. "That kid sure is fast! Moto-sama... did he get here and leave already, then?", he says, still panting.
"You're the first person to arrive here Suzume-san. Ame must be behind you. Maybe they hid in a bush as soon as they were out of sigh for some prank?

Jump back on Puddlehoof, we should have no issue finding them if we retrace our steps."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck