[D6LA] Country ride (Expecting)

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Saibankan

Re: [D6LA] Country ride (Expecting)

Post by Saibankan » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:49 am

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:25 pm
"Hey. My own dad cannot knock down trees and carry me at the same time, but far to the west and the south, people ride animals that can. They're like horses, but way bigger, with enormous ears, pointy tusks like a boar and a very long nose like an anteater. We know them under the name elephant.

Sadly, you'll have to go to the other side of the desert if you wish to see one in the flesh. But speaking of things that we cannot see, where is your dad right now Ame-kun?"
Ame-kun made a face at that.

"Pff. No one can cross the desert. You'll run out of water, and dry up into dust!" Ame-kun seemed confident in that. Elephants wer apparently in the realm of possibility, but crossing the desert? That had to be impossible.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:16 am

"This is indeed true. No one can cross the desert... on their own. That's actually one of the oldest idioms of the Moto people, and age has not made it any less true.

A group of persons and beasts, each compensating for the other weakness, however can. A guide to lead you from one water place to the next. Good mounts to carry you from one to the other before running out of water."

She flattered her horse's head while saying that. Avel answered with a cocky look the like of did you expect me to do any less?.

"Exactly enough people and horses to share the equipment ideally between them, so that everyone travels as light as possible. A good cook to keep everyone at top form with a limited supply of ingredients.

And of course a storyteller to keep everyone's morale up.

If you've got all that... Then you can cross the desert."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:01 pm

The Suzume kept looking at them both - on the one hand, the Moto clearly knew quite a bit about... well, many things he did not. That, in itself, made her rather interesting. Perhaps somewhat... scary? She made him unsure, now and then. He wasn't sure why. But she was certainly interesting.

On the other hand, the kid... they seemed to be avoiding answering about his dad?

For now, a smile kept adorning his face. When Mitsuki's tale was over, though, he addressed Ame-kun again.

"Oi, Ame-kun... maybe you'll be able to cross the desert too one day? ", he said with a smile and a nod towards the Moto. "Although... I guess it's the sea you're most used to, then? Would you share a story of your travels with us? Maybe how you came here?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:56 pm

Ame-kun frowned at the Sparrow.

"Um....I'm not very good at stories, Suzume-sama." they said, looking somewhat deject over that....but then brightening as children often though.

"Oh! But how about a foot race? I know I can outrun Suzume-sama!"

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:43 am

Saibankan wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:56 pm
Ame-kun frowned at the Sparrow.

"Um....I'm not very good at stories, Suzume-sama." they said, looking somewhat deject over that....but then brightening as children often though.

"Oh! But how about a foot race? I know I can outrun Suzume-sama!"
The Suzume actually looked a bit surprised at the child's sad face, widening his smile somewhat in an attempt to cheer him up - and then raises an eyebrow at their suggestion.

"Oh, a foot race?"

He looked at Mitsuki, then at Puddlehoof, and ran a hand over the pony's mane for a while. "That sounds fun! But then, who would care for our animals?"

Another look at Mitsuki, then at the child. "Where would we race to? And... is there a prize?", he adds with a bit of a grin.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:16 am

Ame-kun nods at the Moto.

"She could hold the horses. As for a prize, just being a winner is the prize!" Ame-kun exclaims

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:24 am

Mitsuki answered, amused:

"Sure, I'll hold the horses. Do your best, each of you."

She was pretty sure the horses didn't need someone to care for them for the few minutes this race was going to take, but she saw no reason not to let the kids have their fun.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:31 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:16 am
Ame-kun nods at the Moto.

"She could hold the horses. As for a prize, just being a winner is the prize!" Ame-kun exclaims
Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:24 am
Mitsuki answered, amused:

"Sure, I'll hold the horses. Do your best, each of you."

She was pretty sure the horses didn't need someone to care for them for the few minutes this race was going to take, but she saw no reason not to let the kids have their fun.
The Sparrow looks at Mitsuki with a slightly awkward smile, but soon nods gratefully. "Thanks, Moto-sama!", he said, dismounting slowly, but... relatively gracefully. He runs his hand through Puddlehoof's mane again and nods to the horse.

"Well, the race is a prize in itself, ne?", he says looking at the child. "As my dad often said for competitions", he adds with a grin. "Well... where to, then?", he asks, looking around for landmarks as he slowly walks closer to the kid.

OOC:
Any rolls here? XD

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:23 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:31 pm

OOC:
Any rolls here? XD
(No rolls, just narrative)

"Ummmm, let's run down the road until we can't see Moto-sama anymore. That should be good right?" Ame-kun suggested.

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:54 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:23 pm
(No rolls, just narrative)

"Ummmm, let's run down the road until we can't see Moto-sama anymore. That should be good right?" Ame-kun suggested.
"Um... that's a bit open, isn't it?" He looks ahead, mock concern on his face. At least it seems to be mock concern... "I'd usually like a clear point where we're running to! Can we find one, maybe?..." Still looking ahead, he tries to see if there's anything clear they could use as a guide.

Fully expecting the kid will want it their way one way or another, of course.

OOC:
(Ok! Should be fun :D )