[D6LA] Country ride (Expecting)

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Moto Mitsuki

Re: [D6LA] Country ride (Expecting)

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:27 pm

An amused voice carried by the wind will answer them:

"Well, a subset of the best forecasters in the region gathered yesterday to discuss that subject has concluded, after long and tenses discussions, that it will surely, certainly and definitely last for a while."

Though she did not dismount, Mitsuki had Avel approach slowly to not frighten the child, and kept speaking with a cheerful tone:

"As is apparently perfectly normal for the place and the season.

Hello little one. What are you doing all alone so deep in the woods?"
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:34 pm

The Suzume has a friendly - and possibly relieved - smile on his lips as he heard Mitsuki, then approached slowly with the mud-hoofed pony. He had been thinking of a verse to add to the child's, but decided to make himself known as well instead of playing along for now.

"Good afternoon Kodomo-chan", he said in a gentle voice. "It has been rather moist ... But apparently normally so, eh, Moto-sama!" Then turning to the kid again with an appropriate bow... Or what he could muster as one atop the pony. "I take it you come fro Kyuden Shika, little friend?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:51 pm

The child turned around and looked wide-eyed at the pair before offering a clumsy bow.

"Oh hi!" the child said.

"I'm just out enjoying the rain! Isn't it wonderful?" the child replied to the Unicorn.

He shook his head at the Sparrows inquiry.

"Oh no, I'm just visiting. It's a neat castle though isn't it? So pretty with the storm clouds over it!" for the Sparrow
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:12 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:51 pm
The child turned around and looked wide-eyed at the pair before offering a clumsy bow.

"Oh hi!" the child said.

"I'm just out enjoying the rain! Isn't it wonderful?" the child replied to the Unicorn.

He shook his head at the Sparrows inquiry.

"Oh no, I'm just visiting. It's a neat castle though isn't it? So pretty with the storm clouds over it!" for the Sparrow
"Ah! I see!", the Sparrow answered. It is pretty indeed! Although I must say I've hoping for a chance to see it under the soon too", he added with a gentle smile as he looks towards where the castle would be. "But then, friend, where are you visiting from, then?"

Probably the child of one of the visitors, he thought. Not one in the miai, most likely, but.. could be one of the others.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:19 pm

"From the Southeast!" the child answered somewhat oddly. "Have you ever been to the islands? So pretty in the rain. And the Thunder! So loud!"

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:37 am

Mitsuki looked at the child, then at the Sparrow:

"That's your cue Suzume-san I would say. I might have traveled through half the world on horseback, but I've never set foot on any boat bigger than a barge. The islands on all sides of the map are still a mystery to me."

She turned back her attention to the kid:

"Actually, did you come all the way from the sea on foot, by horse, by boat or in a cart or palanquin little one?

I'm working on a joke about how people travel, but I've yet to perfect it. Currently, it sounds like: The monk walks. The warrior rides. The merchant floats. Children and nobles are carried."
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:55 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:19 pm
"From the Southeast!" the child answered somewhat oddly. "Have you ever been to the islands? So pretty in the rain. And the Thunder! So loud!"
Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:37 am
Mitsuki looked at the child, then at the Sparrow:

"That's your cue Suzume-san I would say. I might have traveled through half the world on horseback, but I've never set foot on any boat bigger than a barge. The islands on all sides of the map are still a mystery to me."

She turned back her attention to the kid:

"Actually, did you come all the way from the sea on foot, by horse, by boat or in a cart or palanquin little one?

I'm working on a joke about how people travel, but I've yet to perfect it. Currently, it sounds like: The monk walks. The warrior rides. The merchant floats. Children and nobles are carried."
The Sparrow looked somewhat surprised, and he grins at Mitsuki's comment, but the kind smile he throws at the kid is a bit more serious. "Oh! Kodomo-chan means the Isles of Silk and Spice, then? So... you've come with one of the Mantis visitors, I assume?"

Bowing slightly to the kid, he adds. "Well, I suppose names might be in order. I'm Suzume Senseki, a visiting Sparrow. Nice to meet you, little one!"

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:10 pm

The child smiled at the pair of them.

"My Daddy carried me here! He's reaaaaaly strong! Strong enough to knock over trees!" they told the Unicorn.

He turned to the Sparrow.

"Oh! You can call me Ame-kun! Everyone does!" they introduced themselves.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:25 pm

"Hey. My own dad cannot knock down trees and carry me at the same time, but far to the west and the south, people ride animals that can. They're like horses, but way bigger, with enormous ears, pointy tusks like a boar and a very long nose like an anteater. We know them under the name elephant.

Sadly, you'll have to go to the other side of the desert if you wish to see one in the flesh. But speaking of things that we cannot see, where is your dad right now Ame-kun?"

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:01 pm

Ere - han - tsu?

Mitsuki certainly knew a fair number of stories herself!, the Sparrow thought as he looked at her with the corner of his eyes - although his nodding and smiling did its best to not make it clear that he was surprised by her words as well.

For now, he just waited for the boy's anwer... where - and who - the boy's was was indeed a pressing question.