[D6LA] Country ride (Expecting)

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Moto Mitsuki

[D6LA] Country ride (Expecting)

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:24 pm

Mitsuki was having a hard time keeping Avel in check. The horse, likely to release the tension induced by the rain and the deep forest, both elements he has yet to become familiar with in such quantity, had apparently decided to make a hell of the life of his little cousin. At every bump, every tight curve, every pretense the terrain offered him really, he had tried to "accidentally" knock over the poor pony doing their best to keep up with him.

Each time Mitsuki had managed to stop him dead in his tracks, but this little game was thinning down her patience.

"Everything's all right Suzume-san? Sorry for the inconvenience, Avel is simply unbearable today. I think he's jealous of your mount's chillness when he still looks at every raindrop and every bramble bush as if they were his mortal enemies."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Suzume Senseki

Re: [D6LA] Country ride (Expecting)

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:43 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:24 pm
Mitsuki was having a hard time keeping Avel in check. The horse, likely to release the tension induced by the rain and the deep forest, both elements he has yet to become familiar with in such quantity, had apparently decided to make a hell of the life of his little cousin. At every bump, every tight curve, every pretense the terrain offered him really, he had tried to "accidentally" knock over the poor pony doing their best to keep up with him.

Each time Mitsuki had managed to stop him dead in his tracks, but this little game was thinning down her patience.

"Everything's all right Suzume-san? Sorry for the inconvenience, Avel is simply unbearable today. I think he's jealous of your mount's chillness when he still looks at every raindrop and every bramble bush as if they were his mortal enemies."
The Suzume actually let out a silent chuckle at Mitsuki's comment. "Oh, it's alright, Moto-sama! Seems like Puddlehoof here is as patient as he's stable!", he says, holding the reins as he did his best to keep atop the pony. Keep as dry as reasonably possible, too... but that was much trickier. His wicker hat was little protection, and it looked as drenched as the soil by now.

He did keep looking ahead now and then again. "I keep wondering, though", he said in a lower voice. "I'd heard a beast here some days ago and was hoping to see it - or well, take a look at the fauna around - at some point. With this rain, though... wonder if we'll be able to spot anything at all!"

OOC:
Wondering here, is there a particular skill used for riding? :)
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:46 am

(Survival is the skill for riding)

A high pitched child's voice could be heard singing in the distance:

"Trickle, Trickle, Splash, Splash....
Tell me how long this rain will last.
The rain keeps droppin', there ain't no stoppin'.
Tell me how long this rain will last!"
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:00 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:43 pm

The Suzume actually let out a silent chuckle at Mitsuki's comment. "Oh, it's alright, Moto-sama! Seems like Puddlehoof here is as patient as he's stable!", he says, holding the reins as he did his best to keep atop the pony. Keep as dry as reasonably possible, too... but that was much trickier. His wicker hat was little protection, and it looked as drenched as the soil by now.

He did keep looking ahead now and then again. "I keep wondering, though", he said in a lower voice. "I'd heard a beast here some days ago and was hoping to see it - or well, take a look at the fauna around - at some point. With this rain, though... wonder if we'll be able to spot anything at all!"
"A beast? Of the lightweight or a heavyweight variety? Of the ruminating or howling kind?

While Avel is carrying my personal bow, it is still unstrung at the moment as I didn't expect to need it when I have a mount quick enough to escape any danger."

Mitsuki fondled her horse's head as she was flattering it.

"However, depending on if you're planning to meet with a bird with an unusual song or with an angry bear, I may have to want to double up on the cautiousness."
Saibankan wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:46 am

"Uh? What was that? Some Deer child playing in the woods?"
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:02 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:00 am
"A beast? Of the lightweight or a heavyweight variety? Of the ruminating or howling kind?

While Avel is carrying my personal bow, it is still unstrung at the moment as I didn't expect to need it when I have a mount quick enough to escape any danger."

Mitsuki fondled her horse's head as she was flattering it.

"However, depending on if you're planning to meet with a bird with an unusual song or with an angry bear, I may have to want to double up on the cautiousness."
"It sounded somewhat large... four hooves, I believe. But I couldn't look to make sure, as I've met Kitsuki-sama and got into a conversation with her soon after that", he says thoughtfully.

There was some focus on Conversation, there. If the Moto had met Inoshishi, she'd probably know why...

"I... don't think it was a bear, though? Although I couldn't be sure... at any rate, it might be worth keeping read..."
Saibankan wrote:

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
"Uh? What was that? Some Deer child playing in the woods?"
The Sparrow turned towards the voice before finishing his sentence. "Un. Might be?", he says, in a slightly lower voice as he slowed down poor Puddlehoof. He tried to focus on the sound. "Hm...", he let out unwittingly as he tried to identify from which side the sound was coming.

OOC:
Any checks needed to find out where it comes from?
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:12 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:02 pm

OOC:
Any checks needed to find out where it comes from?
(Nope! You can go right to it...if that's what you wanna do.)

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:23 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
snip
Saibankan wrote:
snip
"Shall we take a look, Moto-sama? It... might be just a child, after all", he says with a smile - but his voice still low suggests there might be at least some worry that may not be the case.

Bit too much time spent alongside the Kitsune, maybe?...

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:55 am

"Sure, why wouldn't we?"

Mitsuki and Avel led the way toward the voice, not worried the slightest, since there were so many mundane explanations for it.

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:47 pm

Saibankan wrote:
snip
Moto Mitsuki wrote:
"Sure, why wouldn't we?"

Mitsuki and Avel led the way toward the voice, not worried the slightest, since there were so many mundane explanations for it.
A slightly embarrassed smile from Senseki and he nods. "Eh.. of course! Let's go, then." - and off they went after the source of the voice...

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:15 pm

Am short ride through the the pair came across the source of the singing. It appeared to be a small child with long black hair and a wide straw playing in the puddles of the rain.

Busy with their play, the child did not notices the pair of samurai riding up near by.