[D6LA] Country ride (Expecting)

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Saibankan

Re: [D6LA] Country ride (Expecting)

Post by Saibankan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:49 pm

They backtrack as best they are able. But tracking in the rain through the mud is difficult at the best of times. Around the point that the Sparrow lost sight of Ame, they lose the trail, with no clear indication of where they could have gone.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:57 pm

Mitsuki seemed more amused by that turn of events than anything else:

"So, I guess we're at the point in the story where the storyteller stops speaking, letting the audience reach their own conclusion about whether the protagonists have met some kind of supernatural spirit or if they were just tricked by an especially clever kid."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:58 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:57 pm
Mitsuki seemed more amused by that turn of events than anything else:

"So, I guess we're at the point in the story where the storyteller stops speaking, letting the audience reach their own conclusion about whether the protagonists have met some kind of supernatural spirit or if they were just tricked by an especially clever kid."
The Suzume seems puzzled, but soon a grin comes over his face as well. "It certainly feels like that, ne? Moto-sama", he says, following the words with a bit of a chuckle. "If you were in the audience... what would your conclusion be? About the boy... and the father, I guess?", he says, looking around again, but deep down knowing they won't find anything.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:51 pm

"Inconclusive. I've gone through similar experiences in the desert, but each time fatigue, the sun, dehydration, mirages, could be called upon to explain it. Without any way to know the truth of the matter, I've simply decided to not care about it.

However, regardless of the realms these encounters were from, they often gave me good advice, of the kind that saved my life a few times. So probably a good idea to remember what Ame told us in a corner of our brains.

Asking the local monks if they've heard of a kid named Ame in the forest might help flesh out the story too. One way or the other."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:13 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:51 pm
"Inconclusive. I've gone through similar experiences in the desert, but each time fatigue, the sun, dehydration, mirages, could be called upon to explain it. Without any way to know the truth of the matter, I've simply decided to not care about it.

However, regardless of the realms these encounters were from, they often gave me good advice, of the kind that saved my life a few times. So probably a good idea to remember what Ame told us in a corner of our brains.

Asking the local monks if they've heard of a kid named Ame in the forest might help flesh out the story too. One way or the other."
He nods at her, a smile still on his lips. "Well... yeah, asking the monks may be a good idea. And this is not a meeting I'll forget easily... both of us, I guess, ne?"

Then, getting atop Puddlehoof again. "But then... well, for now I suppose we could enjoy the rest of our ride?"

(/scene? - sorry for the long delays here -_-')
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.