(D6, LM) I Otter Run More

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Kitsu Murato

(D6, LM) I Otter Run More

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:28 am

Murato stood outside the gates at the edge of the forest, prepared for a bit of exercise in the rain... he knew that this was going to hurt in so many ways. He could practically feel the roots and taste the mud from tripping already. But you don't improve if you don't practice.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Susaki Tanabe

Re: (D6, LM) I Otter Run More

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:48 am

Tanabe showed up outside the gates waving to Murato "Osu! Kitsu-sama! Its a wonderful day to train neh?" he says with a wide smile. Tanabe had elected to wear only a well worn hakama for the exercise he appeared bare chested and bare footed. His physique every bit as large as his height had promised. His muscles were large but with just enough fat to soften their edges so only larger muscle groups were define when he wasn't flexing.

He had gotten more than one strange look as he wandered from the inn toward the gates but no one said much of anything, at least that he could hear.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:40 am

Mura had a hakama and top, but with the rain he may as well be bare chested. It stuck to him like a second skin. He was not as physically impressive...

"It is certainly a wonderful day to be challenged. Just remember, I have very pretty teeth and roots stick out of the ground around here. I'm not trying to plant a dental tree," he jokes with a wide smile. "But I am ready to go."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:38 am

"That's the spirit! Everyday is a good day to be challenged friend!" Tananbe replied

He gave the Kitsu a somewhat mischievous grin "and besides I'm sure pretty teeth like yours will make a wonderful dental tree." he said as he loosened up his legs a little "Just follow my lead and make sure you pick up your feet and you'll be fine Kitsu-sama." he said as he bounced a little and took off at a reasonable and steady pace pounding through the wet earth.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:27 am

Mura nodded, beginning to warm up a bit himself, doing a few seconds of jogging in place, lifting his knees, and hopping softly to get the joints loosened up.

"I will certainly do my best. Tanabe-san," he says, not really consciously realizing he'd used his given name. He just apparently felt comfortable around the Otter.

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:20 am

The pair took off through the rain Tanabe keeping a slow but steady pace mostly sticking to the trails though those were mostly mud at this point with all the rain. Each footfall bringing up a splash of mud and water leaving behind large prints "Ah the rain makes the run a little nicer eh? Keeps ya cool while you move." he said. At this pace keeping conversation was easy enough.

"So" he said as he kept striding "How have you been Kitsu-sama? I saw you did pretty well at the archery, must be feeling pretty good about that."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:14 am

"I feel pretty good, but even better considering some of the people that did better than me were a Kaito, who are famously skilled in archery, and a Matsu. Put me in pretty good company by my estimation."

The pace was maintained easily for now. He'd likely be sucking wind eventually, but at the very least he has gotten quite a bit better at physical activity recently.

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:14 pm

"That is indeed good company to have, that Matsu has been pretty good at everything so far I don't watch the other competitors closely but easy to see the same names at the top of the board." He said as they moved through the woods.

"Though I can't for the life of me figure out how any of this helps them pair us. Like is it people that do well at the same things? People that do well at different things? The Deer have mysterious ways that's for sure."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:25 pm

"If I had to guess... they're likely combining the results of the tests with other observations through the village. There are spots where it would be easy to hide within the gardens. They probably observe from in there."

Keeping pace is not so bad.

"Maybe the true purpose for the tests isn't for them but for us to see each other in and out of our comfort zones. I don't know how things will all pan out, but I certainly trust them to do what is best. They've shown nothing but hospitality and given plenty of opportunity for people to display their talents."

----

D6 EM, Agenda Susaki Tanabe, Courtesy [Water] | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image
Success

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:59 am

Tanabe frowns a little but nods "Well I guess I must trust in them then, a clan with their reputation can't get it wrong often i'd imagine."

his frown continued for a bit but it seemed more from thought than displeasure "Yeah now that you mention it I've noticed stuff like that at the garden, well didn't notice it notice it but now that you've pointed it out, thinking about itI see what you mean. Definitely places to sit out of the way and observe everyone." his stride broke slightly by some debris on the path and he leaped over it landing back in his rhythm.