(D5, EE) Deer Hunting

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Saibankan

Re: (D5, EE) Deer Hunting

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:23 pm

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:49 pm
Mitsu notices that the Deer didn't say what happened to the original painting, but the rest seems to check out.
Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:50 pm
Koi feels his story definitely checks out and notes a small bit of sap from the same petals on the underside of the Deer's cloak when he adjusts it.

"Aww, thank you for noticing, Kaikoga-san." Muneyoki says, pleased at the perceived praise. "Buncho-san and I have played pranks on each other since we were little kids you know. With him finally getting married and all, we probably won't have a chance to do this to each other anymore, so I really put my all into the effort. Although I wonder if it was enough. If you are all out here, do you think Buncho-san figured it out?"
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:38 pm

Koi glanced at the Deer and nodding as pieces of information fell into place, and she noticed that sap hidden under his cloak a fine piece of evidence even if he was doing it as a prank.

She looked up as the rain hit her face, and a shiver began to creep into her as she allowed the actress in her creep out. "I-It was p-pretty close. Your b-brushstrokes gave you a-away." She said, flusting as perhaps her feminine form might be more noticable as she squeezed her arms together against her chest trying to get warm.

"S-shika-san might I u-use your cloak." She shivered. "I am soaked from coming to f-find you."

D5 EE. I want your cloak! Performance/Fire. Distinction. | TN: 3 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1

1Opportunity symbol used to be more convincing.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:35 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:38 pm
Koi glanced at the Deer and nodding as pieces of information fell into place, and she noticed that sap hidden under his cloak a fine piece of evidence even if he was doing it as a prank.

She looked up as the rain hit her face, and a shiver began to creep into her as she allowed the actress in her creep out. "I-It was p-pretty close. Your b-brushstrokes gave you a-away." She said, flusting as perhaps her feminine form might be more noticable as she squeezed her arms together against her chest trying to get warm.

"S-shika-san might I u-use your cloak." She shivered. "I am soaked from coming to f-find you."

D5 EE. I want your cloak! Performance/Fire. Distinction. | TN: 3 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1

1Opportunity symbol used to be more convincing.
Muneyoki sighed a bit thinking of the distance he still had to go in the rain, but he unfastened his cloak.

"Of course, Kaikoga-san, you are, after all, my clan's guest, and Zang-sensei would say it's a chance for me to toughen up." he said, offering the cloak.

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:40 pm

Tanabe watched all the interactions with a passive face barely containing the grin at Koi's performance. If it wasn't so different from her manner before he might've bought it.

He kind of just stood there listening for a bit after all he was really just here because he saw other people running and was curious. He itched his ear a little "Well a good prank it respectable. Less interesting than a spirit but I can appreciate Dedication to the prank."
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:22 am

Nesshin follows the exchanges, his player having been phone-posting and somehow having neglected to subscribe to the thread.

"Sempai," he says, "where'd you leave the original? And you'll need your cloak for patrol." He offers his own to Koi, wordlessly.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:10 am

"Indeed - what did you do with the real painting? And Kaikoga-sama alludes correctly that this is an extreme effort for a prank." Bayushi nodded to the Moth. "It makes one curious. Did you not think, Shika-san, that you might bring down unforeseen consequences upon yourself? How would your friend recognize that this is a prank performed by you? Or by all of you - you did say 'we'?"
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:15 am

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:22 am
-snip-
As the Deer was distracted Koi pulled the cloak on using the chance to step a little away behind the bulk of the Otter using his physical mass to hide, and to take her time fiddling with it.

Kami of water, far-sighted and blessed. Grant me your knowledge. Koi whispered trying to not draw attention from anyone as she drew in the water kami.

D5 EE. Reflections on Pan Ku. Water/Theology | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 2
1Opportunity symbol use the spell upon Shika Muneyaki
1Opportunity symbol recover 2 strife.

Koi glanced at Neeshin with a look, it was gentle but she needed the cloak either to use as evidence later. She minutely twitched her head 'no' but her eyes said "trust her."

Koi said softly, giving a radiant smile to the Deer being pressed for questions. "Thank you Neeshin-san, but I do not want to insult the compassion that Muneyoki-san just showed me."
Last edited by Kaikoga Koi on Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:26 pm

Nesshin nods.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:40 pm

Aokami Forest: George of the Jungle. Water/Tactics, TN 2 | TN: 2 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
Image Image

Hajime had tried to come along, but had faltered at the first hurdle. Not for the first time, he wondered if perhaps the running around style of investigation really lined up with his talents. Perhaps he was more a Nero Wolfe than a Sherlock Holmes.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:05 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:15 am
As the Deer was distracted Koi pulled the cloak on using the chance to step a little away behind the bulk of the Otter using his physical mass to hide, and to take her time fiddling with it.

The water kami revealed that there was nothing special about the Deer, no weird magic or curses, just a dude.