[D4, LM, Open] To Hide Away

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Seppun Unsei

Re: [D4, LM, Open] To Hide Away

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:22 am

"Well, she's also a bit of a distant cousin, too. See, my grandfather's brother married into the Crab, and his kid married into the Scorpion, and had Lui-chan. But, anyway, yeah, uh... We were talking the other night and she told me she'd feel bad if I died, to which I began to say 'awww' and then she pulled a knife to my throat and said something along the lines of 'I'd feel bad, but I'd get over it.' and that was that." Unsei shrugged like it wasn't an issue. "She's done this before. In exchange, I might've locked her in the outhouse for a few hours using a ward. We're basically siblings at this point."

Even though she's technically of a higher station than me, the tall fucker.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:09 am

"I see", he said. I thought i was the only one that had knives wantonly drawn at them for other's amusement. He remembered this Bayushi, they seemed less sophisticated then his Taisa, but likely no less dangerous. "Anything else threatening you lately?"
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:24 pm

"You mean other than the poetry event earlier? Not really, why? Though, to be fair, she didn't really threaten me either. I'd know she'd never kill me..." She paused, furrowing her brows. "Unless told to, but if it gets to that point, I at least hope she feels bad about it."

Scorpions... kinda do have that reputation of being told to kill people they love. So, she probably would.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:04 pm

On our list of unnecessary things to say, let's talk about the Scorpion being complete bastards!

"There'd be no reason."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:58 pm

Oh yeah... totally no reason to end me...

"I know that, but at the same time, you never know. But, I've probably just watched too many of those tragic plays, ya know?" She shook her head. "Anyway, why did you ask?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:04 pm

"... you need to ask why I'm curious someone pulled a knife on an imperial?" Slight head tilt.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:41 pm

"...I mean... a little... but then you asked if I'd been threatened by anyone else, too. Just sort of curious as to why."

Because Unsei couldn't wrap her head around someone mildly curious about her well being.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:59 pm

"Well, from a certain view I understand", he said. "I don't worry overmuch when someone threatens me, either. People try to bait me into giving them an excuse all the time." He explained, then gestured back toward the path they'd been walking on. "We've stood here in the rain long enough, let's go back."

No use in telling them why or for what when they act like that, she wouldn't get it.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:09 pm

"Oh, fair enough. Though, ah, before we leave... do you... maybe... want to come over to my room later this evening?" She asked softly while looking up at him. A faint blush graced her cheeks again, but there was the ever slight curl of her lip that hinted at the mischievous fun that could likely happen.

"I could read your fortune and we could share some mochi?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:08 pm

"I made plans this evening", he said, which was true. Though he wasn't booked the entire night. Though he was giving an excuse, it didn't mean he lacked any drive to do so. "I would like to", he said fairly. "How about tomorrow night?"

That's not getting out of it, that's promising to jump into it later.

Maybe she just wants to eat mochi. He was drawing a blank on innuendo for the moment, if that was some sort of euphemism.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description