[D4, LM, Open] To Hide Away

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Seppun Unsei

Re: [D4, LM, Open] To Hide Away

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:45 pm

At first Unsei just gave them a flat look, but since she had already kissed his cheek so far and was feeling like risking it for the biscuit, she moved in front of him and placed her hands on either side of his face before looking into his eyes, though still keeping the same closeness they had before.

"You know damn well what I meant, Hiki-kun." Already starting with the nicknames. "I don't want you doing this just to keep me from being upset if you didn't want to be around me or close to me. What you want matters in this, understood? I might be extremely self-centered, but I'm not self-centered enough to force a whole person to put up with me when they don't want to just because they're worried about the backlash."

It was something Unsei had already gone through once. A similar situation where a clanner was only putting up with Unsei because she felt she'd get some sort of Imperial backlash if she didn't.

Unsei was going to make damned sure it never happened again.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:02 am

Even someone like Hikimasu knows what this means. Getting caught up in a moment to prove sincerity was dangerous. It isn't something he usually does. Yet here he was, with Unsei, hands on his face, giving him a talking to about his intentions.

So what are they? Well, first there was the obvious thing.

He put a hand over theirs, lowered them down, but didn't let go of it, the other still holding the umbrella. He looked right at the Imperial. "If I placate someone, it's because I hate them. I am not going to do that with you", he said. "I don't fear backlash, or losing favor with the Shika because someone is upset. I am going to do what I want in the end."

Though this was the hard part, at least for him. He had no idea what it really meant, considering this person, Seppun Unsei, had made it apparent that despite everything they had just said, they were going to still put on pretense.

"There's something though, and it continues enter my mind, so I will be honest", he said. "Is making a game of whether you are a man or a woman part of who you are?" he asked. "As a Scorpion, I see a great deal in that. We wear masks to say much. Why do you do it?" he didn't ask it with a demand, he seemed to want to listen, but he also knew he couldn't help how Unsei would react.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:36 am

For their benefit, Unsei wasn't doing this for Hikimasu specifically. More for their own peace of mind. They hated dragging someone along who didn't want to be there.

She nodded, pleased enough with that answer. But then it came to the question. Honestly, Unsei didn't mind.

"I do it because it's fun and I like confusing people." She shrugged. "And I'm not attached to any particular gender either, so I don't care if people see me as a man or a woman or neither. I kind of prefer neither, but don't mind if a romantic interest or spouse wishes I present as one or the other, as long as they don't force me into that and realize that there will probably be days where I present in a different way from what they prefer simply because I've been doing it a decent portion of my life, though my family doesn't particularly like it, and enjoy it. But no, it's not a part of myself? I don't know how to explain it. Like, I don't mind going as either or if someone I care about wishes it, but every now and then I'd probably go as the opposite because I enjoy it."

Unsei hadn't ever tried to put how they felt about it in words and felt like it wasn't going well and that it wasn't the best answer, but better to get it out of the way now and see where it went.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:10 am

"Well I can understand your family's position, being imperial and caring about their reputation so much", he said. "They could be a little more supportive, but a samurai's life is full of oppressive tradition."

Seconds ticked by, then a few more. Hikimasu's eyes scrutinized Unsei thoroughly.

Whatever he saw, he said more.

"I am looking to marry a woman, I admit", he told Unsei. "However...the story of Bayushi meeting Shosuro should not be lost on one such as me."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:21 am

"Oh, most certainly. I can't really blame them for it though. I don't exactly fit in anywhere and that's okay." However, she did use her freehand to wipe away the smeared make-up the best she could The last thing she wanted was to break out tomorrow because she let it sit there on her face. Volcano face was always the worst thing to be called.

"And fair enough. I had figured as much, but I can't say that I know whatever this story is between Bayushi-no-kami and Shosuro."

Explains your reaction to me yesterday, too.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:33 am

"Oh...", he seemed confused. He thought everyone knew that story, just like everyone knew the Kitsu used to be mythical creatures and Asahina was a raging pyromaniac before becoming a Crane.

"Well", he started, recollecting his thoughts.
In the days the kami traveled the land, before the First Day of Thunder, when there wasn't even an empire properly, Bayushi sought to build followers in the lands Hantei sent him to after the tournament was over. In a particular village, he met a young boy as he arrived.

"My lord, let me be your servant and I will take care of your horse."

"No, little one, I am seeking men of cunning."

Bayushi went further into the town, coming to an inn. There he asked for entertainment and was met with the most beautiful geisha he had ever seen. So elegant was her bearing, so sweet her words, an so unmatched her mastery of the shamisen, that Lord Bayushi found himself overcome. He must have her. When he reached his hand out, the girl twisted his wrist, put him in an unbreakable lock, ending the maneuver with a knife to his throat.

"Is this cunning enough, Lord Bayushi?" the boy's voice said.

And so Shosuro joined Bayushi, the first of his followers.
"Slightly abridged, but to say that tradition has ended among the Shosuro would be a disservice to the idea of honesty."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:46 am

Unsei skipped Clan Starter Stories 101 and it showed. They had been too busy looking at the stars and the star charts... or hiding away behind the shelves anyway.

But, she did listen closely to the story and once he was finished, she nodded.

"Oh, that's a cute story. I liked how she showed a Kami what's up. It's nice. One of the best ways to start any relationship, really... Or well, maybe not because then that would imply I'm in a relationship with Lui-chan because she held a knife to my throat the other day."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:49 am

"..."

Well first, there's that.

Secondly, I've said what I've said and am being messed with now.

The Scorpion arched an eyebrow. "Putting that aside...and we will definitely come back to it...I've explained as best I can, so is there anything you can say to me now?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:05 am

"Oh. yes. Sorry. Um." Serious topics weren't something they easily dealt with and often tried to wiggle out of, but this one couldn't exactly be wiggled out of. They hadn't expected such a massive focus on what they were, but when in Rokugan...

"I... could potentially be your wife. I wouldn't mind that, but if we somehow manage to get that far, then I would also want it understood that you'd be marrying into the Imperials, as I'm not marrying down. My status is very important to me and it's something I will fight tooth and nail to keep."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:12 am

He nodded. "If that's your wish", he said. "I have no argument in marrying into the Seppun family should the moment come."

None at all, actually.

"Now, about your cousin, who is my more distant cousin, I assume, drawing a knife on you..."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description