[D3 LA] Who needs Chaperones?

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Kasuga Yoshi

[D3 LA] Who needs Chaperones?

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:23 pm

Yoshi had to admit he was still curious about the mysterious ronin shugenja. There was a mystery, and as much as he did not want to pry, the puzzle was irresistible. To that end, perhaps he could learn more if they were private, and the woods remained the perfect place. Yoshi stands at the head of the trail, bag stocked with a fresh lunch and a topped off sake bottle.
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Kaito Oubaihime

Re: [D3 LA] Who needs Chaperones?

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:49 pm

With her umbrella at hand and seemingly a bit odd, Kaito Oubaihime was looking for something that was not an herb. She had no idea how to do it but she looked around to see if she could find and trap a small bunny.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:46 pm

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:23 pm
Yoshi had to admit he was still curious about the mysterious ronin shugenja. There was a mystery, and as much as he did not want to pry, the puzzle was irresistible. To that end, perhaps he could learn more if they were private, and the woods remained the perfect place. Yoshi stands at the head of the trail, bag stocked with a fresh lunch and a topped off sake bottle.
"Ma, Kasuga-san," Aimi calls as she emerges from the gates and begins strolling over to the Tortoise, a broad grin on her face, "A private note, a forest rendevous? You're really turning on the charm."
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:59 pm

"Oh good, Aimi noticed" Yoshi offers his arm to act as guide. "Now, I heard that the kami are more responsive in wilderness like this. I was curious what a walk in the woods means when the woods can speak back"

Yoshi's eyes twinkle. "And not just because her natural beauty rivals nature itself"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:20 pm

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:59 pm
"Oh good, Aimi noticed" Yoshi offers his arm to act as guide. "Now, I heard that the kami are more responsive in wilderness like this. I was curious what a walk in the woods means when the woods can speak back"

Yoshi's eyes twinkle. "And not just because her natural beauty rivals nature itself"
"...a dangerous topic to pursue, Kasuga-san," Aimi says slowly, and though she remains smiling and takes his arm readily, there is no escaping the guarded nature of her tone. "You wouldn't be wanting to speak to any spirits yourself now, would you?"

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:50 pm

Aimi wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:20 pm

"...a dangerous topic to pursue, Kasuga-san," Aimi says slowly, and though she remains smiling and takes his arm readily, there is no escaping the guarded nature of her tone. "You wouldn't be wanting to speak to any spirits yourself now, would you?"
" Does shoju count? " Yoshi can't resist the quip, squeezing Aimi's arm gently.

"Well, stories that involve men meeting spirits tend to end one of two ways: they offend it, and suffer greatly for their offense; or, they gain something that marks them for greatness. And if I have a lovely and talented shugenja with me I feel better already"

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:13 am

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:49 pm
With her umbrella at hand and seemingly a bit odd, Kaito Oubaihime was looking for something that was not an herb. She had no idea how to do it but she looked around to see if she could find and trap a small bunny.
(GM Note: Water/Survival TN 3)
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:30 am

Oubaihime looked around and saw the little creature hopping around. She slowly tried to approach it but sadly it ran away.

//D3 LA Hunting for a Bunny Survival water | TN: 3 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 3 Image Image Image Image
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:31 am

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:50 pm
" Does shoju count? " Yoshi can't resist the quip, squeezing Aimi's arm gently.

"Well, stories that involve men meeting spirits tend to end one of two ways: they offend it, and suffer greatly for their offense; or, they gain something that marks them for greatness. And if I have a lovely and talented shugenja with me I feel better already"
"You need to listen to more stories, Kasuga-san," Aimi says with a wry smile, "Or perhaps listen to the ones you've already heard a bit closer."

She whistles once, a shrill sound that carries through the trees, and all around the pair of them the trees rustle slightly in response. It sounds almost like waves against the shore.

"People don't meet spirits all that regularly, Kasgua-san," the shugenja says softly, "That don't mean the spirits ain't watching them. So dial back the shoju jokes, ne?"

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:57 am

"See, that's why I needed you with me" Yoshi replies, doing his best to not let his nerves show after Aimi's demonstration.

He lapses into a pause. "So, how have the miai events been treating you? I am not sure how kemari was supposed to apply to a real couple..." Yoshi freezes. "Right. There was the lineage one as well."