[D3 LA] Who needs Chaperones?

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Aimi

Re: [D3 LA] Who needs Chaperones?

Post by Aimi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:59 pm

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:57 am
"See, that's why I needed you with me" Yoshi replies, doing his best to not let his nerves show after Aimi's demonstration.

He lapses into a pause. "So, how have the miai events been treating you? I am not sure how kemari was supposed to apply to a real couple..." Yoshi freezes. "Right. There was the lineage one as well."
"There was, yes," Aimi sighs briefly, "Which was, as you might expect, rather... difficult. The only ronin who can name four different ancestors are those ronin who were once Clan samurai, and I don't imagine any of them would welcome the questioning either."

She shakes her head. "The kemari, at least, I can understand. It has little to do with the raw skill, I think. Rather, it was a chance for the matchmakers to observe us all and how we reacted to such a situation. Such is, I expect, the common element to be found in all these tests."
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:00 pm

Maybe next time I should bring Matsu sama... he seems like a capable guy... hmmm maybe help him heal.some wounds. Yhe girl giggled. Shika sama... could too... Ah... Shiba san... hmmm maybe I should ask someone...

With so many people in mind the Kaito goes back to the castle.

/Exit unless stopped.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:03 pm

Aimi wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:59 pm
[

"There was, yes," Aimi sighs briefly, "Which was, as you might expect, rather... difficult. The only ronin who can name four different ancestors are those ronin who were once Clan samurai, and I don't imagine any of them would welcome the questioning either."

She shakes her head. "The kemari, at least, I can understand. It has little to do with the raw skill, I think. Rather, it was a chance for the matchmakers to observe us all and how we reacted to such a situation. Such is, I expect, the common element to be found in all these tests."
" I'm sorry" Yoshi scratches the back of his head. " It's not the same, I know it's not the same, but I know what it was like to skate over family history like that. My father...no one quite knows where he came from. Even he claims to not remember, just that he joined up with a wakizashi and is a damn fine sailor. He simply chose to come to a spot where the second mattered a lot more than the first"

" I'm not ashamed, it's just that a good half of my family tree simply doesn't exist"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:28 pm

"...huh," Aimi says, the very picture of eloquence, "Well, how about that. I admit I know very little about the Tortoise, other than what I have picked up from you, Kasuga-san. Ronin won't ask where you came from or why you're on the road, the idea that a Clan could be the same is... strange."

Shaking her head, she looks around. "We should probably settle down at some point, if we want to eat rather than merely walk. Lovely though the view might be."

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:53 pm

"We're the picture of pragmatists Aimi-san. When you are a Clan of our size and..." Yoshi pauses to pick his words. "Reputation, we don't pass up the chance to obtain talented people, no matter their background. After all, I wouldn't just lead you on, would I?"

"As for the distance, well, some distance from our chaperones doesn't hurt does it?" The courtier teases, reaching into his bag and pulling out the blanket to set up the picnic."
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:49 pm

"Chaperones? My my, Kasuga-san," Aimi says with a laugh, taking a seat as the blanket is laid out, "What do you have planned, that such oversight would be so inconvenient? Do I need to fear for my virtue?"

She's grinning, thankfully, amused and not displeased by the potential such a private meal represents.

(OoC - Given day flip, I don't know how much we'd want to cover in the actual meal? Presumably we're not meant to keep threads dragging out too long, though I admit I don't know...)

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:59 pm

"You need not fear to fear what is freely given." Yoshi replies with a wink. "Easy there, this is simply a pleasant walk. But a bit of quiet and privacy is something to behold"

(Maybe just specify that they had a pleasant afternoon, but nothing of note happens)