More exploring (D2 EM, Open)

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Suzume Senseki

More exploring (D2 EM, Open)

Post by Suzume Senseki » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:21 am

Senseki had heard some rumours that people sometimes disappeared while walking through the Aokami forest, and in a way he felt they should make him wary of the place. But he'd been there the day before, and nothing has happened... And besides, they were probably just stories to keep people from wandering into the woods... Right?

Somehow, the alternative made him more drawn to the woods than afraid... So shortly after the sunrise, here he was again, walking through the woods, trying to commit the layout of the area to mind and making mental notes of any useful plants he found along the way ...
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Saibankan

Re: More exploring (D2 EM, Open)

Post by Saibankan » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:26 am

From around a bend in the path, the Sparrow could here something large coming around the bend. Four heavy steps could be heard crunching on the path.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:30 am

Completely carefree and whistling a tune that’s only slightly off key, Inoshishi is here, looking for mushrooms! She looks around as she sees the Sparrow, not that she recognizes him as such.

“Hi, I’m Inoshishi! I think I’ve seen you around the Miai! What are you doing out here so early? I’m Looking for mushrooms! They’re so tasty, these little ones. I love them. Would you like some? Have you eaten rice? I like my rice with mushrooms. And sometimes green onions, but not for breakfast! Oh, I hope you weren’t hear for bird watching. My dad always said I was bad at bird watching. Kinda hard to be bad at watching, but apparently you’re supposed to be quiet while you watch, and honestly, that’s hard. “

She waves, heedlessly loud in the early morning stillness.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:33 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:26 am
From around a bend in the path, the Sparrow could here something large coming around the bend. Four heavy steps could be heard crunching on the path.
When Senseki hears the steps, he stops, trying to make sense of where exactly it's coming from, falling completely silent...
Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:30 am
Completely carefree and whistling a tune that’s only slightly off key, Inoshishi is here, looking for mushrooms! She looks around as she sees the Sparrow, not that she recognizes him as such.

“Hi, I’m Inoshishi! I think I’ve seen you around the Miai! What are you doing out here so early? I’m Looking for mushrooms! They’re so tasty, these little ones. I love them. Would you like some? Have you eaten rice? I like my rice with mushrooms. And sometimes green onions, but not for breakfast! Oh, I hope you weren’t hear for bird watching. My dad always said I was bad at bird watching. Kinda hard to be bad at watching, but apparently you’re supposed to be quiet while you watch, and honestly, that’s hard. “

She waves, heedlessly loud in the early morning stillness.
... and then he hears the girl's voice. And it goes on. And on. And on. He looks in the direction he thought he heard the animal come from, then can't help smiling as he turns back to the woman. "Oh... good morning! I mean, pleased to meet you, Ino... em... Dragon-sama! I was... having another look at this forest. It's a pretty one, don't you think?"

He tries to make sense of everything else she said, then notices it takes him some time to remember and organise all of it. "Oh, haven't had my rice yet, planned on doing it when I come back. Have you?", he manages to add as he thinks some more. Mushrooms, negi, bird-watching...

"Ah...and, um... I wasn't here for bird watching, specifically! More like a general look around. I... thought I heard an animal, just there", he says, pointing in the direction of the noise, then adds, perhaps a bit too hopeful. "Maybe we can still find out what it was?", he adds with a gentle, if a bit anxious smile.

OOC:
Oof, sorry for the long delay, was away from the PC the whole day tomorrow and didn't wanna phone post here too after doing it in Alderaan!
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:57 pm

The noise had disappeared with the arrival of the Dragon, and there was no sign of the road being disturbed by any sort of animal that have could have made the noise.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind