[D2ME] Milk moon

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Moto Mitsuki

Re: [D2ME] Milk moon

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:15 pm

"One thousand origami are likely too much, but maybe there's something to that idea.

First, we don't need to advertise to a whole town, but to about fifty persons, all staying at the same inn.

Second, this reminded me of a small divination exercise I once went through. The teacher writes a symbol on a piece of paper, then rip it in two. They hide one half somewhere and give the other to the student, tasking them with finding the missing one. Even though the symbol is broken in the physical world, it is still one within the void. Both parts are thus still linked at the spiritual level, and divining the position of one while holding the other is relatively easily.

So my idea is that we could take a sheet of paper, write a symbol in the middle, cut the sheet in two, write a nice invitation on the back of one half and slip that half into an envelope. We repeat the process fifty times, then, at night, we go hide all the untouched half in our place of choice, and return to the inn to slip one envelope under each door.

When the other participants of the miai will wake up at dawn the next day, they will find our invitation, and have all the tools they need to follow upon it if they're gifted or trained enough."

Mitsuki came back to earth after her excited explanation:

"Of course, that doesn't mean we shouldn't ask the Deer for permission to set up that little event. Or to tease it a bit in advance through rumors and other ways of conveying information.

Just that we can be fully self-sufficient in organizing it. And the Shika are likely to appreciate not having anything to do."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:30 pm

They listened closely and seemed more and more draw into the idea the longer it was spoken about. Towards the end of it, Unsei was just about ready to hop up and destroy their hand writing out all of the symbols.

"I love it! I can try to find a courtier to drop some rumors, too because... I'm not skilled in that in any manner at all, but! Can always find somebody that is. Somehow. I don't think I've actually met a courtier so far, but anyway! Though... which one of us wants to go ask the Deer for permission to do this little event? I'm sure they'll say yes, but still... Better to not piss them off when they have control over who you're going to marry."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:37 pm

"Well... You're an Imperial and I'm but a great clan samurai, so your words are more likely to move the Deer than mine. Plus, can't say I'm a great courtier.

So, unless the talk is to happen on horseback during a ride in the countryside, I'll say you're the most suited of us two for that task."

She pondered for an instant then added:

"I'll write down two thirds of the invitations in exchange, so the share of the work is about fair."
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:07 pm

Unsei groaned, but then sighed as they accepted their fate. "It all works out in the end then... I wanted to go say hello to the Clan Champ anyway and offer them an official Imperial Divination. I'll go talk to them soon... And I'll write my portion of the invitations tonight. Then rip them in half and give them to you? While the other half goes to being slid under doors and what not. I'm sure the people will find it oh so amusing."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:19 pm

"That plan sounds sound."

Mitsuki froze for a second. That was proper Rokugani was it? The repetition felt weird.

"Well, I didn't think you were the sign that I was expecting tonight Seppun-sama, yet you shed a lot of light on my near future."

She bowed her head and joined her hands, in a gesture of thanks and good luck freely mixing different cultures together.

"May our cooperation be fruitful."

/scene?

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:53 pm

"If it helps, I wasn't planning on being a sign for anything, but I'm glad I could at least help!" They said happily before bowing. "And may the stars light your path wherever you may go."

/scene! Thank you!