[D1, EA] Clip Clop (Expecting/Open)

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D1, EA] Clip Clop (Expecting/Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:14 am

Well...if I'd meant to do that, I would think what came next answers it quite plainly...
"Well...if I'd meant to do that, I would think that what came next answers it quite plainly..." he thought and said simultaneously.

Oh...oops.

He was still there, dead eyes staring, trying not to smile or laugh. Was this the time to be serious?

The truth was he couldn't really move due to more or less being petrified by the situation. Should he get up? He should get up.

Why wasn't he getting up?

For his part, Yudaina grazed, not paying a single bit of attention to the pair, as if he had his own business to mind and whatever happened over there wasn't his concern. If horse's could whistle...
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:31 am

Narumi, Empress of Mixed Messages.
He'd called her bluff and she was just as surprised as he was at the result. Narumi talked a big game, given she spent so much of her life invested in the romances or marriages of others-- but when it came to herself, she pushed and tested and then drew distinct lines in the sand. She built her walls, and while she very much enjoyed looking over them, she had not let anyone in just yet.

As such, she squirmed out from under Hikimasu, and sat up, just as confused as he likely was, but probably for different reasoning. She put a hand to her chest to slowdown her heartrate.
"And what were you hoping was going to happen next?" She asked plainly. "I think... I think we got a bit ahead of ourselves, ne?" She offered an escape from their shared embarrassment.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:11 pm

When it was apparent she was trying to escape he didn't resist. In fact, he fell over into his back.

So he could cast a glare at Yūdaina.

As Narumi calmed, he found none. True, that wasn't the first time Benten had forced him on a girl, but it was the first time in a long time it seemed like the mistake might have panned out, even in a small way.

Just forget it.

He sat up. "Yes, too far." Then he stood up. "I'll walk you back."

He grabbed Yūdaina's reins and lead him him over to her. "You can have the mount, no reason to wear your feet out."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:31 pm

She busied herself brushing off her kimono, making sure every errant strand of grass was removed.
That could've been very awkward... Oh who am I kidding? Incredibly awkward. Hm.
"I... require your assistance again, Shosuro-san. I'm so sorry," she said with a nervous chuckle, before stealing a glance at the Scorpion.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:44 pm

He turned so he didn't have his back to her, but he wasn't facing her either. Yūdaina plodded forward a bit toward Narumi, but didn't bump into her.

The Scorpion looked, side long, for the issue.

Right...

He turned further and without much preamble, grabbed her by the waist and easily hoisted her up onto Yūdaina's saddle. He wanted to say something to ease some of this away, but noted he had lingered with his hand on her thigh as he struggled for words.

He stepped back and grabbed the reins again.

"Well, let's go then."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:52 pm

His lingering touch is not unnoticed, but it only spurs to further internal conflict in the Otter.
"Right. Thank you, though... for showing me the meadow." she tries to soothe the complicated air between them, and pats Yudaina's neck.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:21 pm

"It looked nice", he said turning away and leading them back. It seemed fairly obvious the level of embarrassed frustration the Scorpion felt was normal and more or less a constant state of being. He'd probably be fine.

For his part, Yūdaina seemed quite pleased. If not confused as to why they were leaving so soon.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description