[D1 LA] You're A Catch

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Kasuga Yoshi

Re: [D1 LA] You're A Catch

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:26 am

"Ah, but this apple will wither and rot within a fortnight if not eaten. I wish for our memories last far longer than that. Please, take it Koi-san."

Yoshi smiles serenely back, noticing that the blush seems to be growing.
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:09 am

Koi glanced at Yoshi's eyes for a moment or two, allowing the suspense grow between them and she smiled. "Well, then..."

"I shall accept your gift, Yoshi-san~" And she inspected the apple for a moment as if it was the most important thing in the world for that single second before she took a good, old chomp into the apple with a big smile. "Oishii!" She exclaimed happily, holding her hand over her mouth as she chews on the apple with a bright smile. "It's so tasty! Thank you ~" She said.

Koi looked around to see if anyone was around, when it appeared they were in the clear she moved over and held the apple up. "Try!" She said with a bright smile. "I have never had such a delicious apple before, please try it Yoshi-san!"

I cant have you as mine yet, but perhaps I can enjoy this for now... Remember Koi, this is a marathon not a sprint - keep your legs on the ground.
Last edited by Kaikoga Koi on Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:41 am

"I thought that you weren't one to share your apples with just anyone Koi-san" Yoshi gently teases. "But if that is your wish." He takes her hands in his own, lifting them, hands and all to his lips. He takes a deep bite of the apple, the flesh crunching in his teeth. He goes through a pantomime of thoughtfully tasting and considering.

"Very good. Though, I suspect what you brought yourself is even sweeter to the lips." Yoshi grins down at the girl, meeting her jade eyes.

"So...are we going to fish. Or have your tastes changed?"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:22 pm

Koi watched the Kasuga with intensity in her eyes filled with the possibilities of dreams and nightmares that she has walked through in her life, all that creativity locked behind those sacred eyes of her's. The touch of her hands in his caused the Koi to blush again, and smile. For someone as beautiful as Koi, someone who takes time in their appearance the skin of her fingers is surprisingly strong and course the signs of someone that works a craft that involves hard working with their hands - a carpenter or a craftswoman of sorts. "I do not know what you mean, Yoshi-san. I am simply providing for the hospitality of a guest joining me on a day of fishing, and in this moment I had to share a delicious gift given to me."

She smiled at her, her heart fluttered as a small dart of her tongue licked her apple coated lips quick. "I must bring something sweet to match the strength of the sake, and the masculinity of the man with me. Balance in everything, Yoshi-san."

Koi gave the Tortoise a long look, a long slow cloth tearing look before she said a little deeper than expected. "Ara ara, Yoshi-san are you so keen to take me that you don't have time to enjoy an apple with me?" She breathed, warmly scents of lilacs, almonds and apples could be smelt. "I will never lose interest in Fishing." She teased before motioning for him to continue.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:32 pm

"I absolutely have time to enjoy it." Yoshi gently returns Koi's hands. "I think we have a long afternoon to enjoy with each other. I don't see that harm in picking out especially enjoyable moments" He pulls back softly, offering a fishing rod. "I will set up the blankets and refreshments if you want to begin"

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:53 pm

Koi gave Yoshi a cute wink before taking the lines from him. With surprisingly graceful fingers she laced the fishing poles, with a small chuckle. "These rods are very nice, I have been using a bamboo rod since coming from my lands during the trip here but I think it has seen better days."

She smiled warmly, clearly inspecting the two rods as she prepared a weight, a small hand made lure and a hook with some bait. "The flexibity of these are outstanding, made from cedar as well I see." This shugenja with a strange eye, bright coloured eyes and is outrageously beautiful perhaps enjoyed the oldest hobby - fishing like some old monk.

A curious sight indeed.

"Hai, you get that set up I'll cast the lines." She called, happily.

Koi casts the first line out with a flick, the line expanded out and with a flick of her delicate wrist like a fan it soared out over the water with a light plop landing nice.

[D1 LA] Fishing - First Cast. Water 3/Survival 1 | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0

She lifted up the second rod, nodding towards the Kasuga with a smile indicating this was your rod. She began the process of flicking it back and forth, allowing it to gain momentum and spool into the air before casting it out...

D1 LA: Casting second line. Water/ Survival. Tn 2. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 3

Opportunity used to negate 1 strife. 2 strife taken.

It landed nicely in the water but her mind seemed the reflection of guards walking by them and her mind began to revolt at her situation. This is exactly what her mother wanted her not to do, getting involved with a Tortoise but she bit her lip hard and watched as the line landed in tje water.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:00 pm

Yoshi lays out a blanket from his pack a little ways away from the bank, still close enough for the line to touch water and sets out the refreshemts, mostly traveling rations, with the noted exception of sake. He pours out a pair of cups for the two of them, offering one to Koi.

"Patience was never a strength of mine when it comes to fishing. Fortunately, I find it hard to imagine a better way to wait." Yoshi takes a sip of his own cup before he goes to toss the line. "A beautiful day, something good to drink, and company that..." Yoshi looks to the beautiful woman beside him. "I couldn't ask for better"

He tosses the line. It doesn't go very far, but he uses the motion to sit closer to Koi. Perhaps bordering on, if not surpassing the bounds of propriety, but with an excuse that provided the veneer of an excuse.

Cast the Line for Fishing, Water/Survival (unskilled) | TN: 2 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 3 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:10 pm

Koi smiled and listened, accepting the sake gracefullg and enjoying it. "Aye, I find patience is something I am good at years working with the Kami has taught me many fine things." She said twitching the line carefully, and noticed how close the Kasuga was.

She didn't say anything, after all it was a small blanket and they were fishing. Surely, that was a reasonable excuse.

"Yoshi-san, when you cast pivot your hip like you are throwing a punch as you cast it. It will deliever a better line into the water further, the fish near to shore are too small." She teased. "Unless, you are fond of small fish?" She say coyly, and she twitched her line patiently.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:25 pm

"Well, I will take your advice. I am sure that my brethren will not object to an approach that is more like punching" Yoshi leans in a bit closer, taking advantage of the closeness. "Well, there is this rather small Koi that I am rather keen on, but they are rather elusive. It's not always the size of the catch, but the entire experience, neh?"

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:49 pm

Koi gave a warm laugh, and that flowed like honey before the Moth spoke she whispered. "You are man enough to catch a small Koi, do not worry Yoshi-san but you shall need to beat the seagulls that lurk and prowl for a meal?"

Koi looked genuinely confused for a moment, in this closeness so much so that she placed a hand upon the Tortoise's hand by 'accident' before a wicked playfulness returned. Let's see how you handle this...

"If I were to give you a blessing of the Kami would you, Yoshi-san of the Tortoise you run away screaming?" She whispered secretly, and whispered furthed her greatest gift she could give. "I had that unfortunate effect on the very young Seppun at the Miai when I wanted to give him a blessing on behalf of the Kami when he got to see me in the Onsen. I would be devastated if that happened to you now..."

How do you like them apples... She cooed in her mind, preening.