[D1 LA] You're A Catch

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Kasuga Yoshi

[D1 LA] You're A Catch

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:26 pm

Yoshi had to admit that Koi was onto something with her idea. Eyes were always on them in the city, and as much as he was happy to observe the rules of miai (even if he had zero issue with twisting them) having some time alone, private and intimate sounded like great fun. Picking up some rope from the market, along with some snacks and sake, and his traveling gear he was set up for a serene afternoon out.

He waits patiently at the edge of the path, keeping an out out for the Carp.

_____

Fashion basic fishing poles for a day in the woods. Earth/Survival (unskilled) | TN: 1 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image

Opportunity for both rods made/made well? Two strife taken.
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Kaikoga Koi

Re: [D1 LA] You're A Catch

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:07 pm

There perhaps might have been a time that the Kasuga might have thought the Koi had stood him up, some time had past perhaps ten minutes or so until the sound of feet padding on the ground could be heard and a less dressed to the heaven's Koi appeared. She still had on her makeup, but the kimono she had worn had been changed for something less formal, let petit and delicate but comfortable and better suited for the weather.

She came with a small umbrella (no real design to it) and a pretty lantern just in case the afternoon grew darker than expected. She was humming to herself some light melody, something cryptic and mysterious as that seems to be a general theme the young Moth appears to be going for. Noticing the Kasuga on the path way, she awarded him (since no one could see her as she was facing only him) a smile that could blind the stars themselves as she approached him proper.

"Konnichiwa, Kasuga-san~" She practically purred with happiness. Her body language was firstly, entirely different to how she was noticed beforehand - calm, collected and at ease away from all the people and court the trustiest sense of Koi could be witnessed here today. "I hope you didn't have to wait long, I got distracted by a race between a Baku spirit and a small squirrel." She joked, clearly teasing.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:07 pm

Yoshi could feel his irritation grow, but he takes the time to work on the fishing rods. After all, he had intended to make them by hand, and he has the time to be very, very thorough. When his impatience swells, he looks back at what he is doing and the analogy writes itself. A fisherman needed to have patience, and to know when to cut bait and run. He hadn't even dropped a line into the water yet.

And indeed the wait is worth it. Even in a more casual robe, Koi still looks stunning. Maybe even better, with a languid calm that hadn't there at court this morning.

"It's alright. I had a jug of sake and our poles to keep my busy. And good things come to those who wait" Yoshi rises, a pole in each hand. "Being outdoors suits you well Kaikoga-san"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:24 pm

Koi bowed respectfully before smiling. "I have to agree, I was born of the mountains and amongst the kami. I am not delicate Crane, I am of the Moth." She beamed, and motioned for them to stroll.

"I am genuinely sorry for being late, I got held up by this one specific guard that is the bane of existences within this city." She said, sighing. "The guard did not realise I come from a Clan when I arrived with proper papers. Couldn't even pronouce my clan name."

She sighed. "Had to discuss something with Pei-Pei-sama and there he was as a guard in the Hall ways of Kyuden Shika."

Looking around for a brief moment, she reached out and brushed her hand against his as they walked. "I came out yesterday and had no luck, perhaps you will be good bait today, ney?"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:50 pm

Yoshi hoists the rods and a satchel for the picnic and carries it along for both of them as they stroll deeper into the woods.

"I can't say that I was particularly gifted as a fisherman, but when you grow up in a Harbor..." Yoshi chuckles. "My parents wanted me to be luring a different kind of game. My father is a sailor and my mother decided that she wanted something-" The Tortoise cuts himself off. "Something that didn't involve me getting swept off a deck and into the sea. If I was going to be involved with ships, I was going to be dealing in what they loaded and unloaded. Of course, there's no chance that I was going to do that without getting my hands a bit dirty, but Master Yamori saw to that."

A thoughtful expression. "A guard, huh? Which one? Can you point him out to me?"

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:58 pm

Koi mused for a while listening to her new Tortoise friend, as she walked patiently beside him never ahead but also never behind him.

"I found fishing stress relieving during my youth, I was trained as a shugenja as well as an actress, layer upon layer I needed an escape. Though, it doesn't give me satisfaction like working with wood, and my carving tools." She said calmly, focusing her attention to the pace the Kasuga set. "Do you have any hobbies that might be interesting?" She quirked a smile, she is not stupid enough to hear the stories and rumours of the Tortoise but amusingly, she found it strangely appealing.

Koi simply shook her head. "I could not intrude my dramas upon your stay here, it was a small altercation that caught me when I was tired from the travel down. Perhaps, if it becomes something else I will let you know."

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:28 pm

Yoshi can't resist a chuckle, especially now that they are out of the public eye. "Kaikoga-san, some people might say that my hobby is meddling in other people's drama. That's how we met. It's, forgive me, it's hard to put without being an earful. Ahem" The young Tortoise clears his throat. "People make assumptions. It's something that even people who train themselves to not make them still do. People set their order in certain ways, and that causes them to consider others beneath attention, or contempt. It's especially satisfying when you reap the benefits from upending those assumptions."

"But what I would call a hobby? Please don't laugh. It's gift shopping." Yoshi is curious to see how Koi's expression changes. "It's a challenge in a few ways. First, it's knowing someone well enough to pick something out: their desires, their needs, what is meaningful to them. And then, it's finding those things and delivering on them. Like, for instance." Yoshi pauses to rummage through the rucksack, tossing something gently to Koi.

"Here is your gift for your date today."

It's an apple.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:00 am

Koi's eyes grew as she listened to the Kasuga talk, she felt this growing sense of appealing pleasure blooming in her stomach. "Oh, Kasuga-san~" She listened more intently, taking in his information and understanding him as he spoke apparently an 'ear full' but this is a discussion or a conversation, how would it be a problem.

When the apple was produced and tossed to her, Koi caught it with delicate hands and for the first time stopped in her tracks blushing a fierceness that crept up her neck and into her cheeks - it was a sight to behold.

She turned to the Kasuga, her Jade eyes aflame with a raw lust that could level cities in pure ecstasy as she licked her lips and smelt the apple. "Oh Kasuga-san..." She shook her head. "Yoshi-san.." She carefully pronounced his name, saying it in a way that might just cause someone to quiver with excitement if they were that way inclind. "Now, I have never been given fruit before as a gift before ..." she looked him dead in the eye like a natural performer and said "Houze you like 'dem apples, eh?" She said giving her best shot and mimicking the Tortoise from not long ago.

Which since they were alone caused Koi to burst into giggles, and perhaps the Tortoise might notice just from how she laughs it is something she does not do often as behind her mask there is an underlining sadness to her.

When she collected herself, and her eyes rested on the Kasuga she said softly. "This is a thoughtful gift, but I couldn't take this from you. Surely, you need to eat today?" The first refusal.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:27 am

The blush caught him off guard, but not nearly as much as her own version of his joke before. As Koi breaks into giggles, he responds with chortles of his own, unable to keep his own amusement hidden.

Take her. Take her right here.

The sudden flame of desire surprises him, and it's not without some hesitation that he mentally picks up a stick and beats back his hindbrain.

"Nonsense Koi-san" Yoshi counters. If she felt like using his given name, he wasn't going to stop her, and hers was lovely to use as well. "I have packed plenty of lunch for both of us, in case we find up being poor anglers. There is no need to fear that I would go hungry. Please, it is yours"

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:11 am

Koi glanced at her partner angler today with a smile, and she raised the apple to her lips and lightly smelled the fresh scent, and it caused her eyes to close in happiness. Oh, kami shower me in cold water...this is exciting. She thought, and smiled at Yoshi with a tilt of her head.

"I appreciate your generosity for bring such supplies however if I was to eat this apple, our first memory would fade away and be forgotten amongst dreams and legends.." She said softly, allowing the second rejection of almost poetic and charming.

The blush had settled into her cheeks well, the soft pink reflecting from the apple made her eyes become almost granny smith apple green as they sparkled in happiness.