[Day 0: EA Open] A chance to catch Dreams

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Kaikoga Koi

Re: [Day 0: EA Open] A chance to catch Dreams

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:11 pm

Koi felt her hand shake for a brief moment as she had not known about the arrival of the Seppun's and that filled her with a deep seated panic that settled in her gut like a rock but it was swift and disappeared before it was noticed. "Oh Aimi-san, I do look after myself and shall do so continously I have very little desire to be a pawn of those blessed by their bloodline."

She was quiet for a moment taking in the river for a spell, her mind filling with possibilities. "I believe that too, but just in case find me if anything happens and I will do all I can to get you out alive and in safety. I swear upon my name on that consider me me a friend." She said kindly, and looked at Aimi briefly before she saw her fishing line dip. "Oh!" She said moving to grab onto the pole and begun tugging - until it goes slack and released from whatever had taken the bait. "Stones, first bite and all."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:19 pm

"Perhaps we should take it as a sign from the spirits?" Aimi laughs, shaking her head, "As the first fish to nibble the line is not our catch for the day, so too should lovely young ladies such as ourselves not be too keen to grasp the first offer that comes our way."

She says nothing about the offer of protection. It was a sweet one, made in earnest, but Koi didn't know everything about her. If she did, after all, she wouldn't have called her a friend. No samurai would, and Aimi couldn't afford to forget that.
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:26 pm

Koi sighed in frustration as she fixed her line and tossed it back within the water. "Perhaps that might be the case, perhaps the fish just caught it wrong." She said meekly but decided to take a hearty bite into her onigiri, she loved the spiced red bean paste sweet and savoury.

"I trust that you will know what to do but do consider my offer, no judgement and I will not push it." She said, notijg her deflection of the invitation. "I will pray to the kami to look after yourself over the miai regardless."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:07 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:26 pm
Koi sighed in frustration as she fixed her line and tossed it back within the water. "Perhaps that might be the case, perhaps the fish just caught it wrong." She said meekly but decided to take a hearty bite into her onigiri, she loved the spiced red bean paste sweet and savoury.

"I trust that you will know what to do but do consider my offer, no judgement and I will not push it." She said, notijg her deflection of the invitation. "I will pray to the kami to look after yourself over the miai regardless."
"Oh, the kami are having a grand old time," Aimi says sourly, glaring at the sky for a moment, "One cannot go anywhere in Kyuden Shika without hearing the spirits of the wind whispering mischievously to each other. Young samurai wrestling with the idea of having to talk to someone they might be attracted to is apparently the highest entertainment to be found for leagues in any direction."

She sighs, shaking her head. "Then again, I suppose it might well be. Do you happen to know what kind of contests and activities the Shika might choose to set before us?"

(OoC - I'm running out of things to mention/cover in the general reunion chat, no idea if you have something in mind?)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:53 pm

Koi looked at the sky and chuckled, she had forgotten about the mischievous nature of wind and the way to flows through them all whispering and sneaking into their lives. "Ah, must be why you were able to slip in past the guards wind got back at him."

She smirked, she traced her fingers through the grass and looked out at the river. "No I dont unfortunately, I would have prepared for them on the long walk I had just do be ready but I suppose preparing for the worst, hope for the best."

Koi stretched her arms over her head. "You should go settle in, learn the city a bit and perhaps we can enjoy tea later during the time we are here? I am going to pray for more fish, and ponder upon the dreams that may come."

She paused for a moment. "Should you have any odd dreams this time we are here, can you let me know?"

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:19 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:53 pm
Koi looked at the sky and chuckled, she had forgotten about the mischievous nature of wind and the way to flows through them all whispering and sneaking into their lives. "Ah, must be why you were able to slip in past the guards wind got back at him."

She smirked, she traced her fingers through the grass and looked out at the river. "No I dont unfortunately, I would have prepared for them on the long walk I had just do be ready but I suppose preparing for the worst, hope for the best."

Koi stretched her arms over her head. "You should go settle in, learn the city a bit and perhaps we can enjoy tea later during the time we are here? I am going to pray for more fish, and ponder upon the dreams that may come."

She paused for a moment. "Should you have any odd dreams this time we are here, can you let me know?"
"You and your dreams," Aimi says with a laugh, rising to her feet and brushing down the front of her travelling clothes, "A younger Aimi would have considered even this life a dream come true... but very well, Koi-san, should I have any strange visitors while I sleep, I shall spin you their tale swiftly enough."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:38 pm

Koi smiled at Aimi with a nod, and turned back to her finishing line raising to stand before Aimi to bow humbly. "Go with the blessings of the Kami, Aimi."

(I am just wrapping this thread up as it seems near enough completion.)

/scene