[Day 0: EA Open] A chance to catch Dreams

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Kaikoga Koi

[Day 0: EA Open] A chance to catch Dreams

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:24 pm

Koi found herself excited, she had noticed a body of water outside of the castle that wasnt filled with expensive bloated "koi" she mused. Taking her fishing rod, a heavy blanket and some other small bits and pieces she escaped the commotion of Kyuden Shika as it came alive with the miari and slipped out the front gates.

She followed a path she had scene that takes you close to the water and had a nice flat plateform of ground to sit on, the water appeared to be deeper here than anywhere else and that excited her.

She carefully placed down the blanket, her wood working tools and the gift she was working on finalizing but a small wood branch that had a "V" shape at the end which held onto the rod after it was baited and casted out.

Once she expected there wouldn't be immediate hits she soon went back to sanding the gift she had been working on enjoying the Sun a little. Beats walking that's damn sure.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Aimi

Re: [Day 0: EA Open] A chance to catch Dreams

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:16 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:24 pm
She carefully placed down the blanket, her wood working tools and the gift she was working on finalizing but a small wood branch that had a "V" shape at the end which held onto the rod after it was baited and casted out.

Once she expected there wouldn't be immediate hits she soon went back to sanding the gift she had been working on enjoying the Sun a little. Beats walking that's damn sure.
"Well, kami be good... Kaikoga Koi-san?"

The slightly scruffy, weatherworn woman who emerges from the nearest copse of trees is smiling broadly, a twinkle in her eyes as she moves forward to bow briefly to the other samurai.

"Ah, it's been years... I'm Aimi, do you remember? We travelled together for a time, back when you were with that troupe!"
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:33 pm

Koi had been lost in thought for a while, her hook still bobbing away and admittedly she was startled a little her hand going towards the knife she used to work wood but stopped herself as she looked up.

"By the stars, Aimi-san you nearly made me pop into Yame-do." She laughed softly, dropping the knife and holding her hand to her chest before rising from her spot and returned the bow respectfully low, rising with a smile.

"It may have been some time but I remember my time with the troupe fondly and I recall you well, Aimi let me have a look at you!" She said softly almost like an aunt, or a close relative. "You've done something different to your hair, and you've grown into such a beautiful young woman."

She glanced at her pole, nada. "Would you care to join me? I have some barley tea, and some onigiri with red bean paste for lunch (to much in fact)." She laughed warmly, her personality had a cadence of its own swift and fluttering with clearly spoken words that kind of force you to pay attention but pale jade eyes to show how genuine she is.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:37 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:33 pm
"It may have been some time but I remember my time with the troupe fondly and I recall you well, Aimi let me have a look at you!" She said softly almost like an aunt, or a close relative. "You've done something different to your hair, and you've grown into such a beautiful young woman."

She glanced at her pole, nada. "Would you care to join me? I have some barley tea, and some onigiri with red bean paste for lunch (to much in fact)." She laughed warmly, her personality had a cadence of its own swift and fluttering with clearly spoken words that kind of force you to pay attention but pale jade eyes to show how genuine she is.
"My hair? Ah, yes, I wore braids the last time, did I not?" Aimi says with a smile, cheerfully settling herself down next to her old acquaintance by the riverbank. "I changed those, too much work and an absolute disaster if you have grime on your hands when you start weaving them. But what of you - I feel like I am being complemented by a painting come to life, all style and beauty and hidden depths!"

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:02 pm

Koi laughed softly, and glanced at Aimi's face again her pale jade eyes searching and inspecting. "You looked so beautiful with, well either way you look wonderful. Are you here for the Miai? Please, let me do your hair one night like last time."

She paused, and looked at the rod. "Mind keeping an eye on the rod?" As she begin to fuss getting tea and lunch prepared.

She stopped and looked over the water judging it. "I only got to spend another year with the troupe, my duty to my clan forcibly returned me to my home lands afterwards. "June-san and I thought it would be best if we went seperate paths, perhaps we will meet again in another life." She said, a little sadly but cheerfully enough her mask perhaps showing a slight trace of still raw emotions if only a little.

"You flatter my too much, Aimi-san. With the Crane's here I am nothing but a drop in an ocean." Definitely not blushing, nope. Definitely not.

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:27 pm

"If you are a drop in the ocean, Koi-san, what does this make me? A speck of morning dew, perhaps," Aimi says, taking over the duties of keeping an eye on the rod as requested, "But perhaps your skilful aid with my hair shall make even this little droplet shine like diamond. I shall gladly take you up on the offer."

She settles back for a few moments, enjoying the contemplative silence. That Koi had been ensnared by the demands of her family once more, that she had lost her chance at happiness as a result... well. What could a ronin say to such things? She would be here for Koi if the other woman wished to unburden her heart and mourn, but beyond that, there was little to be said that would not hurt her with unwelcome memories.

"And yes, I am here for the Miai," she says after a minute or two, "My exploits caught the eye and wit of some crafty matchmaker, and now I am here, where doubtless someone plans to see a proper lady made of me. Or at least to add my skills and gift with the spirits to their Clan. I might almost pity whichever poor soul has been assigned to court me in such a way, for doubtless it will pain them to aim so low when so many of finer breeding can be found in a moment's idle searching."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:46 pm

Koi gave a small glance at Aimi pausing her process of preparing the tea, and sat up. "Aimi, do not under value yourself and your beautiful. You flatter me with kind words when I already remember that you are a beautiful star in the sky that illuminates anyone life that get's the opportunity to know you solely for the better. Your positivity is a blessing all on it's own and my assistance will only make any suitor to have you work for it themselves."

She handed her a small cup with a watery but pleasant barely tea hinted with citrus and mint flavours that was surprisingly refreshing though nothing compared to the tea that could be found within the local tea house.

Koi laughed lowly, twitching the road once or twice but returned it to it's position. "I completely get that, I am also expected to marry for the "betterment" of my Mother's agenda." She smiled as she indicated the onigiri beside them, five neat little balls of perfect rice, perfectly plump and handheld. "Well, at least you won't be alone here. If you need anything or anyone to support, walk around or just talk too my room is always open for your visits."

"Heck, you might end up with me if I have any luck. She mused. "Did you get caught up at the entrance? Guard at the door literally did not recognise my Clan, or have any idea where I was from or how to pronounce my name."

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:01 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:46 pm
Koi gave a small glance at Aimi pausing her process of preparing the tea, and sat up. "Aimi, do not under value yourself and your beautiful. You flatter me with kind words when I already remember that you are a beautiful star in the sky that illuminates anyone life that get's the opportunity to know you solely for the better. Your positivity is a blessing all on it's own and my assistance will only make any suitor to have you work for it themselves."

She handed her a small cup with a watery but pleasant barely tea hinted with citrus and mint flavours that was surprisingly refreshing though nothing compared to the tea that could be found within the local tea house.

Koi laughed lowly, twitching the road once or twice but returned it to it's position. "I completely get that, I am also expected to marry for the "betterment" of my Mother's agenda." She smiled as she indicated the onigiri beside them, five neat little balls of perfect rice, perfectly plump and handheld. "Well, at least you won't be alone here. If you need anything or anyone to support, walk around or just talk too my room is always open for your visits."

"Heck, you might end up with me if I have any luck. She mused. "Did you get caught up at the entrance? Guard at the door literally did not recognise my Clan, or have any idea where I was from or how to pronounce my name."
"Mm," Aimi murmurs softly as she sips the tea, enjoying the subtle taste. "You should be careful there, Koi-san - whatever would people think, if they heard you being so friendly towards a landless wanderer such as myself? Why, oh, the whispers, the scandal. They might even think I have ensorcelled you with my gifts and feminine charm."

She holds a straight face for all of three heartbeats before her expression cracks and she laughs, shaking her head and setting the tea back down.

"And no, I had no troubles at all getting it, thanks to the old ronin trick," she says with a mischievous grin, "I just walked behind someone who looked rich and important and the guard assumed I was part of their entourage."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:09 pm

Aimi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:01 pm
"Mm," Aimi murmurs softly as she sips the tea, enjoying the subtle taste. "You should be careful there, Koi-san - whatever would people think, if they heard you being so friendly towards a landless wanderer such as myself? Why, oh, the whispers, the scandal. They might even think I have ensorcelled you with my gifts and feminine charm."

She holds a straight face for all of three heartbeats before her expression cracks and she laughs, shaking her head and setting the tea back down.

"And no, I had no troubles at all getting it, thanks to the old ronin trick," she says with a mischievous grin, "I just walked behind someone who looked rich and important and the guard assumed I was part of their entourage."
Koi gave Aimi a sly smile, her head tilted so her hair drifted away to allow the sun to catch her vitiligo patch. "I do not believe you are landless, for you travel far and wide seeking stories and adventure to find your place in the world but at night you drift to Yume-do where you dreams lead you to be the same as anyone else within the miari." She shook her head, and smiled before laughing. "I shall resist your feminine charms the best I can, I have great fortitude for feminine charm." She smirked before sipping her drink.

"Ah got to remember that next time." She said twitching the road, and watching it float. "You be safe here, Aimi-san. I know how bushi can be towards Ronin, and I would be heart broken to hear that I will never get to speak to you again should you be harmed."

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:51 pm

"You should look after yourself as well, Koi-san," Aimi says with a brief frown, "Some think of minor clans scarcely more fondly than they do ronin, and there are several of the Seppun family here to attend as well, by all accounts. To get tangled up in the affairs of one so far above their station... there are whole schools of theatre about such things."

She shakes her head after a moment. "Still, the Shika seem serious and committed enough to the defence of all here, and the smooth functioning of the Miai. I suppose all one can do is trust that it will all work out."