[D0 MM] Barbarian at the Gates?

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Kitsu Murato

Re: [D0 MM] Barbarian at the Gates?

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:56 am

"I imagine that is another common Unicorn belief?" Murato asks. "Or is it your own wisdom."

"Indeed what is it we are looking for," he asks the Kaito.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:42 am

She nodded. "Ah... some chamomile, echinacea or dandelions. Thank you two so much." She bowed with utmost respect. "Maybe we can get some mushrooms as well."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:11 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:56 am
"I imagine that is another common Unicorn belief?" Murato asks. "Or is it your own wisdom."
"Such a statement is unlikely to be idioskatic... idiosynkatic... idiosyncric... a personal philosophy within a clan such as the Unicorn. I might have remixed it with my own words instead of using the consecrated expression however. The original quote is likely an oldie from one of the classic travel journals. Maybe one dating as far away as the Ki-Rin exodus. But you would have better luck asking a scholar if you wish to know the who and when."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:19 pm

He nods to the Moto before starting the hunt for herbs. "I think it's a good one. Similar in feeling to journey before destination. We don't learn by being where we already are."

"Do you travel much Kaito-san?"
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:12 pm

"Only to Dragon lands... This is my first time so far south." She nodded. "Moto sama, it is quite amusing to learn new things with new friends. Perhaps we can teach each other things that we dont know." The Kaito tried her best to be polite.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:05 pm

"Sure. First, you will need to teach me what an echinacea is. I don't think it's a plant we have in the steppe. And what it's used for, to sate my own curiosity.

In general, you can take for granted that if a plant or animal is endimack... endimee... native to the eastern half of Rokugan, I have at best superficial knowledge of it. So, likewise, be precise about what mushrooms I should look for if you don't want bad surprises."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:30 pm

"Well, I at least know what chamomile looks like after it's been dried, though I'm also not familiar with the others," he agrees with the Moto.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:57 pm

She nodded a few time. "Of course... Echinacea is like a mix of a dandelion and a chamomile. The center looks like a dandelion and the petals are like the chamomile just a bit larger." She explained about the odd flower. "As for mushrooms the elephant ears would suffice."
Smells like flowers

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:21 pm

Mushrooms were not something he was familiar with, but he could just not collect any and focus on the others. "Sounds good."

"So, do you tend a specific shrine or temple?" he asked the Kaito.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:14 pm

The Kaito nodded to the Lion. "Hai, the temple of the Water Dragon in the Phoenix lands." She started to look around for the flowers. "I am an apprentice healer and protector of the temple. The head mistress of the temple sent me here."
Smells like flowers