[D0 MM] Barbarian at the Gates?

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Moto Mitsuki

Re: [D0 MM] Barbarian at the Gates?

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:18 pm

"My lord once sent me, with four fellow riders, to take over a camp guarded by twenty warriors because, in their own words: I know you can find a way to do it. They were right of course, just saying that I wouldn't assume that's because it's a situation that I can handle it's without dangers. Not physical ones in that case, or so I hope, but issues to be wary of nonetheless.

Hopefully, my prudence will be unneeded. But it's better to blow on something cold."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:21 pm

"I hope that it will be unneeded as well," he says with a nod. "And in fact hope that the entire event proves enjoyable and beneficial to you, Moto-san."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:23 pm

"This may be a different battle field... one that not many know how to trek... With a bit of luck..." She saw a four leaf clover and she picked it up. "one can find what it is for one." She placed the clover on her hair.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:07 pm

"In other news, do you how far exactly we are from the city Kaito-sama? The thickness of the woods and the twists of the path make gauging the distance left quite difficult."
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:18 pm

Zeno nods his agreement. He had enjoyed traveling with Mitsuki, but a bath sounded pretty amazing.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:43 pm

"Moto sama...." She nodded as she made a movement that may look like she is knocking an arrow and shooting it. "I do not need to know the many nuisances but the general direction. The arrow knows the way." She smiled. "That is enough for me."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:54 pm

If all archers of the Phoenix considered shooting an arrow in the approximate direction of the target was good enough, it was no wonder Mitsuki had never heard anyone praising the Phoenix bowpeople.

But it was too early in the day and in their stay for such snarky remark, so she kept it for herself.

"Where an arrow can go through in a straight line, a fully grown woman and her horse might have a hard time squeezing through. And Avel might be quick, but even him isn't quicker than a flying arrow.

So... How long by following the road on foot?"

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:13 pm

He smiled at that. "I don't know. I think a few times on the trip I saw him running fast enough to outpace an arrow. Though I may just be bad at estimating speed."

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:56 pm

The Kaito touched the clover in her hair. "It is up to you if you wish to run or walk... If you are asking how long to the Phoenix land from here about... 3 days north maybe more... depending on the means." The Kaito was a bit confused.
Smells like flowers

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:29 pm

He smirked. "The Shika castle. We're just getting in," Murato clarified. "Must be close if you are out here collecting herbs, but we haven't been there yet."