[Day 0, Early Morning] What's This? (Open)

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Aimi

Re: [Day 0, Early Morning] What's This? (Open)

Post by Aimi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:32 pm

Aimi blinks, slowly.

"You... are eating the mushrooms around here?" She tilts her head, "Please tell me you didn't touch the ones with the little red spots on the cups."
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:32 pm

"Oh no, not those, those aren't good to eat. Just these." She holds out a deeply red mushroom with a vaguely trumpet shaped cap. "They taste very good! Rather like a very sweet mochi! Don't worry, I have some to share. They're good dried as well!"
Aimi wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:32 pm
"You... are eating the mushrooms around here?" She tilts her head, "Please tell me you didn't touch the ones with the little red spots on the cups."
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:44 am
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:34 am
"Hello... Dragon-san. I'm Shiba Raizo. The musically-inclined fellow is Kitsu Moshumaru, and the charming lady is one Aimi."
"Indeed, Shiba-san speaks true. I believe you said your name was... Inoshishi-san, was it?"
Inoshishi bows deeply to each samurai in turn. While her dirty face and collection of mushrooms suggested she was more than a little...off, her bow is right out of a Dragon courtier dojo: sincere, respectful, and oddly demure for a clan that loves tattoos and other odd displays.

"Yes, Agasha Inoshishi, at your service. I haven't checked in at the gate, have you? There was a lot of noise, so I figured I'd get some breakfast before I go there. Is this your first time here? It's my first time here. I was recently in Centipede lands, and wow, they are so different! So many fascinating stories about lady sun. What about you all, is this your first time here? Are you having fun in the forest? I love forests. I hope whoever they pair me up with loves forests. And stories. And fireworks."

She may be the fastest speaker you've ever encountered. Certainly among the most enthusiastic.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:37 pm

I've been in actual fights that involved less... rapid assault.

"Just got here myself. Forest seems nice. A'course, they were also pretty keen to warn me not to wander off the path."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:04 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:37 pm
"Just got here myself. Forest seems nice. A'course, they were also pretty keen to warn me not to wander off the path."
If only she could turn her rapid speech into an effective Shuji, she would be a formidable courtier.

"Pssh, they always say that! And sometimes, I grant you, it's warranted. Like when the Togashi say that on the way to the High House of Light, you gotta stay on the path cause it's a loooong way down. I've heard there's a lot of mountains in Phoenix lands too, so maybe stay on the path there. But when you're in a nice forest like this one, full of mushrooms and squirrels and all the green, what's the harm in doing a little exploring? I love exploring. Once I explored the Uebe Marshes because the Scorpion said there were samurai living there and that they'd tell me interesting stories, but they didn't because I couldn't find them!

She pauses expectantly, apparently believing she's left an obvious path to continue the conversation. Of course, it's not actually there. Or if it is, it's well concealed.
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:12 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:04 pm
She pauses expectantly, apparently believing she's left an obvious path to continue the conversation. Of course, it's not actually there. Or if it is, it's well concealed.
...She liked stories, it seems.

"...Okay. So if I may, are you here for the Miai, Agasha-san? If so,"

Mentally he braced in case he accidentally caused some grave insult or triggered some dark compulsion from the enthusiastic dragon,

"...What is the story that brings you to it?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:16 pm

Oh you poor silly Lion, now you've gone and done it.
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:27 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:12 pm
"...What is the story that brings you to it?"
“Weeeell…it’s kind of a long story? But basically, my daimyo thinks I can serve my clan best by making connections outside the clan! After all, I’ve been all the way to the Wall, drunk sake with the Ikoma, seen the Scorpion cities down the Spine of the World, and even made friends among the Centipede! And I don’t really care who I marry as long as it’s a nice match and as long as they like stories and also fireworks. I love fireworks do you like fireworks? Sometimes I found it if you burn things that can change colors and then the fire can be really interesting. What kind of story brought you here?”

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:35 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:27 am
“Weeeell…it’s kind of a long story? But basically, my daimyo thinks I can serve my clan best by making connections outside the clan! After all, I’ve been all the way to the Wall, drunk sake with the Ikoma, seen the Scorpion cities down the Spine of the World, and even made friends among the Centipede! And I don’t really care who I marry as long as it’s a nice match and as long as they like stories and also fireworks. I love fireworks do you like fireworks? Sometimes I found it if you burn things that can change colors and then the fire can be really interesting. What kind of story brought you here?”
That was... less than he was expecting, but still quite a mouthful. That said, cutting down to the crucial information and question, he formulated his reply.

"I was also sent here to make connections. I work as a writer for the Records of the Fallen with Ikoma libraries."
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:41 pm

Heeeeeey, he's a writer, she's addicted to stories. Bang. Let's marry them off.

Raizo had to stifle an evil grin at the thought.
Remember to Breathe