[D14, EA]Hide and Seek (Expecting/Open)

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D14, EA]Hide and Seek (Expecting/Open)

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:09 am

"Do either of you know the first thing about sailing?"
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:19 am

"Nope! But I can walk on water."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:23 am

"So there is nothing I can say or do?" He had to will himself not to cry, but he was getting better at it.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:25 am

"Soyokaze, I'm... touched that you want us to go with you. Truly. But are the Unicorn going to throw open their family names for a pair of ronin on the say-so of some guy who just married in? Especially when one of them is a former Phoenix who walked away from his prior fealty for purely personal reasons? Think how my situation will look to some older type in any Clan. A spoiled child who broke his vows when he didn't get his way."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:32 am

It was taking everything he had not to cry now. "Why? Why does it have to be this way? Why wasn't I good enough?"
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:41 am

"Allow me to repeat the words of wisdom from Tessho... deserve has nothing to do with it. I think you would have made Oubaihime a wonderful husband. I think you would have made a wonderful Phoenix. I think Aimi would have made a wonderful Phoenix. Those are all things I would say deserved to happen. But they didn't."

He gave the Crane a bit of a squeeze with the arm still draped around his shoulder.

"I think your father is both an idiot and a monster. I think the Deer are a clan I'll never be able to do anything but hate. And I think they'll continue to prosper despite any ideas of justice or fairness we might have. It has nothing to do with you not being good enough, and everything to do with the world being a generally shitty and unfair place. They like to leave that out of their plays and pillow-books and poems, but it's just the basic fact."

He paused.

"I'll mention your idea to Aimi. I'll follow her lead until the stars burn out, so if she likes it, it'll happen."
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:58 am

"Good, you keep saying she is smarter than you so whatever she decides is probably right. I'm leaving in the morning, if you are coming be there at first light. if not..." The turned and fully embraced his friend. "Know that you are loved Raizo of the Waves."

And when they released he stood and said. "now, we are out of shochu and I need to piss."
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:02 am

"That does tend to happen when you hit the bottle like it owes you money."

Raizo grinned.

"And you, Asahina-for-now Soyokaze... anyone gives you trouble, just remember, hit 'em in the balls and kick 'em while they're down until i can get there, all right?"
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:21 am

Soyokaze turned to walk back to the nearest path back to town. "Now go find your bride and be happy." and there was a smile in his voice.

/scene?
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:22 am

[/Scene!]
Remember to Breathe