[D13EA] Aligning oneself (Expecting)

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Moto Mitsuki

[D13EA] Aligning oneself (Expecting)

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:40 pm

It started with divination under the stars, it will soon conclude with divination under the stars. Was the fact that for all her time here she seemingly ended where she began a sign in itself?

In all cases, she needed to find back her focus after the sudden animation of yesterday. Sat on a heavy carpet atop the ground of her favorite clearing, next to a pile of rocks that was now not exactly impressive, but did grow up quite a bit since the first day, she attempted to reflect on all that happened so far.

Between her legs lied an open casket with physical mementos of all the recent developments, that she sometimes looked at to help guide her thoughts on a particular matter. Sometimes she would close her eyes and listen to the forest around instead. Sometimes she would simply stare into the void as her brain processed thoughts.

She was thinking. She was mediating. She was waiting.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Suzume Senseki

Re: [D13EA] Aligning oneself (Expecting)

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:12 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:40 pm
It started with divination under the stars, it will soon conclude with divination under the stars. Was the fact that for all her time here she seemingly ended where she began a sign in itself?

In all cases, she needed to find back her focus after the sudden animation of yesterday. Sat on a heavy carpet atop the ground of her favorite clearing, next to a pile of rocks that was now not exactly impressive, but did grow up quite a bit since the first day, she attempted to reflect on all that happened so far.

Between her legs lied an open casket with physical mementos of all the recent developments, that she sometimes looked at to help guide her thoughts on a particular matter. Sometimes she would close her eyes and listen to the forest around instead. Sometimes she would simply stare into the void as her brain processed thoughts.

She was thinking. She was mediating. She was waiting.
As had happened a number of times in these two weeks, she would hear slow, soft footsteps coming closer. Before reaching too close, the footsteps stop, and she hears a deep breath.

The Suzume certainly spoke too much in some situations, but as she would know by now, not in all - and he wouldn't want to interrupt her in such an important, intimate moment. So the only thing she'll hear, for now, are deep breaths, one after another, and, now and then, a shifting of his feet - as he looked up to the sky, then at different parts of the forest, then at the shrine which by now he was not only used to, but also seemed to enjoy.

OOC:
I'll throw an agenda roll here later, rolling it now before dayflip but I'll plug it here in one of the next posts :)
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:55 pm

Mitsuki opened her eyes and smiled:

"Hello Suzume-san. Did you come to add your own item to the box?"
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:31 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:55 pm
Mitsuki opened her eyes and smiled:

"Hello Suzume-san. Did you come to add your own item to the box?"
The Suzume gave her a small, but pleased smile as well. "Oh... my people is more used to taking stories as mementos instead of items, Moto-sama... but..."

He looks around for something he could use. It wasn't much, but it was definitely fitting. He extended his hands and got some twigs that seemed appropriate, then started to weave them in a simple pattern.

"I do think the story will make a better gift though", he says with a weak grin. Then, nodding towards the shrine. "It's filled its purpose, it seems, ne? And... started a tradition, maybe?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:08 am

Mitsuki laughed:

"Sure. I wasn't expecting you to actually give me anything.

It's just that I found this this morning..."

She picked from the casket...
A delicately carved wooden bracelet made beads that have been polished smooth, laced through with purple, white and gold string and a small Unicorn token. The bracelets smell freshly made, and recently dried. A lot of time went into making them.
... and showed it to the Sparrow.

"... And I have absolutely no idea who gifted it to me, and why they didn't just give it to me in person. Apparently, someone who forgot I'm not a highly-trained courtier able to understand the significance of an item and ten hidden meanings behind it in a glimpse.

The other items are not nearly as mysterious, and most of them aren't as much gifts as they are things I acquired as a result of talking to people. Lion calligraphy, Deer makeup, that kind of things."

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:01 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:08 am
Mitsuki laughed:

"Sure. I wasn't expecting you to actually give me anything.

It's just that I found this this morning..."

She picked from the casket...
A delicately carved wooden bracelet made beads that have been polished smooth, laced through with purple, white and gold string and a small Unicorn token. The bracelets smell freshly made, and recently dried. A lot of time went into making them.
... and showed it to the Sparrow.

"... And I have absolutely no idea who gifted it to me, and why they didn't just give it to me in person. Apparently, someone who forgot I'm not a highly-trained courtier able to understand the significance of an item and ten hidden meanings behind it in a glimpse.

The other items are not nearly as mysterious, and most of them aren't as much gifts as they are things I acquired as a result of talking to people. Lion calligraphy, Deer makeup, that kind of things."
"Ah!", the Sparrow exclaims, not quite as surprised with the bracelet as he was with the other things. He then pulls his left sleeve a bit, showing a similar bracelet, although the colours and the token were different. "I think this may have been the Shika's work?"

Then, looking at the items.

"That is quite a collection you've got there, though! Seems like Moto-sama has many a memory to take home from here. Hopefully... good ones?", he adds with a smile. "I am hoping to have that, regardless of... whatever - or whoever - else we leave here besides, ne?"

"On that... has Moto-sama any particular expectations of the Shika, now that we've been here for two weeks?"

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:31 pm

"No. Idea. At. All. If the Shika have dropped hints, they've been lost in the translation from courtly euphemisms to desert speech.

I guess marrying me to a Crane would make sense in the current state of alliances, but that's very much a wild guess.

Better luck on your side?"

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:35 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:31 pm
"No. Idea. At. All. If the Shika have dropped hints, they've been lost in the translation from courtly euphemisms to desert speech.

I guess marrying me to a Crane would make sense in the current state of alliances, but that's very much a wild guess.

Better luck on your side?"
Two nods to her, one of understanding, one of confirmation.

"Un... a marriage based on alliances would make sense, I suppose.", he says, somewhat uncertain. As important as political marriages were, the Shika seemed to care about other things as well... but maybe if that's what they thought best for a particular person?

"I... had meant Moto-sama's expectations", he adds with a bashful smile, but soon shakes that off.

"On my side... well, I've come to expect something.... I've found a number of people I'd easily call friends here in the future, and one..."

He looks down for a while, then away to the trees for another moment before looking back at her.

"And one I believe I may.... care for. Although that may be a dangerous thought..."