Odd birds (D13, MA, Expecting)

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Suzume Senseki

Odd birds (D13, MA, Expecting)

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:09 am

Two days had gone by since the last meeting with Ame-kun... and judging by how the weather changed, the friendly child might have decided to take its playing to other places. Or maybe they were just quiet for a few days, it was hard for Senseki to say.

One way or another, he'd asked Kaito-sama if she'd mind for another short trip through the Aokami forest... especially as it might be the last chance to do so, considering the festival that very likely signalled the end of their time here.

So the Sparrow paced around the outside of the castle slowly as usual, hat on his head, dust on his hakama, as he waited for his company to yet another excursion to the woods.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Kaito Oubaihime

Re: Odd birds (D13, MA, Expecting)

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:37 am

The Kaito walked to the forest to meet the Suzume. "Ah... Suzume sama I hope Inari has blessed you today. "
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:50 am

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:37 am
The Kaito walked to the forest to meet the Suzume. "Ah... Suzume sama I hope Inari has blessed you today. "
"Indeed they have, Kaito-sama", he answers with a low bow to her as she arrives. Then, looking up. "It has been a most pleasant day, hasn't it? I... hope you've been well, with... everything?"

Then, looking at the forest.

"I wonder if Ame-kun is still around... well, shall we?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:07 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:50 am
Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:37 am
"Indeed they have, Kaito-sama", he answers with a low bow to her as she arrives. Then, looking up. "It has been a most pleasant day, hasn't it? I... hope you've been well, with... everything?"

Then, looking at the forest.

"I wonder if Ame-kun is still around... well, shall we?"
"Hai... but I think they may have gone to a better place." the Priestess followed the Suzume in the woods. "The letting up of the rain seems to bring a better spring tha one might think."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:49 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:07 pm
"Hai... but I think they may have gone to a better place." the Priestess followed the Suzume in the woods. "The letting up of the rain seems to bring a better spring tha one might think."
He gives her a contented nod. "The last two days seem to bring the promise of other pleasant ones, that's true. I... hope Ame-kun found safety and fun, wherever he went too, though.

A look towards the path they'd follow and he looks back at her.

"As to the other matters... the bridge, more specifically. Has Kaito-sama found a safe way to cross it, I hope?", he asks with a friendly, calm voice as he starts to walk.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:07 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:49 pm
Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:07 pm
He gives her a contented nod. "The last two days seem to bring the promise of other pleasant ones, that's true. I... hope Ame-kun found safety and fun, wherever he went too, though.

A look towards the path they'd follow and he looks back at her.

"As to the other matters... the bridge, more specifically. Has Kaito-sama found a safe way to cross it, I hope?", he asks with a friendly, calm voice as he starts to walk.
"Hai... the water seem calm and the fight has receded." She smiled "The flower has been transplanted and well the two creatures have opened the space for this one to cross. To which side this one still wonders."
Smells like flowers

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:10 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:07 pm
"Hai... the water seem calm and the fight has receded." She smiled "The flower has been transplanted and well the two creatures have opened the space for this one to cross. To which side this one still wonders."
He smiled as well as they started making their way inside the forest. "That calms my heart, Kaito-sama. I know it's been little, only hiking and shared work at the temple... but this one has come to think of Kaito-sama as a friend. I hope it doesn't trouble you. But then, as a result... it makes me very glad to see you more peaceful."

A look up before he set his eyes to the ground they were treading again. "Even if there's still a hard path ahead. Leaving one margin to go towards the other is never easy or painless, ne?"

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:33 pm

She nodded. "Pain is what makes us human Suzume sama." The Kaito saw a echinacea flower and picked it up. "It is up to us to how we will deal with it."
Smells like flowers

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:39 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:33 pm
She nodded. "Pain is what makes us human Suzume sama." The Kaito saw a echinacea flower and picked it up. "It is up to us to how we will deal with it."
The look the Sparrow turned to the flower as he nodded in answer was one of thoughtfulness and awe.

"Those are wise words, Kaito-sama." Another slight nod and a smile blossoming on his face despite his attempts to keep serious. "I'm glad I've had the chance to meet you here, friend."

He diverts his eyes to the forest around. "I suppose learning to live and learn from pain will be an important of all our lives - perhaps more so as we grow older."

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:13 pm

"Living is all that our lords want, the lessons taught by pain will make us stronger." She smiled. "I am glad to be called friend."
Smells like flowers