[Day 13, Mid-Morning] Losing It (Open)

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 13, Mid-Morning] Losing It (Open)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:21 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:14 pm
The Suzume nods, thoughtfully... and slightly worried, maybe.

"Hm. Given the Shika's reputation, I would tend to trust their judgment... but then stories and reality are never the same thing. And which stories are told is obviously a choice of the storyteller. Hm..."

He looks at the Shiba.

"I wonder, though... has Shiba-san's heart on the whole event changed at all? I remember you were rather sceptical when we first spoke."

Some silence.

"Putting it another way... would Shiba-san say the event has changed you in any way?"
"No."

He shrugged.

"I've had no great revelations about who I am, and I've seen nothing to alter my general perception of things here."

It seemed a bit brutal to crush the question so thoroughly, but Raizo saw no point in politely lying about it either.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:29 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:21 pm
"No."

He shrugged.

"I've had no great revelations about who I am, and I've seen nothing to alter my general perception of things here."

It seemed a bit brutal to crush the question so thoroughly, but Raizo saw no point in politely lying about it either.
The Sparrow nodded, then fell silent for a long while, just walking besides the Phoenix.

He seemed to keep thinking about the man's answer as they walked, a sideways glance thrown at him indicating his doubts. Had the time there changed nothing at all for him, then?

Well, it was possible. Perhaps Raizo was so calloused by a duty he didn't like he wasn't very open to change.

After a long time, he finally spoke again. "So... there's nothing you expect when this comes to an end, either, Shiba-sama?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:35 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:29 pm
The Sparrow nodded, then fell silent for a long while, just walking besides the Phoenix.

He seemed to keep thinking about the man's answer as they walked, a sideways glance thrown at him indicating his doubts. Had the time there changed nothing at all for him, then?

Well, it was possible. Perhaps Raizo was so calloused by a duty he didn't like he wasn't very open to change.

After a long time, he finally spoke again. "So... there's nothing you expect when this comes to an end, either, Shiba-sama?"
"I have hopes. I don't have expectations. And I've spent most of my life getting used to disappointment, so who knows? Maybe they'll shock me be not doing it. Maybe they'll make me snap. I can't say for sure."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:31 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:35 pm
"I have hopes. I don't have expectations. And I've spent most of my life getting used to disappointment, so who knows? Maybe they'll shock me be not doing it. Maybe they'll make me snap. I can't say for sure."
A nod. "Expectations are dangerous, I've come to learn. And yet, can we live without them?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:25 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:31 pm
A nod. "Expectations are dangerous, I've come to learn. And yet, can we live without them?"
"I've managed so far."
Remember to Breathe

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:57 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:25 pm
"I've managed so far."
"Hm". Senseki kept quiet for a long time after that. Perhaps the Shiba had reached some of that peace the monks taught about, now and then?

Perhaps he was just trying to convince himself that he had no expectations?

It was hard to tell... and easier to walk in silence.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:05 am

Raizo didn't seem to mind the silence. He walked along with a steady stride.

Say what you would about Shiba Raizo, he knew how to march.
Remember to Breathe