(D13, ME) The Stars Between

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Kuni Yasu

(D13, ME) The Stars Between

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:39 am

The clear weather, the festival first, and whatever tests the Deer have for them after, all make for a lovely and busy evening. With a bit of time between, it's a perfect time to wander the forest at night without clouds overhead and rain pattering endlessly down.

Yasu's dressed in her nicest kimono. In the dark, the grey picks up what little light there is, and her face is a stark white with her dark eyes entirely unreadable.

Her body language, on the other hand, is all too clear as they hurry to the edge of the forest, laughter ringing among the trees. "You wouldn't?!" The laughter laced through Yasu's voice makes the chiding less than convincing.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Re: (D13, ME) The Stars Between

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:49 am

A large shape moves behind the Crab dressed in his nicest kimono as well, which is to say it has no holes or patches and fits mostly right. The big bear of an Otter sweeps up behind her lifting Yasu into the air and spinning her around with little effort as his own deep, rich laugh joined hers

"Oh I absolutely would! You know I have no shame Su-chan!" he says with a wide smile as he held her aloft for a moment smiling up at her stark white face and looking deep into those dark eyes of hers.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:32 am

Yasu's laugh only gets louder as she throws her arms around his neck, one sandal flying off against a tree. "None at all! And now I'll have a muddy sock for their stargazing or whatever tonight." She swings her foot slowly so as to avoid upsetting his balance searching his eyes, darker than usual with only a bit of moon to warm them. The same light catches just a glint off of her eyes, the dark paint of her lips stands out against all the white, her smile easy to see.

"Tana-kun," she murmurs. "I...we shouldn't be all smeared paint when we get to the event, right?" Her tone is chiding and challenging and warm, fingers laced along the back of his neck.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:12 am

Tanabe's wide grin was mischievous and warm all at once "Oh Su-chan, we shouldn't but we certainly cooouulld," he said chuckling.

Tanabe paused though and gave her a questioning look and his face came closer to hers while his voice pitched somewhat lower "Do you have the tools to fix it? If I were to make a bit of a mess?" he asked softly, forehead almost touching hers.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:43 am

"Hmm..so long as it's not too much of a mess?" Her lips brush his gently, "There's no mirrors out here and all. But what'll you clean up with out here? Leaves and moss?"

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:04 am

He pressed his lips against hers a bit more firmly his arms squeezing her slightly in a hug. As they separated he chuckled "I will make due, us Otter are very resourceful. I can make due, some leaves will be big enough possibly moss if we find the right kinds around." He said lightly as he slowly set her down hos arms unwrapping from her but hands resting on her hips.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:15 am

She happily returns the kiss, leaving a smear of red behind. As he lowers her, she balances on the one, sandaled foot, resting her hands on his shoulders for balance. "My pragmatic Otter." She rubs some of the paint from his lips with her thumb.

"The moth festival is...interesting. Not the same feel as Tanabata, but, at least here, kind of romantic?"

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:59 pm

Tanabe sees her on one foot and shakes his head "Oh yes, your sandal! I forgot. Sometimes my mind blanks when we kiss." He says with a chuckle as he sweeps her up again this time cradling her "did you see or hear which way it went love?" He asked looking around the immediate area then down to her.

As they search for the sandal he remarks "Oh yes seems very interesting haven't heard about it before but it was nice. People seemed to be having a good time which I think we all need with the stress of selections tomorrow."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:10 pm

Her expression shifts a bit with talk of the pairings to be announced. A touch worried, then turning in his arms to interrupt him with a fiercely determined kiss. "I believe Musubi, and the Deer, can't fail to have seen that we belong together. But the distraction and a bit of entertainment was really nice."

She points in the general direction her sandal flew. "Beside the tree there, I"m pretty sure. I'd have hopped over on your arm you know? No need to keep proving you can pick me up and toss me wherever you'd like."

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:10 am

Tanabe returns the kiss just as fierce just as determined "Just trusting in the Deer and believing that feeling in my heart is Musubi blessing our match." he said with a smile to her that radiated warmth and comfort.

Tanabe chuckled though at her statement "Yes but carrying you is easy enough and then you don't have to hop all around." he grinned to her "Plus this way I get to hold you which is always fun, so its a bit of a win-win situation.