[D11LA] An auspicious encounter (Open)

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Moto Mitsuki

Re: [D11LA] An auspicious encounter (Open)

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:58 pm

If the snake was pleased by the offering, it was extremely subtle in showing it, not having seemingly moved by a single inch.

As for Mitsuki, she seemed unfazed by the reveal of the gloomy life occupation of the Kitsu:

"I know the word, but I'm not sure what it covers exactly, and how it differs from an eulogy or from a chronicle retracing the life of a past person. Due to the vastness of the Burning Sands, the news of someone's death can take months to reach Khanbulak by word of mouth before finally being registered on paper, so details of the procedure are lost to me."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:16 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:58 pm
If the snake was pleased by the offering, it was extremely subtle in showing it, not having seemingly moved by a single inch.

As for Mitsuki, she seemed unfazed by the reveal of the gloomy life occupation of the Kitsu:

"I know the word, but I'm not sure what it covers exactly, and how it differs from an eulogy or from a chronicle retracing the life of a past person. Due to the vastness of the Burning Sands, the news of someone's death can take months to reach Khanbulak by word of mouth before finally being registered on paper, so details of the procedure are lost to me."
The Kitsu, while unable to register the snake's response, thought on

"I think a combination of eulogy and a chronicle is a good way to describe it. Usually I would speak with the family, peers and seniors of the recently deceased in order to create an honourable, honest and compassionate final record which is available for generations to come."
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:52 pm

Mitsuki nodded:

"A worthy endeavor. To reach that many people, I guess you must spend a great deal of your time on the road then?"
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:19 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:52 pm
Mitsuki nodded:

"A worthy endeavor. To reach that many people, I guess you must spend a great deal of your time on the road then?"
"Indeed - while mostly I work within the Lion lands, my Lord sees fit for me to spend time helping other clans."

His eyes glossed over, looking well beyond the snake and into... what?

"Sometimes too much time."
PM if thread desired

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:54 pm

"Seems like you have an issue with your lord. On the other hand, a lot of samurai would kill for such freedom of movement through the Empire."

Mitsuki took her storyteller voice:

"There's a story that goes like this:

Once there were two twins.

One was cursed to never remain in one place, to be always on the move. They envied their sibling for their stability, that they could plan long-term and grow and bloom like a flower deeply rooted in the ground.

One was cursed to always remain in the same place, to be a prisoner within their home town. They envied their sibling for their mobility, that they would always discover new lands, new people, live in perpetual change and wonder.

One day, their curses were switched by a tricky god.

At first, both were amazed.

Quickly though, they started regretting their previous life, and were now blaming the other twin for what they used to disdain and now desired."

The snake ignored the story as it had ignored everything to this point.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:33 pm

The Kitsu nodded at the story, but continued to look forlorn.

"There is much wisdom in what you say, Moto-san, but my problem is not with my lord. It is more that the time required can vary from mere days to... months. When grief is involved and you have to be around the grieving for a long time, the work can be draining sometimes."
PM if thread desired

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:00 pm

"Oh."

Mitsuki looked again at the snake to hide her embarrassed expression born from having completely misread the hints. The snake did not comment.

"Indeed, this sounds like a delicate situation, of the kind that puts up a lot of pressure on the mind and the soul. How do you manage to cope with it? Meditation? Immersing yourself in your work?"

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:45 pm

"Who says I did?"
PM if thread desired

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:28 pm

"Samurai carry a razor-edged blade with them at all time. As grim as it sounds, if you haven't developed some way to deal with the stress, we wouldn't have this conversation.

That or you're very good-looking for a ghost."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:44 pm

The Kitsu conceded.

"Good point. As for how I coped - mostly it was geisha houses and physical encounters. Unbecoming, I know, but such was the price that I needed to pay for accepting so much grief."

Hold on - did she just call him pretty?
PM if thread desired