Senseki is up!
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Suzume Senseki

Re: Green skies, leaf blades (D11, EE)

Post by Suzume Senseki » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:47 am

Saibankan wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:30 am
Senseki is up!
Without ever taking his eyes off the Mirumoto, the Sparrow roots his feet on the ground again, and then finally jumps into action, taking one of the bokken from its 'sheathed' position to what should be a precise strike to the side of Haruhi's chest with one, fluid motion...

... now would that be a good enough draw for the experienced Dragon?

OOC:
Ah... another question, sorry - Re-reading Rising Blade as I'm using it now - I *think* the extra success does *not* cause more damage, as unlike with Crossing Blade that's not referenced in the writeup?
("If you succeed, you deal physical damage to the target equal to the weapon’s deadliness. Your target cannot defend against this damage if they are Compromised" in Rising blade vs "If you succeed, you deal physical damage to the target equal to the weapon’s deadliness plus your bonus successes" in Crossing Blade).
If that's right, Senseki should be at 2/8 endurance, with 3 damage - 1 resistance... right?

Then! Senseki's turn
Switch to Earth stance
Action: Iaijutsu Cut, Rising Blade! TN equal to Haruhi's Vigilance... I'll assume 3? TN is reduced by 1 due to Void opportunity from last round!

D11 EE - Practice duel vs Haruhi; Iaijutsu Cut - Rising Blade! Earth/ Melee, TN equal to Haruhi's Vigilance (2 or 3?). Dice with 1 Opp and 1 Success focused ready to use! | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image
2Success symbol/ 2Opportunity symbol/ 0Strife symbol.
2Success symbol should be enough to hit her if her Vigilance is 2 (down to 1 due to opp from last round) or 3 (down to 2 due to opp from last round)
2Opportunity symbol: used to inflict a critical strike, as apparently Iaijutsu Cuts can do that!

At end of round:
Endurance: 2/8 (assuming what I asked above is correct!)
Composure: 3/10
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:54 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:47 am
Saibankan wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:30 am
Senseki is up!
Without ever taking his eyes off the Mirumoto, the Sparrow roots his feet on the ground again, and then finally jumps into action, taking one of the bokken from its 'sheathed' position to what should be a precise strike to the side of Haruhi's chest with one, fluid motion...

... now would that be a good enough draw for the experienced Dragon?

OOC:
Ah... another question, sorry - Re-reading Rising Blade as I'm using it now - I *think* the extra success does *not* cause more damage, as unlike with Crossing Blade that's not referenced in the writeup?
("If you succeed, you deal physical damage to the target equal to the weapon’s deadliness. Your target cannot defend against this damage if they are Compromised" in Rising blade vs "If you succeed, you deal physical damage to the target equal to the weapon’s deadliness plus your bonus successes" in Crossing Blade).
If that's right, Senseki should be at 2/8 endurance, with 3 damage - 1 resistance... right?

Then! Senseki's turn
Switch to Earth stance
Action: Iaijutsu Cut, Rising Blade! TN equal to Haruhi's Vigilance... I'll assume 3? TN is reduced by 1 due to Void opportunity from last round!

D11 EE - Practice duel vs Haruhi; Iaijutsu Cut - Rising Blade! Earth/ Melee, TN equal to Haruhi's Vigilance (2 or 3?). Dice with 1 Opp and 1 Success focused ready to use! | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image
2Success symbol/ 2Opportunity symbol/ 0Strife symbol.
2Success symbol should be enough to hit her if her Vigilance is 2 (down to 1 due to opp from last round) or 3 (down to 2 due to opp from last round)
2Opportunity symbol: used to inflict a critical strike, as apparently Iaijutsu Cuts can do that!

At end of round:
Endurance: 2/8 (assuming what I asked above is correct!)
Composure: 3/10
The Sparrow's strike was inbound, he'd seen it in his mind how this was going to connect....but he had forgotten Haruhi's talk about her other hand!

The short blade came, up turning the sparrow's blade, but would it be able to turn it enough?

Way of the Dragon (School Ability): Senseki has to reroll one of those successes. If he gets a succcess, it'll hit and trigger but if it doesn't he'll miss!
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:10 am

With his mind completely focused on the strike, Sensekei had forgotten about the other hand... but not completely. As his bokken moved closer to her, he saw her hands moving and the words in their conversation came rushing back to his mind. Attack and defence, not one or the other.

He suddenly knew that he had to expect... something.

Of course... knowing that, and knowing how to actually react to it were very different things. But he focused, made the best of his strong, steady stance... and shifted the other bokken in his left hand, if only slightly, to get in the way of the shorter sword he now felt would try to intercept his strike.

It was very close. Had he reacted a split-second later, Haruhi would have deflected his blow and left him open to a quick, probably decisive counter-attack. But her words some days before had taken root, and his two hands worked together, for attack and defence.

This was an exhilarating duel, he felt, a smile widening on his face even as he finished the steady, firm strike.

OOC:
D11 EE - Practice Duel with Haruhi; rerolling die with success due to Way of the Dragon! | TN: 1 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0

Replacing Success symbol die with Success symbol :D

Phew! This was kinda complex, but fun!
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Mirumoto Haruhi

Post by Mirumoto Haruhi » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:20 am

Fortunately, the strike didn't hurt her that badly. It did signal to her the end of the duel...and of certain doubts.

She bowed to the Sparrow.

"I have to admit, Suzume-san, you're very good. It was an honor to witness your style." she said.
Dragon Clan * Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Shall we continue Kakita and Mirumoto's conversation then?"

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:39 am

Mirumoto Haruhi wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:20 am
Fortunately, the strike didn't hurt her that badly. It did signal to her the end of the duel...and of certain doubts.

She bowed to the Sparrow.

"I have to admit, Suzume-san, you're very good. It was an honor to witness your style." she said.
"You honour me too much with your words, Mirumoto-sama", he answered, now with a very restrained smile again as he bowed to her as well. "But I thank you kindly! So was it to witness your style in practice. It could easily have gone differently. Thank you for another lesson - and for your company, again", he added.

After they were both straightened and the moment of calm that followed, his eyes shifted to the Dragon again for a moment - maybe making sure the strike hadn't inadvertently hurt her too much, maybe... assessing something else.

After a long silence, he nodded to her. "I... have had some thoughts about something since I first met you, Mirumoto-sama. How much our people may actually have in common without noticing it. I wonder... perhaps our songs also share something in common?"

He starts singing a slow, soothing melody, the words to which tell of a sparrow that scans the land for grain or weeds, but finds only fragrant, juicy fruit... which it finds too noble for its humble tastes. In the end, it turns its little head from the ground to the sky, and finds its nourishment there.

It's a simple, but pleasant song, and it's followed by a long silence as Senseki just enjoys the moment and the company.

OOC:
D11 EE - Agenda vs Mirumoto Haruhi for Session 4. Performance/Earth TN 2 | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image
2Success symbol grants 1 agenda point;
1Opportunity symbol used to sooth Haruhi, removing 2 strife from her :)
1Strife symbol taken

Composure at the end of the scene: 4/10