(D10, EA, Expecting) Otters Like it Wet

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Asahina Bo

(D10, EA, Expecting) Otters Like it Wet

Post by Asahina Bo » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:04 pm

The umbrella the inn staff had provided would do little to cover Bo's bulk but, thankfully, he had never been much of one to be bothered by the elements. As such he held it so that it helped cover the smaller Otter walking with him as thoroughly as it could. One suited for intrigue, or at least thinking ahead, might have used that as an excuse to draw the other closer to him and, while it had the same effect, Bo, while not oblivious to the nearness of her presence, had not planned on such.
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Usogawa Narumi

Re: (D10, EA, Expecting) Otters Like it Wet

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:02 pm

Staying close and greatly appreciating the gesture of the umbrella, Narumi kept up with the much larger gait of the mountain. Glancing up occasionally and catching his eye, she smiles and blushes, though it's somewhat more reserved than the day before.
"Did you have somewhere in mind, or are we just wandering?" Not that either answer was a problem, not really.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:28 pm

Bo stops in his tracks for a moment, "Uh... I thought you were leading us somewhere... Ummmm... maybe the river?"

She likes rivers, he knew that much at least.
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:34 pm

He stops so quickly her momentum takes her out from under the umbrella and she turns back, turning her face up to the rain and grinning for a moment before looking back at him.
"Okay but besides the river? The river's a given. That's the point, the destination. I'm asking about the journey."

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:39 am

"Oh... uh..."

Wasn't the journey to the destination?

"Ummm I mean this morning was my first time in here. I reckon I don't really know what there might be?"

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:52 am

Her brow wrinkles in a way that was probably becoming familiar to Bo by now, one of amused exasperation, and she tucks back in under the umbrella and beside him.

"No..." she says patiently, and nudges him gently to start walking again, "-the point isn't always about where you end up. It's how you get there. What choices you make, what you do, where you pause, what you see or what finds you... all of it adds up and it's never the same way twice. So every journey is different, and honestly? I haven't been here before today either. So if you haven't been here, and I haven't been here, then I'm happy we're here together."

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:25 am

It's uncertain how much of that really sinks in to Bo but he smiles and nods at the end, "Yeah! I'm glad I'm here with ya."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:49 am

Well. At least he got that part.
She was getting used to no longer feeling as if her heart were going to implode inside her chest after any given amount of time around Bo. Not that her feelings toward him had changed, but rather everything else moving around them had changed so drastically yet he remained constant. Unmoving.
Having thrown all her cards on the table and having the risk paid off with the return of his affection certainly helped.
Narumi didn't have a specific course in mind, and truthfully she didn't know exactly where the river was from here, but she'd found it this morning during the event ... and she was fairly confident she could find it again.
Probably.

"You should come with me to tomorrow's play." she all but chirped beside him. "I'll bring my fan and I can explain everything to you behind it. But I want to see what you think..."

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:44 am

With the height difference, and the umbrella partially between them, Bo hopes Narumi couldn't see the passing look of shock and perhaps terror before he sets his face solid again.

"Ummm... if you... if you really wanna. I suppose."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:21 pm

If only! Poor Bo, she glances up at exactly the wrong time and sees past the umbrella, spots the change of his expression into something she hasn't seen before, hears the strain to his words - and then it's Narumi's turn to freeze, to stop walking, and end up back in the rain again.

Shit.
Her expression crumples as if she'd just kicked his puppy. "Actually, maybe you'd like to cook me dinner instead?"

----------------
Assessing Bo's mood/words. Subtle Observer. | TN: ? | Success: 5 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 3
Image Image Image Image Image Image