(D10 MA, Expecting) Rolling in the Mud

The woods surrounding Kyuden Shika
Kitsu Murato

(D10 MA, Expecting) Rolling in the Mud

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:32 pm

Murato showed up a bit earlier, and found a spot to sit on a log. He was waiting patiently, watching the rain fall on the nearby water with a content expression.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Matsu Ishioka

Re: (D10 MA, Expecting) Rolling in the Mud

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:02 pm

Ishioka was the next to turn up, looking a little bedraggled from the rain but in reasonably high spirits. He perhaps had finally accepted the weather being as it is, not as he would have it. He carries a bundle under his large umbrella, even though it means he's getting wetter himself.

"Good afternoon, Murato-san," he says warmly as he reaches the other Lion. "It's a... fine... day?" He smiles at the sort-of joke.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:52 pm

Inoshishi comes traipsing along next, her fingers stained with ink over the fading yellowish stains on her hands. As always, she's not bothering with an umbrella, the warm rain plastering her hair behind her and her kimono (the utilitarian one, not her new fancy one, that one she wouldn't wear in the rain!) to her slight but now almost pleasing frame. She looks utterly content, her line meandering rather than focusing on getting there. She looks at some flowers, picks a few odds and ends she's interested in and then waves cheerily to the boys.

"Hi! I asked Bai-chan if she wanted to come together, maybe give her an introduction like when I faced The Mourner but she did not seem overly excited. I assume she will be here? Either way, I took the long way because it's so pretty! And water that doesn't freeze in your hair is still such an absolute joy."

She spins in place, completing her spin with her now-wet mushroom pouch in hand. "Mushroom?"
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:12 pm

Murato greets each new arrival in turn. "Ishioka-san, it is a fine day. The water kami are having fun as usual," he says with a smirk.

"Agasha-san," he greets with a bow. "Grappling is likely not of interest to Bai-chan today. I do expect she'll show though, to observe and hang out." He doesn't elaborate and his tone suggests he doesn't plan to elaborate either.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:31 pm

She arrived a tad late to the party. "Gomenasai " She bow to the two Lions and the Dragon. "I brought taiyaki." Bai smiled politely.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:55 pm

Mura smiled at Oubaihime and approached. "Thank you, Bai-chan."

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:09 pm

She was still a bit sore from the fall but any sign of such was never shown to the other two. "Did Murato san told you that I will be taking the side lines. I am still a bit tired from yesterday."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:01 pm

"That is a shame, Kaito-san," Ishioka says respectfully, though his eyes suggest he's skeptical of her and Murato's incomplete story. His eyes flick to the other Lion for a moment, an eyebrow raised in Not letting this go without details later.

"Seems terribly unfair to try sumai with unbalanced teams. What chance have Murato-san and I against Ino-chan," he jokes, using his name for her more easily here, in this company.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:31 pm

"It's alright. How about if you and Ino-san get in a warmup match or two and then I'll let you have a chance to toss me around a bit," he says with a smirk. "Until then I'll keep Bai-chan company, and eat your share of the food Ishioka-san. I'm still growing, I need it more to catch up to you."

He guides Bai over to a place to sit on a log, the same one they had been carrying the other day, letting her choose the spot to sit on it first so she could be comfortable.

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:47 am

Inoshishi suppresses a smile at the Kitsu's banter. She bows warmly to him. "Hai, I'm glad you're not double teaming me. That would be...weird. Especially with sumai."

She turns to the big Matsu, "Alright, where am I pinning you into the mud?" If bravado would win this fight, she's already triumphed. Regardless, her eyes are playful, if wet, and she seems to be finding the whole situation great fun.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai