(D9, EM) Train Until You Succeed! (Open)

The walls and towers surrounding Kyuden Shika
Seppun Yuzu

Re: (D9, EM) Train Until You Succeed! (Open)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:50 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:59 pm
"If Seppun-sama wouldn't mind. It would be an honour to have the chance to learn a bit from your style." He says, bowing slightly again. "Is it the famed Seppun Miharu you trained with, Seppun-sama?"
He provides another bow. "Unfortunately, I am forbidden to teach the Miharu's techniques as they are a secret. Yet, I would be glad to spar as for both of us to get insights."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:04 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:50 pm
He provides another bow. "Unfortunately, I am forbidden to teach the Miharu's techniques as they are a secret. Yet, I would be glad to spar as for both of us to get insights."
"Oh, of course, Seppun-sama. I would never assume that you would be teaching me the Miharu's secret techniques", he says, bowing low again. "But just the opportunity of sparring against one so trained will be a priceless opportunity."

He bows again, then positions himself a short distance away from the Seppun.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:52 am

The Miharu trained Governor assumes his stance, and remains ready to unsheathe. At a safe distance. "It would be nice to find level headed a spar partner."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:12 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:52 am
The Miharu trained Governor assumes his stance, and remains ready to unsheathe. At a safe distance. "It would be nice to find level headed a spar partner."
The Suzume takes a firm, steady stance himself. He keeps serious and focused... but his eyebrows clearly raises slightly at the Seppun's words. "Oh? I... hope Seppun-sama hasn't encountered any trouble?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:58 am

His solid stance connects his feet to the ground, and for the trained eye, it is clear he could both defend any potential injury but also deliver a good strike –– with Fortune's luck: a deadly one. He mentions, "Nothing too grand I can't handle. But I meant level headed since the others I've met were... well.. perhaps not as keen as Suzume-san."
DescriptionTheme

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:45 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:58 am
His solid stance connects his feet to the ground, and for the trained eye, it is clear he could both defend any potential injury but also deliver a good strike –– with Fortune's luck: a deadly one. He mentions, "Nothing too grand I can't handle. But I meant level headed since the others I've met were... well.. perhaps not as keen as Suzume-san."
"Ah! I suppose I've had luck, then. I've had the luck of sparring with many a skilled bushi since the start of our time in Deer lands", he says with a smile, feet still solidly planted on the ground, watching the Seppun's movements. "Although... well, fighting is not our main duty here, ne? So perhaps Seppun-sama's luck has lain in other meetings", he comments, more than asks, with a serene smile.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:51 am

Yuzu moves his footwork to something more loose, and starts to move towards the Suzume to predict his next move as he finds an opening. The Seppun’s guard seem to be lax, but there’s something more.

“One cannot waive training away. As one cannot fo without food. The duty here, or out of here, requires the best of us.”
DescriptionTheme

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:00 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:51 am
Yuzu moves his footwork to something more loose, and starts to move towards the Suzume to predict his next move as he finds an opening. The Seppun’s guard seem to be lax, but there’s something more.

“One cannot waive training away. As one cannot fo without food. The duty here, or out of here, requires the best of us.”
"Wise words, Seppun-sama", the Sparrow says, his footing steady again as he lowers his sword to a gedan stance, as if ready to defend against the young man's incoming attack. "I cannot but agree. Although training, as fighting, is different for each of us, ne?", he adds with a gentle, calm smile.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:08 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:00 pm
"Wise words, Seppun-sama", the Sparrow says, his footing steady again as he lowers his sword to a gedan stance, as if ready to defend against the young man's incoming attack. "I cannot but agree. Although training, as fighting, is different for each of us, ne?", he adds with a gentle, calm smile.
Knowing he wouldn't harm the Suzume with his stance, the boy unsheathes a tricky kiriage from his approaching hasso.

As the blade flies up, he says, "We all see the same things, but at different ways. Suzume-san means?"
DescriptionTheme

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:06 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:08 pm
Knowing he wouldn't harm the Suzume with his stance, the boy unsheathes a tricky kiriage from his approaching hasso.

As the blade flies up, he says, "We all see the same things, but at different ways. Suzume-san means?"
Senseki relies on his downward blade to deflect the upward strike and steps back again, still solid in a gedan stance.

"Un. I believe that may be so. We... see and do the same, but also different things. Fight different fights, in a way, I suppose", he says, a calm smile still on his lips.

"Seppun-sama would not assume a humble Suzume woodsman would know the trade of running a district in the Imperial City, for instance, ne?", he adds as the smile widens slightly.