(D9, EM) Train Until You Succeed! (Open)

The walls and towers surrounding Kyuden Shika
Seppun Yuzu

Re: (D9, EM) Train Until You Succeed! (Open)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:17 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:06 pm
Senseki relies on his downward blade to deflect the upward strike and steps back again, still solid in a gedan stance.

"Un. I believe that may be so. We... see and do the same, but also different things. Fight different fights, in a way, I suppose", he says, a calm smile still on his lips.

"Seppun-sama would not assume a humble Suzume woodsman would know the trade of running a district in the Imperial City, for instance, ne?", he adds as the smile widens slightly.
The boy adjusts his steps to re-enter maai distance and moves his blade back with his fists leveled as his waist in wakigamae, hiding much of the blade. "Why wouldn't I. The Thunders themselves all came from various places and families. All of them masterful their skills. I force myself to be humble enough to understand the benefit of the doubt."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:32 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:17 pm
The boy adjusts his steps to re-enter maai distance and moves his blade back with his fists leveled as his waist in wakigamae, hiding much of the blade. "Why wouldn't I. The Thunders themselves all came from various places and families. All of them masterful their skills. I force myself to be humble enough to understand the benefit of the doubt."
Seeing the blade half-hidden behind the Seppun's body, the Suzume steps back again, still with a steady gedan stance. He was nothing if not tenacious.

"Un. That much is true, ne?" A moment of silence. "I... assume not all of them would be as able at managing an Imperial district as they were with their duties, though?"

Some more silence as he levelled his breathing and focused on the young man's movements again.

"I... would not expect Lord Hida-no-kami or Lord Togashi-no-kami to replace Hantei-tenno-heika-no-kami in the first Emperor's duties, for instance? Same as I would not expect Lady Doji to be as skilled as Lord Hida in erecting defenses against the South..." He looks at the Seppun for a moment. "Would Seppun-sama disagree in that?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:37 pm

The Seppun recklessly advances an jumps in a tora buri strike from above, aiming to raise the Suzume’s defenses or stop before hitting the head.

“Hai!” He says after the strike. “I would agree. Which one with their skills. Yet, Mirumoto-shiryo was a very different samurai than Togashi-kami.”
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes