[D8, EA] Femme Fatale is Code for Trouble (Closed)

The walls and towers surrounding Kyuden Shika
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D8, EA] Femme Fatale is Code for Trouble (Closed)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:21 am

After finding the Lion and convincing him to have a private chat, he led them away from the crowd of townsfolk and they ascended the wall. In truth Hikimasu had a lot going through his head, but that was the morning, he had other things playing on his mind from previous days and since that shit that happened he didn't feel comfortable approaching Unsei about it.

He grumbled.

Stupid idiot from Stupid Idiot Mura.

He wasn't sure if he was calling her or himself that.

He turned to face the Kitsu. Yes, another fucking Kitsu. At least this one he'd only ever seen and not spoken to. He wondered how much of an ass this one was. Then he settled down, no sense in being a complete jackass.

A bow. "Kitu-san, thank you for sparing me your time, I assure you I won't waste it."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Re: [D8, EA] Femme Fatale is Code for Trouble (Closed)

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:28 am

The Kitsu bowed in return.

"Of course, Shosuro-san. I didn't expect you would." he said, not knowing the angry Bayushi that was in his future. If only someone had told him his future, rather than arranging his downfall.
Lion Clan * Shugenja * Miai Candidate

"Failure would shame my ancestors."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:31 am

Unknown coincidences between them aside, Hikimasu nodded in thanks to the comment. "Then I'll get right to it, you know the story about the missing figure from the painting?" he asked. "I'm sure you also heard it was a prank...yet there were also trickster spirits at work as well, did you hear of that?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:33 am

Tsugumasa shook his head.

"I had not. Though I am given to undertand that they are rather common in the area. Generally harmless as long as one is willing to go along with the joke rather than lash out violently." he repelied.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:37 am

That he hadn't heard and he took it seriously, as he was, predictably scorpion levels of supersitious.

"Right...well, yes. They caused trouble, but what I wanted to ask you about was this...what kind of spirit haunts someone's desires? My guess is...gaki...feeding off people like they do, but I'm not sure they're tempers, more like...shrieking murder."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:19 pm

The Lion nodded.

"A common misconception. Depending on the gaki, their is a wide range of things they can feed on. The ones you are thinking of feed on flesh or blood. Those are the most overtly dangerous. But there have been gaki that feed on perfume, gaki that feed on music....really any sort of essence is possible. So a gaki that feeds on desire is certainly not unheard of." the Lion answered slipping into scholar mode for a moment, before pausing.

"But....why do you ask, Shosuro-san?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:37 pm

"Gaki can change their appearance as well, and those seeking to feed on your desire can use that to their advantage I would imagine", he said to himself, not so quiet the Lion couldn't hear though. He flicked his dead eyes back to Tsugumasu. "I'm helping someone, how do I do that?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:46 pm

Tsugumasa frowned at that.

"You will need spiritual assistance. Mortal weapons are mostly useless against gaki. And I would suggest seeking that assistance swiftly. The longer the gaki can feed on a victim, the more devastating it is for the victim."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:53 pm

So I can't just cut it down, that isn't surprising.

"What kind of spiritual assistance? Charms, warding, jade? Can you do anything specifically yourself?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:06 pm

"Jade is the wrong answer. Charms and warding might help." Tsugumasa offered. "There...is a possibility I could help. There is a ritual I know of that could work....but it's risky. I've never performed it before, and would need the assistance of four others...if not outright shuegenja, at least very spiritually attuned."