[D8 EM] Yesterday's baggage gone [Open]

The walls and towers surrounding Kyuden Shika
Kaikoga Koi

[D8 EM] Yesterday's baggage gone [Open]

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:19 am

Koi dressed down for the day, simpler kimonos and light make up. She didnt want to bother with too much when she was going to be thrown around like a ragdoll in the dojo, she presumed of some physical contest was going to be involved with the challenge. Koi was up at the crack of dawn, and with the light drizzle outside decided she needed sometime to think.

Taking an umbrella, her katana and her cloak the Moth headed towards the Walls with just the mindset to roam a little. She had been doing a lot for the past few days in the city, and something had put her in danger - that was concerning. So, she needed to think and walk.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Saibankan

Re: [D8 EM] Yesterday's baggage gone [Open]

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:22 am

She didn't have to go far before getting the distinct impression that she was being followed.

That's because she was being followed.

By Shika Genkai.

Who did not greet her, or approach her. Merely followed her silently.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:30 am

Tanabe had awoken early as well saying goodbyes to Yasu knowing they would see eachother again soon.

He had wanted to take a moment to sort of meditate in his own way. He went to the walls and stood in the light rain leaning on a wall and looking out to the area surrounding the city in quiet contemplation.

He saw the moth approach and turned to her with a small smile "Good morning Kaikoga-san, I hope the morning finds you well." He said in his usual cheery mood.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:53 am

Koi continued on her walk towards the Wall though when she realizes that he is following her Koi stops for a moment, takes a deep breath and sighs heavily laden but she continued on making no obvious attempts to lose him or approach him. Though she was curious about his intentions, could he be the villain that has been causing all this drama? A sakkaku spirit designed to torment her till the end of days? Or was he just be sent by Lord Shika to monitor her?

She walked and pondered but then darker thoughts filled her mind. Paranoia, and fear set in. Once she was on the wall she would find a position with her back facing Genkai to quietly prayer to the kami, with the water all around her in the rain she was about as close to water as you practically can get.

Koi whispered very softly while holding her hand in the rain.
Cousins of the rain,
Spirits of the flood and of the river.
I request your assistances.
Tell me a little bit about that Deer...
D8 EM: Reflection of Pan Ku. Water/Theology. Moth School. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 0
1Opportunity symbol Target a character instead of an object. If you succeed, identify one invocation, kiho, maho, or supernatural item or ability possessed by that person along with it’s name and general qualities.
1Opportunity symbol the gain +1 supernatural resistances for till the end of the turn.

D8 EM: What you doing Genkai? Sentiment/Water | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
1Opportunity symbol remove two strife.
Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:30 am

He saw the moth approach and turned to her with a small smile "Good morning Kaikoga-san, I hope the morning finds you well." He said in his usual cheery mood.
Koi was startled from her little prayer and smiled as the Large Sumai approached her warmly. "Ah, good morning Susaki-san! It finds me well enough, just preparing for whatever shenanigans that is to happen this morning in the dojo."

She studied the man and smiled. "Early bird, I see. How are you?"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:39 pm

His smile grew a touch as she mentioned the days event "Yes it promises to be exciting. I had not expected my particular training focus to be something they tested at this miai. They really have been doing a bit of everything." He said with a chuckle as he drew into a conversational distance with her.

"I am not really much of an early riser usually but just needed some time to think about things, everything going on. Up on the wall seemed like a good spot for some quiet." He turned his smile on her, it was a friendly one "though I do not mind the surprise in being wrong."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:25 pm

Koi smiled brightly. "I have no idea how sumai would be useful in a relationship unless I wish to hiptoss my beloved into the bedroom when they are drunken." She said playfully, dropping into a reasonable sumo stance and jokingly doing the toss. "However, I am an avid fan of the sport and I have to admit I have been awaiting to see you get into the ring."

She chuckled warmly, and looked over the Walls. "Quite, I find the view up here a good way to clear the mind." Koi smiled, and glanced at Genkai for a moment. "Would you care to walk with me? Perhaps, I can help you with what you are thinking about?"

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:26 pm

A nearby bush rattles oddly. In it, Inoshishi wakes up, yawning, as the always-loud Rokugani samurai conversation begins.

She’s not very good at stealth and didn’t really mean to be sleeping out here in the first place. She’d just needed to think, so she’d left the walled enclosure for some space, literal and metaphorical.

Now there’s samurai chattering away and fuck why is it so loud? She sticks up the staff she brought with her, trying to make sure no one thinks she’s sneaking up on anyone.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:32 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:25 pm
Koi smiled brightly. "I have no idea how sumai would be useful in a relationship unless I wish to hiptoss my beloved into the bedroom when they are drunken." She said playfully, dropping into a reasonable sumo stance and jokingly doing the toss. "However, I am an avid fan of the sport and I have to admit I have been awaiting to see you get into the ring."

She chuckled warmly, and looked over the Walls. "Quite, I find the view up here a good way to clear the mind." Koi smiled, and glanced at Genkai for a moment. "Would you care to walk with me? Perhaps, I can help you with what you are thinking about?"
At her imitation Tanabe gives a full laugh, a rich warm sound that can likely be heard for some distance "Well the image of you hip tossing people around is an amusing one. I shall have to watch your bout with interest."

He matches stride with the Moth, wordlessly agreeing with the proposition as well as politely offering her his arm "want me to hold the umbrella kaikoga-san?" He offered as well, his mother had always taught him to be polite and while he was no Courtier he never forgot her lessons.

He did see the staff come out of a bush nearby and gave it an odd look for a moment then looked down to the Moth to see if it made more sense to her.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:29 pm

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:32 pm
At her imitation Tanabe gives a full laugh, a rich warm sound that can likely be heard for some distance "Well the image of you hip tossing people around is an amusing one. I shall have to watch your bout with interest."

He matches stride with the Moth, wordlessly agreeing with the proposition as well as politely offering her his arm "want me to hold the umbrella kaikoga-san?" He offered as well, his mother had always taught him to be polite and while he was no Courtier he never forgot her lessons.

He did see the staff come out of a bush nearby and gave it an odd look for a moment then looked down to the Moth to see if it made more sense to her.
Koi smiled as well, it was a smile that could blind the sun and certainly be a danger to anyone with low blood pressure or high blood pressure perhaps as it relocated to southern regions. "It's all the in the hips." She chuckled, before shaking her head politely declining the arm but offering the umbrella with a kind smile. "Oh kami, please spare me the humiliation of looking like a total idiot in front of someone who is actually skilled in the talent. It would be like me asking you to read my dreams or -"

At which Koi squeaked out a noise and perhaps learn to fly for a moment as the stick coming out of the bush alarmed Koi. "By the stones!"

A flash of curiosity, a twinkle of mischief filled Koi's mind as she raised a finger to her lips to the Otter like "Shhh."

Koi snuck forward, and with a deep breath called out in the best impression of a guard taking all the years of acting, all the time spent with Nesshin and Genkai before calling out. "Halt! Who dares hid in a bush?! Come out with your hands above your head!" Koi calls, even making her voice sound a little deeper, a little bit authority.

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:01 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:29 pm
"Halt! Who dares hid in a bush?! Come out with your hands above your head!" Koi calls, even making her voice sound a little deeper, a little bit authority.
Suddenly Inoshishi was relieved that she’d relieved herself the night before. The loud, authoritative voice startled the poor, barely awake Dragon. Her staff falls, whacking her on her own head and she exits the bush with all the grace of a sack of potatoes. Luckily, her hands are on her head because, ow, staff!

With mushrooms spilling around her knees, Inoshishi screamyells, “Dont stab! I’m Agasha Inoshishi, I’m supposed to be here, I just wanted to sleep in the woods!”

There was something familiar about all of this, but Inoshishi couldn’t place it just yet.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai